“If you like 70s style furnishings and a self help attitude”

Hilton London Olympia
Ranked #680 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“If you like 70s style furnishings and a self help attitude”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We booked at the Hilton Olympia for our anniversary and a show. We asked prior to the arrival for an upgrade an an exec room which we would pay for. We also asked for champaigne in our room upon arrival. None of these requests were met or achieved. The room decor is very old fashioned with 70s style furniture and old couches with stains. Not what I would have expected from a Hilton

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

BarbaraMatheson, General Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for you review, please accept my sincere apologies that we did not deliver on your requests on this occasion. We will certainly use your feedback to make improvements for the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Enjoyed my stay. Our requirement are; clean, comfortable, shower. When traveling, not much time is spent in the room so we're not too picky. Went at an unusually hot time (as is happening more often, everywhere), so not much ventilation. Damp towels stayed damp throughout (I don't accept room service). Buffet b'fast was out-standing! I would go there for that alone. Hotel didn't provide mapping, just hand written directions when asked. After visiting Europe (that would include anywhere on Earth), it would have been nice to have a basic Hotel generated map of closest Metro stops, close shopping available, food sources. Without walking aimlessly, which is very time consuming, Hotels should tell us everything available within a 15 min. walk. I think we missed a whole bunch of stuff that may have been around the corner.

That said, there are no (or rare) street signs in London. All those beautiful Google Maps are almost useless in reality. Hotels need to step up a bit to help. BTW, don't pick up that can of Pringles in the room to look at how England displays Nutritional Value, . . . you just bought it (computer activated).

Room Tip: Free WiFi in the Lobby and Restaurant.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your feedback.
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 2 August 2014

everything was perfect, as soon as we walked in we were greeted as guest, we immediately felt at home. The room was nice and quite big, the breakfast was excellent (quality and variety of food), the location convenient to visit the city. We will come back for sure!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel and sharing your lovely experience, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

As a Hilton Diamond member who stays with them weekly, this is definitely is one of the lesser Hilton hotels. It's conveniently located but in need of some serious modernisation. You need to walk to high street Kensington station as the Olympia isn't open that often. Doesn't bother me as I enjoy the stroll but some may be fooled into thinking it is right next door. Gym is terrible. Too expensive so would only stay if you get it on an offer or a reduced rate. Rated poor as I have higher expectations for a Hilton in London.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, it is only through such valuable feedback that we can monitor and improve our facilities for the future.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Wales
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Passing through London on my birthday I decided to treat myself to a hotel and as a Hiltonhonors member I naturally chose a Hilton Hotel. However, it would seem I chose the wrong one. The rooms are grim. Dark brown decor, stained carpets and tired dark brown wood furniture. My booked room was like a prison cell-very depressing! In fairness, the excellent Hilton staff did everything they could to find me another room, even offering me an upgrade. However, the executive rooms are just as grim (the bed is merely bigger) and I opted for a disabled room that at least had a large picture window to alleviate the sense of gloom on what was supposed to be my birthday. This room however was pretty noisy at night as it overlooked the main road. I have a few other issues with Hilton. Last time I used a Hilton they provided complimentary bottles of water. Now, they have a sinister computerized tray that charges bottled water to your account even if you just knock the bottle over. And forget about chilling your own water. The mini bar is locked and you have to ask the front desk to unlock it and I assume that this is also computerized as it look like a vending machine. I understand the neglect of the hotel. The clientele are mainly third world flight crew and budget tour groups. Fair enough. But Hilton marketed it as a massive reduction on a pretty high rack rate. So my expectations were high. Essentially, even at sale price it was over-priced, even for London. Other chains (a certain French brand) offer complete refunds if customer dissatisfaction is not resolved and I intend to cut-up my Hiltonhonors card and use these other hotel chains in future.

Room Tip: Book another hotel! There are not good rooms, I was shown a selection at different budget levels
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank CelestiaWales
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor, I was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
NZ
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here one night, and chose it because we were leaving early the following morning on a European tour which picked us up at the door. The problem is that the price and the place do not match up. It was very expensive yet the fit out of the rooms and the place as a whole is very average. Breakfast was included but turned out to be a few things in a paper bag. For the price a waiter should have served us on a silver tray. Worst of all when we tried to check in we were told the room wasn't ready and we were asked to wait for a while (this was at 6pm!). I have travelled extensively and understand that you get what you pay for - in this case we did not.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank go_to_oz
Thank you for your review, I was disappointed to read that you felt your experience was poor on this occasion. We do offer an extensive breakfast, available from 6.30am daily, alternatively room service breakfast can be dilvered to your room from 5.30am.
Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Those expecting this to be the same as your other Hilton experiences, think twice. Hotel is very dated and really needs a overhaul. Not the type of quality you would expect from Hilton. The staff being excellent was the only upside to this stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo