“better than it looks”

Hilton London Olympia
Ranked #687 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 April 2014

despite uninspiring external look,interior is very comfortable. Location offers a less busy part of London, plenty around to see and do at a more relaxed pace. Hotel very good value for money compared to more central hotels. Staff and services very good

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Ian Bryce W
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I am pleased to read that your experience exceeded your expectations and that you had a good stay.

I have shared your comments and thought with the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Olympia

Reviewed 12 April 2014

the executive lounge was very pleasant. The room was adequate but street facing and a bit noisy. Reception was friendly and helpful. Good location on Kensington high street although a bit of a hike to the nearest tube station.

Room Tip: probably best at the back
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and comments. I am please that the team looked after you and apologise if you found the street noise interrupted your stay.

I noted your comment on the distance to central London and wanted to share some travel ideas for your next London visit with you we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Knights Bridge tube Station

Kensington Olympia Railway Station
Olympia Way, London, Kensington, W14 0NE
3 minutes from Hilton London Olympia Hotel

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Rooms were small but clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. £60 for the internet for the week and £150 to park my cark in their garage during my stay. Its not somewhere i will be going back to.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Headsy112

I was pleased to read that the rooms and team met with your expectations and apologise that you found the Wi-Fi and car park less satisfactory.

The Wi-Fi is free in all the Lobby, Costa, restaurant and all pubic areas and the reception team would be happy to assist.Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and review

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great location for Olympia Trade shows, the venue is just around the corner!

Last stay I was very dissatisfied with the service I received (or rather didn't).
After a long day I booked into my room, unpacked and washed ready to go out for an evening meal 45minutes later.
I was unable to use the shower because a control know was missing. I called by reception on the way out and requested it was fixed or replaced by the time I got back so I could have a shower then and in the morning.
Later when I came back in (00.28hrs) I noticed nothing had been done so I called down to reception asking why. A guy called marco explained that I had previously spoke to the Supervisor who had NOT logged the incident and had now gone off shift, therefore nothing was done.
A LOT of money to pay for NO SHOWER!
If I have to stay here again I will be more assertive or change room. A unecessary hassle on a busy business trip!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Edward H

It is always concerning to read that our guest did not enjoy the stay and that they felt we did not meet their expectations.

We have a manager on duty 24/7 to ensure that any reported problem/ issues is dealt with and rectified I apologise that on this occasion this did not happen .

I have tasked the maintenance team to investigate the room care issues you mentioned and the delay in the reporting of the issue.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel in December for 3 nights, and the hotel itself was pretty good. It is an older hotel, and room was rather dated in appearance but had all the needed amenities. The attached restaurant was large and got lots of business at breakfast ad all day, and if you are a Hilton Club member they have a nice Honors lounge. There is also a great coffee shop in the basement. The only problem here is it is located on the outskirts of London, and the Tube station (Earl's Court) is a 15 minute walk if you hustle - we made the trip many times. The other station is High Street Kensington, a similar hike. I thought we could travel there from the Olympia station, but that is rail and not tube.There are buses that stop out front going into London, so next time we stay we will have to learn the bus system.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HoustonRobert

Thank you for your review and comments. I am please that the team looked after you and that you found the Hotel and amenities satisfactory.

I noted your comments on the distance to central the number 9/10 bus stops outside the Hotel and is an easy and relatively short commute to central London .I would also like to share a few tube stations recommendations with you for your next London visit, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Knights Bridge tube Station

Kensington Olympia Railway Station
Olympia Way, London, Kensington, W14 0NE
3 minutes from Hilton London Olympia Hotel

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Not a bad hotel overall, but not really up to a Hilton standard. The biggest annoyance was how loud the road beside the room. I was woken up both nights by passing ambulances in the middle of the night (I'm not a light sleeper by any means) and constant road noise. Earplugs did not solve the problem either! Not really acceptable for a Hilton.

The room and bathroom were quite small, although clean. Note that you have to pay for WiFi in your room (14.99 per day!), which is extortionately priced especially considering the room price tag...

The location was convenient, with benefits such as a gym and costa on site. However, I can't say I would stay again out of choice, mainly because I would want a restful nights sleep.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

I have tasked the maintenance team to investigate the room care issues you mentioned.

We appreciate your detailed comments and we apologise that you did not have a restful night

Thank you for taking the time to write to us

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions and would recommend but this time the check in service was vey poor; the outside noise was disturbing throughout the night and the internet connection was hit/miss in the hotel reception.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank irishontour

We were delighted to welcome you back to the hotel and I apologise that you found that on this occasion our check in service was not of the standard you had come to expect .

I have shared your comments on the noise and internet with the team to investigate and seek corrective actions.