“Close to Lords Cricket Ground”

Danubius Hotel Regents Park
Ranked #316 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wincanton
“Close to Lords Cricket Ground”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Tastefully refurbished rooms and public areas.
Bar area good atmosphere. Efficient air conditioning with hardly any noise.
Car parking onsite, which can be difficult with London hotels
Bus stop across the road, with numerous buses taking you into Oxford Street in less than 15 minutes.
Booked hotel to watch the cricket at Lords. Very pleased we were in our hotel within 5 minutes of leaving the ground wheras most people were in a crush making their way to the underground station

Room Tip: At the front on high level overlooking the cricket ground
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
The unique selling point for the Danubius Hotel Regents Park is that we are the closest hotel to Lords cricket ground and located in super Regents Park. Thank you for the very positive considerations you have stated. We love cricket match days, the atmosphere is buzzing and the hotel is a wonderful place to retire to and relax after a full days cricket. Relax, take a drink or eat a meal in Minsky's restaurant without the crush to go home. I do hope that you will be returning soon for the next match.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Just like to say thank you to the hotel staff just spent an overnight stay with a visit to the theatre jersey boys lovely hotel, staff food nothing was to much trouble the only thing would be a good idea if maybe hotel had mini bus to take you to theatres instead of getting a taxi which works out quite expensive but a brilliant short break

Stayed July 2014
May I thank you for your great review following your stay here at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park. I am pleased that your stay here contributed well to your theatre break weekend. I shall discuss your recommendation with our Head concierge and investigate the possibility of offering such a service. I value the feedback from guests to enable me to identify ways of improving our service to guests. Please return and stay with us again on your next trip to London - PS did you stay in Room 708?
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Another flying visit to The Danubius one Sunday in July 2014. As always the staff in this wonderful hotel are really friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Ample free parking and the restaurant was excellent for Sunday lunch. Disappointed not to have seen Nadia, or the regular doorman ~ but guess they are allowed a day off. Thank you again Danubius and will be back again soon. I love this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrew P
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
May I thank you for your 100% positive review about the Danubius Hotel Regents Park. I will ensure that the staff mentioned receives your personal commendations. Sunday roast lunch in Minsky's is a well renowned tradition - a real must to experience as you state. Our job is done well when regular guests look forward to their next visit and receiving more Danubius hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here while at a conference at LBS. It is pretty close to LBS which is nice. And the price was reasonable. However, my experience there was pretty poor. First, the internet in my room was horrible. This is unacceptable for a business hotel. I could get my computer to check email if I sat in one specific place. I complained about this a couple of times during my stay and nothing was done about it. I wrote about this on a comment card and I did receive an email from the hotel. They wrote to tell me that they found the internet to work perfectly in that room. My room was also pretty bad. It required me to walk up a flight of stairs. It was really weird.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank kangaroo2010
I am sorry for the inconvenience that was caused to you with the difficulty of accessing the internet in your bedroom. I am most sympathetic with you and no internet is indeed a hindrance when you were attending a conference and needed to work. As per my previous email to you, please contact me directly when making your next booking and I will oversee your booking & ensure that you have a bedroom without stairs. I will also monitor that the bedroom has full internet coverage and ensure that you have full technical support if need be. May I thank you for your feedback; we have implemented an improved internet service for LBS (end of August) which can be maximised to 1gig if we are experiencing high usage. We have also implemented a message book at reception so that should a guest ask for assistance we can action this in a timely and efficient manner. Please use my contact details in future or contact the Sales department here in the hotel should you require any further assistance.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 21-23 July and had a great stay. Yes, the hotel doesn't look great from the outside, but once inside that all changed. Lovely, spacious bedroom overlooking Lords & the whole hotel was spotless. The breakfast was included in my rate and comes highly recommended with plenty of choice. Staff were very friendly too. A short walk takes you to St Johns High St with some nice bars and restaurants. Would definately bring the family here

Stayed July 2014
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I was delighted to see that you had awarded a 5star rating about the Danubius Hotel Regents Park following your stay. I value your time taken to write the review and will ensure that our staff are informed about the positive comments you have written.
I do hope that you will return for another visit with your family in the near future, if guests are ready to return for another stay then we have done our jobs well and offered first class hospitality. Thank you and do return again soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I like how the hotel is right next to Regent's Park, about 10 minutes to St. John's Wood tube station, 15 to Baker Street tube station and a nice half hour walk to Oxford Street.
The room itself seemed pretty nice and clean. However, the walls are paper thin. I'm not a light sleeper so it was okay for me, but I can constantly hear noise coming from the hallway. When in the washroom, I can hear when the people next door turn on the taps or when they're coughing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HungryLilTravelbug
danubiuslondon, Director of Sales at Danubius Hotel Regents Park, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
I can really agree with your review that the Danubius Hotel Regents Park is located in a great area for pleasant London walks but also has excellent transport links for buses or underground. I am really pleased to hear that your stay in London was a pleasant one. I take all comments most seriously and was concerned about your reference to noise levels. I will ensure that the heads of department are informed and we can take action to make future improvements. Thank you. Please come back to stay on another occasion and please do not hesitate to ask for a quiet room when booking.
St Mary Bourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hotel was great and as we were attending a dinner at Lords could not have been better located. Staff were all on top form, they had parking right outside the front door. Rooms were clean and smart nothing to worry about at all. Used the gym which whilst it did not have an enormous amount of equipment it was adequate and the room was large and airy. I suppose it is not a shock but London prices just kill me, £200 for the room extra for breakfast extra for parking, still at least they delivered.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
May I thank you for the 100% positive review that you wrote following your stay at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park. I shall ensure that our staff read your comment on the fabulous service they provided you with.
St Johns Wood is a joy especially when attending a dinner at Lords, it is so easy to walk across the road to your function. The London market is buoyant however our rates do remain competitive for a 4star hotel. I do hope that we can welcome you back for more Danubius hospitality in the very near future.