Hilton London Olympia
Doubletree
US$330
US$244
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$371
US$353
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$121
2,843 results
All reviewskensington high streetthe executive loungecosta coffeeearls courttube stationbus stophyde parkhammersmith
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Lovely hotel, helpful staff & large, clean room, which was very quiet given that we were facing the main road. If there is an offer on don't hesitate! Convenient location too. There was a long queue to check in, that was the only gripe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for the review and for taking the time to write to us.

I am pleased that the hotel met with your expectations and that you found the team helpful and the room large and clean room.

We apologise that on this occasion we took a bit longer to check in you in, rest assured that your feedback helps us to monitor and improve our customer services for the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

WOuld stay again as got a really good deal. Very handy to the train station. bar a bit too pricy for my liking, £12.50 for a glass of wine, other than that I would recommend. Room was lovely and comfortable. Also very clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the stay and that you would return and visit us again.

I have shared your feedback with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us

Reviewed 4 July 2014

After reading reviews on here regarding this hotel i was a bit concerned at what i had booked. The hotel lobby area is nice and it didn't take that long to check in. The room i had was on the 7th floor with air con but it was very hot in London so it was warm in the bedroom. All in all it was a pleasant stay, I'm not sure i could of coped longer in the heat however that's not the hotels fault. If you're not into walking then catch a cab from the tube station, it is quite a walk considering a number of hotels in London are right next to tube stops. Beware, the tube doesn't stop at Olympia regularly (usually only weekends and special events) However West Kensigton and Hammersmith are a 15 minute walk away (a brisk walk).

Room Tip: Plan your route to the hotel if you are using public transport, Hammersmith & West Kensington are the easier routes to the hotel, Earls Court seems a bit further.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Darren I
RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the stay and that you found the commute easy and convenient

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Overall our stay was fine. However, on Saturday night our experience in the bar was extremely bad. Staff were rude and indiscrete, and offered insincere apologies. On taking the matter to the duty manager at reception the attitude was no better, the gentleman (and I use the term loosely) on reception couldn't have cared less.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonia M

Thank you for your feedback which certainly helps us to monitor and improve our customer services for the future.

I was sorry to read that you found the team lacking empathy and have address this with them

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I will start by saying that I am from the US and a Hilton loyal. I have stayed at this hotel at least 6 times over the past 6 years and there is always something not right. Whether it be having to call down for a roll of toilet paper because housekeeping left half a roll without a replacement or leaving dirty glasses in the room and not replacing them with clean, or not refilling the coffee supplies. It's always something. I will also add that all of the rooms do not have air conditioning. This last visit I was in room 864 which was a smoking room, so I was pleased that I was able to find a hotel that did allow smoking. However, there are "blowers" which are the equivalent in the US as using the vent in your car which uses the outside air to cool the room. It just never gets cool enough. I thought that it was only the smoking rooms that had this, until one of my colleagues who was also on the 8th floor, but in a different wing and in a non smoking room, told me that he didn't have AC either. While I understand that most of the time the temperaure is mild in London, I am always there in the months of June, July or August and believe it or not, it can be quite hot and muggy. On top of that, the windows only swing open a pinch. If you do stay here, be sure to ask if the room is air conditioned. So why have I stayed there so many times? Because it is just 2 blocks from the Olympia Grand Hall which hosts a conference each year, which I attend. It's out of convenience. On a positive note, the staff is very nice and accomodating. Each time that I called down to complain about the missing/unclean items, someone was sent up immediately. I just don't feel that I should have had to have made those calls. Cheers!

Room Tip: When you check in request a room with AC. When you get to the room check for a thermostat that tells you what temperature the room is. If there is no thermostat, request a different room that does have one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lori W

Please accept my apologies that you have experienced multiple problems during your stays and that we have been unable to make it right on these occasions.

I have shared your comments and feedback with the respective departments and we will be addressing the reported issues to ensure we rectify the problems you experienced.

Your feedback helps us monitor and improve the services we deliver we look forward to welcoming you back soon