“Good hotel in nice part of Town”

Danubius Hotel Regents Park
Ranked #314 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northallerton
“Good hotel in nice part of Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Newly refurbished room, but on the quirky side (an unusual shape) which made it a little cramped. However very clean & fabulous view from 11th floor of Lords. However, our room seemed to have part of the hot water system for the rest of the hotel in it which made it a little noisy during the night. St Johns Wood is a nice part of London with some nice eateries close by. Regents Park is on the doorstep & it's a short walk to the tube. Have been previously & would stay there again when visiting London

Room Tip: 1128 is the noisy room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

It's a standard business hotel, without much soul but does the job. It has some good staff who try hard but it's patchy. The restaurant (dinner) was poor but there are so many options to eat in London it's maybe not an issue....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Excellent location by Lord's and Regent's Park, comfortable room, pleasant breakfast in Minsky's, helpful staff.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Westlawns
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

This hotel is quite close to St. John Wood's station and much closer to the bus stop. But for me it still is quite far from the center. Hotel itself is nice and staff is very helpful and kind. Once they let stay three of us in a room for two and we didn't have to pay any extras and they gave us another sheets. I definitely enjoyed rooms and bathrooms, it is very nice and clean and beds are very cozy. What I don't like about this hotel is breakfast staff who don't even speak english and problems with internet connection. Food here isn't bad, I especially liked breakfasts here, but lunch/dinner is quite ordinary and boring and not as good as you would expect from such hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Lancashire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed at the Daubius hotel for one night as a business stay over and wouldn't be rushing back to stay here again.

I paid £105 for a double room and ended up in a Plaza room which appears to be one of their 'premium' suites and would have hated to be have given one of their standard suites if this was anything to go by.

The room was very spacious but so old fashioned and definitely needs a face-lift. I had two fridges in my room.. Both filthy and both had nothing in them.. Water in the room would be good - preferably complimentary or to be honest I would have paid for it rather than be left thirsty and resorting to drinking the water from the tap! Ewghh

The bathroom was huge and perhaps 30 years ago would have been a very stylish bathroom indeed but now looks tired and extremely dated and in dire need of an up-date.

I ate in the restaurant which for the price was OK but the drinks were extortionate - even for London prices!! I paid £10 for a rather pathetic Bloody Mary cocktail. The staff were really sweet though and the service was quick and professional but again the restaurant was extremely dated and tired looking.

My room was on the 2nd floor overlooking a large trafffic interchange and the noise from the road was quite loud and if your not used to traffic noise this would be an issue for you.

After a fitful sleep I awoke with a few rather nasty bites on the side of my face which I can only presume came from the pillow... Not good!

After checking out I asked the concierge for a taxi to Baker St as the station is a good 20 minutes away (St Johns Wood tube is slightly closer at 15 mins walk away but only has access to the Jubilee line)... I waited for over 30 minutes for a cab which was rather annoying - there were several other guests waiting too and the staff concierge didn't have a clue what was going on and who the taxis were for and to be honest looked like he could't care less either.

I stay in London hotels on a weekly basis and am yet to find one that ticks all the boxes for a good price... The Danubius was nowhere near and I certainly wouldn't stay agin and wouldn't recommend it either.

I have paid a similar price to this and stayed in far better hotels such as The Grosvener at Victoria or the Ashburn on Cromwell Rd and paid similar rates and got a far better standard of hotel.

Am not sure what other reviewers mean when they say that the Danubius is good 4 star as this hotel is not even a 3 in my view.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Rachel L
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park.

Firstly allow us to apologize for failing to meet your expectations on this occasion and I can assure you that our managers are looking into the different issues very seriously and will take appropriate action immediately.

The hotel has since 2006 undergone a major refurbishment of 335 bedrooms out of the 365 rooms over the last 3 years where we spent over 4.5 million pounds to improve our bedrooms completely from Electricals, Furniture to décor with brand new bathrooms as well as upgraded double glazed windows & plasma screen TV.
Along with the hotel lifts and the Fire Alarm system being upgraded we are now completing our 11 corridors.

The Plaza rooms pipeline is the last stage of our refurbishment programme, it is our next priority when the corridors are completed.

In regards to the issues met during your stay especially in the bedroom we have taken your comments on board and have already taken the necessary action. Also, all managers are dealing with the mentioned comments relevant to their departments to enable us to continuously improve our hotel services

It is all the more regrettable that some issues such as the mineral water in the room could have been dealt with straight away by just calling our room service Team available 24 hours.

We have taken your comments about the quality of the Bloody Mary on board and this will be addressed, in regards the price however in London at least we still appear to be cheaper than many 4 star hotels . All our coktails are with double measures of alcohol.

In regards to the distance to the underground, I am somewhat surprised as i can confirm the distance to Baker Street Station is 0.8 miles away usually walked in approximately 15-20 minutes. However our nearest Station is St. John's Wood Station ( Jubilee Line ) which is only 0.4 miles away and only 6-8 minutes’ walk.

Please allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and try our new bedrooms and provide you with the level of service you are accustomed to.

I will be happy to do everything it takes to make your next visit with us a successful one. For future reservations please contact myself directly.

Patrice Max
Director of Sales & Marketing
patrice.max@danubiuslondon.co.uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Far from everything, room window always "open", poor service, no minibar or drinking water in room and no umbrella to lend or buy when it rains! Hotel ok for low cost tourist groups but still too expensive. Too bad I booked on Tripadvisor rewiew rating; I wonder about the quality of it!! The same happens for restaurants everywhete, they give an excellent rating and then if you go you disagree. The problem is that the majority of voters is not a frequent flyer, the kind of people that clap hands at all flight landings...

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank tonyagain
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Sir, Dear Madam

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at The Danubius Hotel Regents Park.
We are somewhat dispaointed to hear about your comments and take those very seriously.

You mentioned about experiementing a poor service. For us to be able to investigate further we would need to get some specifics details as this is very important for us to always improve our customer service.
In regards to the window been open , did you seek any asssitance where am sure our maintenance Team would have come and resolved the matter promptly.
Could you kindly provide us with the room number so we can check it out and ensure that it is fully operational.
We do have a 24 hour room service should you want to order drinks or food.
in regrds to the location, the hotel is right oposite Regents Park, closeby St. John's Wood and 15 minutes walk to Baker Street.

I hope to receive the details of your stay as previously stated so we can rectify the issues you encountered.

my contact details:
Patrice Max - Director of Sales & Marketing
email: patrice.max@danubiuslondon.co.uk
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

A really nice hotel, just off Regents Park. Service in the bar was excellent & my partner commented on the excellent Cosmopolitan... also got the biggest bowl of Olives I've ever seen, awesome. The beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, which made the stay more enjoyable. The room was on a high floor which gave great views out the window.... Hopefully we'll get to use you again. J

Room Tip: Ask for view looking out to Regents Park..
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I was absolutely delighted to hear that you and your partner had a memorable stay with us and that you found the service to be excellent and our beds very comfortable.
It was a pleasure looking after you and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Yours sincerely