“weekend stay”

Ranked #684 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“weekend stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

we booked two double rooms via hotwire for a one night stay and was more than happy with the price and standard of the rooms. all facilities were in place and the sights i`d come to see didnt include the hotel window view therefore it didnt matter. polite staff and quick (late) check-in. so many landmarks that all tube stations were visited! get your oyster card first.

Room Tip: if booking via internet give hotel a quick ring if any other issues
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BarbaraMatheson, General Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our service and facilities met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a large party with work. It was quite difficult to get to, compared to other parts of London, especially if coming from Euston. The tube does not always run to Kensington Olympia so make sure you check this first. I caught an overground train from Euston and changed at Willesden. It is a 5 min walk then from Olympia station. There are lots of pubs and restaurants nearby and bus stops to get around London, but imagine the main reason people would choose to stay here is if they are at an event at Olympia or Earls Court.
The hotel check in was fine and friendly, but when I got to my room, I was not happy, as it had no natural daylight and was overlooking a noisy a/c unit.....so I rang reception and spoke to a very helpful Penny, and got moved to a different room.
This room was much better and overlooked the High Street. This is a VERY busy and noisy road, so don't expect peace and quiet.
I couldn't get the air con to work but I just left the windows open and it soon cooled down.
I found the bed very comfy, the shower nice. Everything was clean and I had all I needed for a nights stay.
I did think the mini bar prices were very expensive, but I would never use it anyway so it didn't matter.
I ate dinner in the restaurant and the food and the service were brilliant. Lovely choice, tasted beautiful, very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent.
Breakfast was also good, with a huge choice and even fresh omelette made to order!
I slept ok, but unfortunately there were some very inconsiderate guests who were banging their doors and shouting at 4 am, which was rather annoying, but not the hotels fault.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for such constructive feedback which will certainly help us improve our services for the future. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience in our Society Restaurant.
Hayfield
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

As a Hilton honours member I have stayed at quite a few hotels, as generally it's a reliable brand. This week I had the displeasure of staying at the Hilton Olympia in London.

At checkin it looks good, it then falls down from the old lift, the worn corridors and finally the room. The room is awful, small, dirty carpet, Tv that doesn't work, worn bathroom, and the price at £340 per night is pure robbery for such a poor quality product. This hotel shames both the brand and London itself, I would hate to be a tourist having booked this hotel !!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback which certainly helps us to monitor and imrpove our service and facilities for the future. I am genuinely sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at lots of Hilton hotels all over the world and can honestly say this is the worst. The room is pokey with a tiny window overlooking a building that's 6 ft away. It's dark with outdated furniture and worst of all it's £341 a night!!!!! Not even got a hair dryer in the room. Will rethink my Hilton hotel strategy after this 2 night stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to read that you felt your experience at our hotel was poor on this occasion.
Beaumont, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After being in London for study abroad, we needed a room for the final 2 nights of our free time. Prices for hotels in central London areas are expensive to say the least. I got this hotel for really cheap, considering, on the secret rates thru Hotwire. The hotel itself was really nice, and clean and service was great. Only problem with the room were the beds weren't the most comfortable, but hey, they weren't that bad. Located really close to the Kensington Olympia stop. WiFi was £15 a night which is really expensive (coming from our free WiFi from our other hotel). Most of the places to eat around the area were Persian places, which is fine, but a little redundant. Hotel isn't too far by bus to Hyde Park or the shopping areas around Harrod's. I think the hotel was a fair price for what I got it for thru Hotwire, but NOT worth the price listed on the hotels website.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I was very pleased to read that you found the Hotel, cleanliness and service met with your needs and that we were able to look after you during your stay.

We are conveniently located on High Street Kensington and I am happy you found that the transport connections easy and the commute to popular tourist attraction quick and fast.

The Wi-Fi is free in the Lobby and all public areas and I apologise that you were dissatisfied with the cost of the in room Wi-Fi.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We checked in for three nights in this convenient London hotel as part of our week in the UK. Immediately after entering our 85 degree Fahrenheit room, I returned to the desk to ask about the AC. They simply suggested it had been warm in London for June, and to turn the AC down, and it will cool itself. It was late. We wanted to get to sleep, so we did.

After a couple of hours it was still over 80 degrees so we opened e window for cooling. Of course, it ended up raining and everything in our suitcase near he window got wet.

In the morning I politely shared this with the front desk again who apologized, wrote it down, and said she would have an engineer correct the issue before our return.

We had a full day, returned to the room at about 1030 PM. Not only was the room stifling warm again, the room was in the exact same shape we left it that morning. No maid service.

I called down the the front desk and explained both issues. She called back in a few minutes offering to change our room and said the porter would be up immediately to bring a key and help move the luggage. 5 minutes. 10 minutes. 15 minutes. 20. All waiting in the toasty rooms ( an uncomfortable toasty). I called back down to the desk. She said "oh he hasn't been there? I'll find him right away". 9-10 minutes later she knocks on the door with the new key explaining that he would be right up and to leave my bags there.

The new room was cool.

On our last morning we had coffee in the Costa Coffee Shop in heir lobby. One of our party of four was seated at all times. We heard commotion from two tables behind us that some of their bags were missing (2 different parties). We looked at ours to find that our camera bag tucked at underneath the table was also missing. The coffee shop employee as she was tending to the 3 orphaned us said "this happens a lot here". The hotel manager on duty came over but only offered to call the police to make a report. She apologized as well. There is a security camera there and we asked to see the footage. We were told this was only available to the police "if they cared to do so".

After conversations with the hotel they said the shop was part of their property and concern, but proactively offered nothing to any of us. After the police report was taken, we shared the story of our entire stay and asked what they could do. After all, this was a higher-end Nikon SLR and two lenses, plus bags from two other guests taken in their shop (nearly $3000 US) We hoped at least they'd comp a night' if not our stay with some sort of concern. Nothing but about a £50 return on our 2 rooms for 3 nights £139/night stay. Disappointing.

It appears this happens enough there (concierge said the same) that they forget the anguish of the guests when thieves operate on their property. No real concern other than keeping us out listening range of other guests.

The AC issues, no maid service, slow recovery would be enough for me NOT to recommend this hotel. Add the thieves working the guests...you should stay away too. At least compensate the guest out of concern vs reciting that "the hotel is not responsible".

And at a HILTON to boot. Sad.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelsAlot34655
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
I have read with great concern your review and comments of your recent stay.

I have shared the concerns you raised regarding the AC and reporting methods with the Management team and we will investigate the matter to full completion.

We did experience some delightful summer’s weather and I apologise that we were unable to resolve your reported issue swiftly and to satisfaction.I am pleased that when they rectified the matter that you found the new room met with your needs and expectations.

I am sorry that you suffered a person loss and that you were targeted by an opportunistic individual. We work very closely with the Metropolitan Police and in the rare event that a crime has taken place it is fully logged, the CCTV recorded and the incident handed over to our Local police force.

We are unable to share the CCTV images/video with a member of the public as this would be a direct breach of Data Protection and I trust you understand why the Manager was unable to share these with you.

We have a manager on duty 24/7 and they would be more than happy to assist our guests during their stay to ensure that all issues addressed is rectified and correctly logged

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your comments and feedback
Lancashire
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked this hotel by using Expedia's facility of booking a hotel at a reduced price by not knowing its name until you book and pay - we really landed on our feet with Hilton London Olympia. Hotel rooms good for a city hotel, clean and beds very very comfy. Breakfast well worth paying for - we got offered vouchers at £12 each when we checked in -- the dining room is bright and modern and the breakfast very fresh and continually replenished with new fresh food. From the outside the hotel does look tired and unappealing - inside it is different - bar and restaurant excellent as is Reception area - if you wanted to be very picky new carpets would be nice but that would be being picky. Staff all very friendly and we arrived at 11am and asked if we could leave the bags as check in normally from 3pm - however they allowed us to check in straight away which was a great help and very much appreciated. Good location to get out and about - great bus stop just around the corner which allows you to get a bus to Westfield Shepherds Bush in 5 minutes. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
I am delighted that you were pleased with your stay and that we were able to meet your expectations on this stay and that we were able to offer you an early check in on the day

We are conveniently located on High street Kensington and are well connected with Central London via rail and road

We serve an English and Continental Breakfast with almost 80 items to choose from and I am happy that you enjoyed the quality and variety on offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future