Passing through London on my birthday I decided to treat myself to a hotel and as a Hiltonhonors member I naturally chose a Hilton Hotel. However, it would seem I chose the wrong one. The rooms are grim. Dark brown decor, stained carpets and tired dark brown wood furniture. My booked room was like a prison cell-very depressing! In fairness, the excellent Hilton staff did everything they could to find me another room, even offering me an upgrade. However, the executive rooms are just as grim (the bed is merely bigger) and I opted for a disabled room that at least had a large picture window to alleviate the sense of gloom on what was supposed to be my birthday. This room however was pretty noisy at night as it overlooked the main road. I have a few other issues with Hilton. Last time I used a Hilton they provided complimentary bottles of water. Now, they have a sinister computerized tray that charges bottled water to your account even if you just knock the bottle over. And forget about chilling your own water. The mini bar is locked and you have to ask the front desk to unlock it and I assume that this is also computerized as it look like a vending machine. I understand the neglect of the hotel. The clientele are mainly third world flight crew and budget tour groups. Fair enough. But Hilton marketed it as a massive reduction on a pretty high rack rate. So my expectations were high. Essentially, even at sale price it was over-priced, even for London. Other chains (a certain French brand) offer complete refunds if customer dissatisfaction is not resolved and I intend to cut-up my Hiltonhonors card and use these other hotel chains in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton London Olympia hotel on bustling Kensington High Street, 2 minute' walk from Olympia Exhibition Centre, 10-15 minutes from Earl's Court Exhibition Centre and Westfield London Shopping Centre. Try our quintessentially British menu in our fabulous interior designed Society Restaurant inspired by the Victorian era or relex and enjoy our delicious cocktails and nibbles in Society Bar. Do business in one of our 10 newly refurbished meeting rooms, unwind in the fitness centre, or enjoy our COSTA coffee shop. Heathrow airport is 14 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton London Olympia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Olympia Hotel London
- Hilton Olympia London
- London Hilton Olympia Hotel