This hotel is definitely worth staying in. My only complaint (and it is one I have seen in reviews about this hotel before) is that my early morning arrival request was ignored (they also in fact had me booked for one night short but sorted that out). Actually, another complaint is the exorbitant price of their wifi. What hotel in 2013 charges wifi these days? You can, however, go around the corner to almost every coffee shop/restaurant and find it for free so unless you have to have it in the hotel, avoid paying their rate (currently 5 pounds an hour).
Other than this, I found my room more than sufficient...the bathroom, while compact, had an excellent shower (a must for me) and it was generally very quiet. When you book, however, ask for a room away from the lifts as the door banging when early people leave will wake you.
About my only negative of the room is that there is not a safe which I think is a must in a hotel, especially in an international city like London.
The breakfast is excellent and really great value. I didn't eat other meals in the restaurant but did have a few snacks and coffee's in their cafe on the ground floor and it was also very nice.
Another great thing is the location - the Gloucester Road tube is literally behind the hotel and there are a constant stream of cabs at the hotel if you prefer to go via cab. I never had to wait once. In addition, so many fabulous places are within walking distance (shops, Hyde Park, restaurants, etc. etc.) making it really worth staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect option for business or leisure the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum sets the standard for hotels in Kensington. Stroll to Gloucester Road Tube Station, your gateway to the sights of the city. Enjoy the hotel s close proximity to Harrod's, the Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres, the Natural History, Science and V&A Museums and Kensington Palace. As the tallest Holiday Inn Hotel in Europe, our 27-floor and 906 bedroom hotel offers modern bedrooms with stunning views of London from our higher floors. The hotel also offers a choice of suites and accessible rooms (one with hoist). All rooms are equipped with high speed Internet and Wi-Fi connectivity is available in the public areas. The hotel's carpark has 76 spaces and there is a 24-hour fitness room. Holiday Inn Kensington Forum offers its guests a choice of three restaurant and bars whether you want to relax with dinner, grab a quick snack or enjoy a pint of traditional British beer. The Academy offers 13 meeting and event rooms for up to 300 people, all with natural daylight, high-speed Internet and unlimited Starbucks tea and coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Kensington Forum
- London Holiday Inn