This is a massive hotel right in the heart of Kensington, just a few metres away from one of the best connected tube stations, Glocester Road. Unfortunately the Picadilly line is closed at the moment, but this is one of the few stations that has three different lines running through it so you can get all the way from Heathrow directly to the hotel which is just around the corner. Hyde park and the museums are a very short stroll away.
The Hotel is clean and has all the amenities, but I was in a "standard" room and it is very basic, no frills. The room was large enough and the bathroom was fine, but there was no liquid soap, just shampoo. I think there are some tacky things like the cable which ties the iron to the ironing board (!!) which makes filling the iron quite ridiculous. The fridge is not stocked (which suited me fine because I had groceries to keep fresh). Wifi was not free at that stage (I think it is free now) and it was over priced. I was there during the Soccer World Cup and discovered that there were no sports channels on the TV in the room, which forced one to go to the pub downstairs but that did not open till much later in the day, so one has to walk the streets looking for a pub with a sports channel!
The pub downstairs was nothing to get excited about, really ordinary food. There are several airline crews who stay at the hotel and when they arrive the queue for the lifts is enormous (which is when I preferred to use the pub....)
I would probably stay here again but would probably upgrade to a better room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect option for business or leisure the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum sets the standard for hotels in Kensington. Stroll to Gloucester Road Tube Station, your gateway to the sights of the city. Enjoy the hotel s close proximity to Harrod's, the Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres, the Natural History, Science and V&A Museums and Kensington Palace. As the tallest Holiday Inn Hotel in Europe, our 27-floor and 906 bedroom hotel offers modern bedrooms with stunning views of London from our higher floors. The hotel also offers a choice of suites and accessible rooms (one with hoist). All rooms are equipped with high speed Internet and Wi-Fi connectivity is available in the public areas. The hotel's carpark has 76 spaces and there is a 24-hour fitness room. Holiday Inn Kensington Forum offers its guests a choice of three restaurant and bars whether you want to relax with dinner, grab a quick snack or enjoy a pint of traditional British beer. The Academy offers 13 meeting and event rooms for up to 300 people, all with natural daylight, high-speed Internet and unlimited Starbucks tea and coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Kensington Forum
- London Holiday Inn