“very convenient location”

Ranked #676 of 1,067 Hotels in London
KSA
“very convenient location”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

stayed here for 2 days just a couple of weeks ago on the 4th floor, double room with an extra bed brought in for the children. had a bit of a problem checking in but it was resolved promptly. Felt the hotel was a bit dated but very well kept and clean. I agree with the other observations re: mini bar, just removing the water bottle or can of crisps will automatically be billed to your room. No free wi-fi unless you're a member of their club (free wi-fi at the lobby but quite inconvenient. Stayed at a small hotel previously, just around the corner of this property and enjoyed free wifi during my stay anywhere in the hotel. Breakfast selection was generous and the staff were very helpful. would recommend for its very accessible location but there are other hotels quite close that can be a bit more budget friendly and comparable in service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
I am pleased that the Breakfast ,cleanliness and team all contributed to make your stay a good one and I have shared your comments with the Management team.

Please accept my apologies for the slight error upon check in I am pleased the receptionist dealt with the situation promptly and were able to resolve it.

Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in an executive room, was lovely and big. Sofa and a dining table too. My partner and I decided to have a day in the hotel and just to relax so we had dinner in the society restaurant in the hotel. The service was amazing and the food was delicious. There was a waiter who was really friendly, worked on the saturday evening.. He is an asset to the hotel made us feel really welcomed and really looked after us. We had a voucher which was for 2 courses and a drink for £20 was such a good deal all the staff were polite but I would like to say the waiter was extremely helpful. We had breakfast which was very nice had so much to eat that morning and was ready to start the day.. All in all very happy and the room was very clean. Thank you for a great room.

• Stayed November 2013
I am pleased to read that you stay was an enjoyable one that you appreciated the executive rooms and that the team made your stay even more memorable. I have shared your feedback on the team with the respective managers and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 December 2013

the overall design was impressive, looks new n modern. However room was cold n had to ask for extra radiator. wind was coming thru the window which was shut. You hv to pay even water cost abt 4 pound, no free water given in the room. no internet in room n even lobby - down most of the time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am sorry that you experienced some problems during your stay however I am pleased that you did find the staff helpful and friendly.

We will investigate the problems you reported and take corrective actions.
Mumbai
Reviewed 17 December 2013

A Hilton at the price of other 2 star hotels in Central London is great

Positives
The rooms are decently sized for Central London and I was happy with that - We had a double room 251 on the second floor. Spacious with a nice desk and large bathroom.
Loved the toiletries.
The location was close to a lot of restaurants and Tesco, so that should give you plenty options to eat.Shopping at High Street Kensington is great too.
The hotel helped us with an early check in after first trying to sell us an upgrade.

Negatives

The location although close to Olympia (closed on weekdays) is a bus ride away from high street Kensington station. Most hotels in London are near a functioning tube.
The breakfast was a let down - the GBP 16 for it is just not worth it with so many other options around
We ordered room service but the food was again poor. The nachos came cold and the sandwich was tasteless.
The minibar was overpriced
No free wifi in the room. Expansive - Charged at GBP 15/day

I would visit this hotel again but only if I get a good price again.

Room Tip: The second floor twin rooms are large
1 Thank Kshitij S
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Opertions at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your thoughts and feedback. I was delighted to read that you had a positive stay.

I am sorry to read that although we offer 81 items on the Breakfast Buffett it was a negative on this stay and we did not meet your expectations. The Hotel is well connected via bus and over ground rail and the team will be happy to suggest alternative transport options.
San Franciso, United States
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Nor would I recommend it to any of my business colleagues. I have already informed our corporate travel agent of my issues and they have removed it from our list of properties. My company regularly send US based staff to work out of our London office. However, most of the properties near that location are incredibly expensive. Therefore, I was told by our CEO to explore different options for future staff and unfortunately the Hilton Olympia failed, miserably.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Chelsea G
I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay and we were not able to meet your expectations. We have a Manager on duty 24/7 and they would have been more than happy to assist making your stay a problem free one. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during a large conference for work on 2 separate occasions. The first night we were there, we were put in a very small room on the 8th floor. The room was literally not big enough for the 2 of us and our luggage. Check in was pleasant and quick considering the size of our group. The elevators are very small and we had a rough time trying to get us and our 2 bags into it with any room for anyone else. We had a double bed and not much else. The mini bar is quite expensive and the trays are pressure sensitive, so when we looked at the price on the water, it automatically added it to our room bill. There was no warning on the wall or the tray.

The 2nd visit was better. Once again, the check in was pleasant and quick. This time the room was a good size. There was plenty of room for what we needed, and a small table and chair. The bathroom was still very small, but it suited us. This time the tray for the mini bar was labelled as being pressure sensitive and we had also known from the last visit. Check out on both our stays was quite quick as well.

All in all, I would stay at this hotel again, but only in one of the larger rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations on your first visit and I am delighted that we were able to Make it Right in the second stay.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and share your feedback with us .I have shared your comments with the Management team to ensure they take corrective action. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Saltash, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Cannot fault this hotel at all, very helpful and professional staff. Rooms were very high, clean, standard. No noise from other rooms. Breakfast was excellent. Would definitely stay here again. The tube stations were not too close, but the bus stopped very near, and hotel ordered taxis with a flat rate for us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your feedback and comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed the stay and that we were able to meet your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future .