“Good hotel and location”

Danubius Hotel Regents Park
Ranked #310 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Clean, comfortable and spacious hotel.

We booked through lastminute as a secret hotel deal.

The location is great, walking or bus ride away from Oxford Street, Buckingham Palace or Piccadilly Circus.

Can't go wrong to be honest for the price we have paid.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
I am so pleased that you found the Danubius Hotel Regents Park a really nice hotel for your secret room hotel stay. It is great to be a nice surprise for our guests who do not know us. May I thank you for taking the time to post your positive review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Danubius on your next visit to London.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Lovely hotel, room very clean and comfortable.
Good size bathroom with a bath and good shower.
Minsky's restuarant for dinner very good with live music and buffet breakfast also excellent.
Very helpful and friendly staff.
All together made a very enjoyable three day stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
I am delighted that you enjoyed your latest stay at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park. We take great pride in our Hospitality and customer services. We shall look forward to welcoming you back to Regents Park in the not too distant future.
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Managed to book this hotel on the Remembrance weekend and I booked it on hotwire.com. My expectations were high and the hotel really delivered. The outside looks a bit dated but once inside it's very nicely decorated. The staff were helpful and very obliging and will do anything to help you out. We had a standard size double room and the room size was good, the bathroom was a little cramped but I could live with it for 1 night. Although I didn't use the bar or restaurant, they did look very nice. The only downfall, if it is one, is that, even though its near 3 tube stations and me being very lazy, they are all a good 15-20 mins walk away, very annoying when carrying mine and my girlfriends suitcase. As I said, very minor flaw for me being lazier than most but after walking around London all day, I just want to jump off the tube and get into the hotel.
Overall I was very pleased.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AQuinney2013
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
It was with pleasure that I read your positive review about the Danubius Hotel Regents Park following your stay. With reference to our location, once you are familiar with this area the transport links can be very convenient. St Johns Wood underground station is an 8 minute walk or 2 stops on the bus; situated on the Jubilee line and one stop to Baker Street. The bus stop is just outside the hotel and buses are frequent. I am sorry that you had 2 suitcases to carry. I do hope that you will decide to return and stay with us on another occasion.
Sussex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Room clean and comfortable. Nice bathroom (with bath) and all amenities as you'd expect.
Bar prices expensive.
Room service beyond slow, snail like.
Minsky's restuarant for dinner (Indian buffet), excellent food, good service and price was OK (£15.95 including a beer/wine). Breakfast buffet was also excellent, lots of choice. Very good service in the restaurant.
Reception - slow! Confused over pre-arranged charges and bookings. With the pre-arranged deal it was affordable, otherwise very overpriced.
Concierge didn't order taxi's as requested.
Location not too far from St John's wood tube, a bit too far with luggage particularly as you have to walk around the block behind the hotel (facing Wellington Rd) and up a steep ramp to get to the reception. There is an entrance opposite Lords (and square on to Wellington Rd) but you need your key card to use this.
Pillows hideous, far to thick and hard.
Overall a dissapointing experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
May I thank you for posting your review following your stay at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park. It is always a pleasure to read the positive comments you have mentioned however I shall be investigating and taking action regarding the service issues you have indicated. Our policy is to constantly review services and make improvements with additional staff training programs.
Beds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a late deal on last minute dot com.

To be fair the accommodation and location is good hence the 4 but eating in the restaurant reminded me of over priced pub grub that the hungry horse chain could do better.

I think a 2 for this was generous more out of an appreciation for the fact that it did not kill us.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
May I thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay. I take all comments seriously and use them as constructively as possible to make improvements. We will be investigating the food offering with the head chef and reviewing the menus. I am pleased to hear that you were pleased with the comfort of your bedroom.
Beeston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel and close to tube and bus stops. Bar quite expensive would consider the pub not to far away. Room was spotless and everything was clean.
Room seemed to be basic, was told their was a small safe but could not find it. TV was okay basic channels and you could use wifi in our room. All said and done I only stayed because we got a great price for the weekend.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
May I thank you for your kind review following your stay at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park.
We offer great hospitality in a 4 star hotel located in a very elegant part of London. Our bedrooms have been re-furbished and offer fresh modern comfort with Free Wifi for guests in the bedrooms and all public areas.
Please do come back and stay with us again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I found the room comfortable but ordered room service and was really disappointed with the salmon fishcakes because I hardly tasted or saw any salmon at all. They were completely tasteless unfortunately and at £15 not cheap.

Good location for the cricket ground and walkable into Camden and St Johns Wood but I am disappointed they have let the food slip in standards.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for posting your review, I have taken your comments extremely seriously and have asked the head of food and beverage to investigate the failure, on this occasion to provide you with a tasty dish. I can assure you that this does not match our normal high standards.
I do hope that you will return to stay again on another occasion and allow us to prove that we do maintain high standards of both comfort and food to our guests.