“Not Hilton Standards”

Hilton London Olympia
Ranked #658 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Not Hilton Standards”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Checking to the hotel was fine was given my handicapped room as request by Caroline with smiles. The night manager has to be the rudest person I've ever met. I had inquired about the way liquor was serve to the room pre poured I'm used to getting the little bottles so I asked them about that. This was at 5 am she called back 6 am to start fighting. 6AM WHO DOES THAT. Don't remember her name but it was the asian overnight manager. I think her name Vanessa can't recall. The next day I go shower and need to sit but can't because the handicap seat was ripped and had mold on it . Should I call downstairs to management and risked getting yelled at again. So I did nt even bother. Put 2 towels on top of the seat. Don't you check the rooms before you give them to handicapped people. Totally unacceptable. Another problem I had I was charge for phone calls and room service I made 4 days before I even checkout on my debit card without my authorization. I knew it was the night manager because it was minutes are I spoke on the phone to her. I have no problem paying for what services I used. But I put these expenses on my business credit card at CHECK OUT. Which is the way every hotel I've been at does. After speaking to the day manager a tall gentlemen and Heather explaining to them I never authorize these charges to this card and had 5 of my checks bounced. I explain the condition of the hotel bathroom and showed them picture of it and the charges that were taken out of my bank account. He also agreed that this is payed for at check out and that the condition of bathroom was unacceptable I have to look into this. The next day he offered my last night stay free. Which was nice of him. But my whole vacation had already had so many problem this didn't help my remaining time at the hotel. On top of this it was my first time walking in 2 yrs. This is suppose to be a HILTON. This hotel give hilton a bad name. The decor needs renovations as well. SAVING grace was the day management and the receptionist I dealt with Caroline. But they can only do so much. I understand why the other manager works at night. Would not recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dnice29
BarbaraMatheson, General Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Please accept my apologies and thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. This certainly helps us to monitor and improve our standards. I do hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to show you our true service standards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed in a standard room for a weekend. Room was shabby, windows overlooked another wall, no ictures on walls, and little room to swing a mouse, never mind a cat.
Lifts were slow and creaky, and tv had a mind of its own, switching channels without the remote being near anyone.
The break on the 1st floor area was tired and rather bland, with too small an area allocated for food dispay per hotel guest, making it a scrabble to pick up an item over all the other elbows being poked about, with most food being either cold or luke warm. Coffee was an adventure as getting the staff to refill being almost as difficult as understanding semiphore in a thick fog, you can see the arms moving, but you are ignored.
At checkout we came to pay, but there was confusion around some of the money, and although we paid cash for the car park / incidentals, no receipt was given, and I am not sure this went into the register as the cashier did not understand english very well (well thats what she told us anyway).
Its shabby, staff are mostly training to understand english, and rather over crowded.
Compared with other Hiltons, I would give this 1 out of 10.

Room Tip: Car park is expensive, staff cannot understand english, and far to many guests for a decent stay. Av...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CocktailsAtRaffles
BarbaraMatheson, General Manager at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your personal feedback.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed for the one night for Secret Cinema's opening night which ended up cancelling on us 90 minutes beforehand but we'll not o there - the room was nice - shower was great - didn't like the fact that there was little tubs of pringles on display (that are chargeable as soon as you pick them up by the way but if you put them back within the timer, you get away with it) that currently cost 55p in ASDA - Hilton price - £3!! Ouch!!

I did like the fact that we got a call to make sure everything was ok with our room though and the little souvenir shop was nice......a litte far from places though....not sure we'd stay again....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. I was plased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is only a 20 minute bus ride from central London on either the No9 or No10 buses available just 50 yrds from the hotel.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Really good to stay - stayed here for one night on a business trip. I just wanted to point out Dana from reception she just "made my day" not in every hotel you can see so positive workers like here. In total would stay here again.

Room Tip: Need to ask for the room witch is not pointing to the main street
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your lovely comments about Dana and the hotel, and for sharing your great experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at this Hilton Hotel at the end of July 2014. Having booked it 8 weeks or so in advance, so i got a great rate on the room for a full week. I thought with the price i paid it was room only, but found out when i checked in it was inc of breakfast.

Reception, Lobby and restaurant are all in top quality condition like you would expect from a Hilton Hotel especially a London one.

Lifts, hallways and rooms do look a little tired and could do with some redecoration in places, there was a cracked tile in the bathroom (floor but not where you would walk) and the marble surround on the sink was broken and a piece missing.

Room - there was a lot of traffic noise even with window closed and also if the room above/next to ran the taps the pipes made one hell of a noise which was annoying when trying to have a lie in. Only 2 plug sockets, charging phone and tablet at night is quite a given nowadays but staying in the room as a couple meant there were sacrifices on plugging in gadgets. Room was cleaned every day with fresh bedding and towels provided if required.

Breakfast was like a food factory, some care should be taken with cutlery and crockery by the staff as there was a dirty cup on my table every morning for the whole week and i had to ask for it to be changed every morning. Breakfast was okay a great selection, quite busy with guests but the food just kept coming and coming on the buffet.

I always used the olympia overground station which is 5 minutes away to get in to city centre, often changing at shepherds bush. Trains were nice and regular and never really that packed even when travelling between 7am-9am or 4pm-7pm.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room away from the front of the hotel as traffic noise was quite bad.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback which certainly helps us to monitor and improve our facilities for the future. I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have spend 1 night here with my fiance and we loved it. Right next to the Olympia station with just a short walk away from Kensignton High Street with lovely shops and restaurants. We went down to the Restaurant which was very good. Friendly and proffesional staff, had a great steak in a nice and welcoming atmosphere. We where given a nice room on the top floor. The Executive lounge was very cosy and warm. I would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments on Tripadvisor. Great to read that you had such an enjoyable experience, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We booked at the Hilton Olympia for our anniversary and a show. We asked prior to the arrival for an upgrade an an exec room which we would pay for. We also asked for champaigne in our room upon arrival. None of these requests were met or achieved. The room decor is very old fashioned with 70s style furniture and old couches with stains. Not what I would have expected from a Hilton

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for you review, please accept my sincere apologies that we did not deliver on your requests on this occasion. We will certainly use your feedback to make improvements for the future.