Hilton London Olympia
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
2,875 results
All reviewskensington high streetthe executive loungecosta coffeeearls courttube stationbus stophyde parkhammersmith
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel in December for 3 nights, and the hotel itself was pretty good. It is an older hotel, and room was rather dated in appearance but had all the needed amenities. The attached restaurant was large and got lots of business at breakfast ad all day, and if you are a Hilton Club member they have a nice Honors lounge. There is also a great coffee shop in the basement. The only problem here is it is located on the outskirts of London, and the Tube station (Earl's Court) is a 15 minute walk if you hustle - we made the trip many times. The other station is High Street Kensington, a similar hike. I thought we could travel there from the Olympia station, but that is rail and not tube.There are buses that stop out front going into London, so next time we stay we will have to learn the bus system.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HoustonRobert
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for your review and comments. I am please that the team looked after you and that you found the Hotel and amenities satisfactory.

I noted your comments on the distance to central the number 9/10 bus stops outside the Hotel and is an easy and relatively short commute to central London .I would also like to share a few tube stations recommendations with you for your next London visit, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Knights Bridge tube Station

Kensington Olympia Railway Station
Olympia Way, London, Kensington, W14 0NE
3 minutes from Hilton London Olympia Hotel

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Not a bad hotel overall, but not really up to a Hilton standard. The biggest annoyance was how loud the road beside the room. I was woken up both nights by passing ambulances in the middle of the night (I'm not a light sleeper by any means) and constant road noise. Earplugs did not solve the problem either! Not really acceptable for a Hilton.

The room and bathroom were quite small, although clean. Note that you have to pay for WiFi in your room (14.99 per day!), which is extortionately priced especially considering the room price tag...

The location was convenient, with benefits such as a gym and costa on site. However, I can't say I would stay again out of choice, mainly because I would want a restful nights sleep.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

It is always concerning to read that our guest did not enjoy the stay and that they felt we did not meet their expectations.

I have tasked the maintenance team to investigate the room care issues you mentioned.

We appreciate your detailed comments and we apologise that you did not have a restful night

Thank you for taking the time to write to us

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions and would recommend but this time the check in service was vey poor; the outside noise was disturbing throughout the night and the internet connection was hit/miss in the hotel reception.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank irishontour

We were delighted to welcome you back to the hotel and I apologise that you found that on this occasion our check in service was not of the standard you had come to expect .

I have shared your comments on the noise and internet with the team to investigate and seek corrective actions.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Overall, not a bad property. Staff were all professional and attentative to needs. I would advise requesting room away from High Street Kensington/Warwick Road as the windows are thin. Walking distance from High Street Kensington is more like 10 mins, however, there is ample bus service across the street from property. Earl's Court Tube Station is approximately 12 minute walk as well. Property is on the west end of High Street Kensington--not too far away from shopping/sights. I would recommend at least lunch/dinner at Pizza Express--a short 5 minute walk down the street from hotel (heading west)....awesome thin crust pizza!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Bob F

We are pleased that you enjoyed the stay and that the team looked after you during your stay.

I was happy to read that you found the location a favourable one and that the travelling to and from central London was easy and met your needs

Thank you for taking the time to write to us

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The lobby and bar area were great, very smart and contemporary and the staff were very friendly and attentive. The rooms though were very dated, tatty, musty, noisy & depressing.

I saw 3 rooms in total - the first was fetid, the second was very noisy (from the road) - exacerbated by the windows not closing properly - the third was at the back (the noise from the extractor fans was preferable to the road noise at the front). One of my other colleagues independently had to do the same. I was also really surprised that the Hilton allows these standards - on top of it all there were charges for Wi-Fi - very backward in this day & age!

To make it worse - I did not even fit in the shower. I am only 6'2" - I really had to stoop to fit under the ceiling (designed for people @ 5'10") - and crouch to fit under the shower!!!!

Fine if you are short and like dated decor.....

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel or make sure you get a room at the back
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Fami11y
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback which certainly helps us to monitor and improve our facilities.

I am genuinely sorry that the hotel did not match your expectations on this occasion. The hotel completed a full refurbishment including all bedrooms at the end of 2012.

Free Wifi is available in all our public areas, including the restaurant and bar area and not just the lobby.