“Great night out, superb cocktails, tasty food and lovely ambience!”
Review of Blakes Hotel

Blakes Hotel
Ranked #404 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My partner and I had an extremely enjoyable evening at Blakes restaurant this week. We started off in the bar with our great, hospitable barman Lukas. He had a number of signature cocktails that we joyfully indulged in. He has taken great care in developing drinks to pleasure the senses! We had some tasty bar snacks and then moved through to the restaurant for a delicious three course meal.
We will definitely be returning to this restaurant due to the very friendly, professional staff and the high quality of both the cocktail and food menus.

1  Thank Mysticone2014
BlakesHotel, Owner at Blakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Mysticone2014,

Thank you for your feedback on your dinner that you enjoyed with us recently. We would be most delighted to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at Blake's hotel for our wedding anniversary this weekend and we loved it. We booked a Director's Double for just one night and our room was chosen with great care by the lovely Maeva who was kind enough to email us photos of the rooms so we could choose our favourite. She was also there to welcome us when we arrived and had put roses and chocolate strawberries in our room as an extra anniversary surprise.

Our room was beautiful with a little balcony overlooking the garden below and oozed charm and character. The bathroom was lovely and spacious with plenty of luxurious toiletries.

We had cocktails in the bar followed by an amazing dinner in the hotel restaurant. We were looked after by Andres, who advised us to dispense with our menus and trust in his judgement. He got everything spot on and proceeded to dazzle us with the best of the signature dishes which were all memorable and delicious and we'll definitely return for the tuna sashimi and foie gras tortellini. Thank you Andres for a fantastic evening!

Service in general was absolutely faultless both in the restaurant and in the hotel. Room service was speedy, in fact the tea we ordered on leaving our dinner was already waiting for us in our candlelit room. A perfect end to the evening.

The staff were all charming, efficient and attentive without ever being intrusive. Thank you especially to Maeva who made sure every aspect of our stay was perfect and did it all with a smile.

Why only 4 stars? The only downside was the price of the drinks - at £10 for a glass of house wine and £17.50 for a cocktail we felt this was a bit on the steep side. Not so the dinner, which while expensive, was absolutely worth every penny with the freshest ingredients, cooked to perfection. So, 4 stars for bar prices, 5 stars for dinner and I wish we could award 6 stars for service - they deserve at least that. Thank you for a very special stay.

Room Tip: Ask for advice from the reservation manager and you won't be disappointed.
2  Thank happykampa

Dear Happykampa,

Thank you for choosing Blakes to celebrate your special anniversary. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your special day along with the feedback you have shared with us. We will always take the necessary steps to ensure your satisfaction is exceeded, that is our aim. Our restaurant menu changes seasonally, hence we hope to welcome you to Blakes again soon to try our Winter seasonal dishes.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My family and I were recently in London for my daughter's wedding. Our wedding and celebration experience was enhanced to an entirely new level with many Thanks to the entire staff at Blakes. Sacha, marketing coordinator, helped my daughter plan the entire wedding dinner, breakfast and stay for our entire wedding guests at Blakes. We had the most delicious meal imaginable prepared by Chef Peter. At our request, he came to the Chinese Room to meet our guests. Not only was the food delicious, 'presentation' of each course was immaculate. Marzena, Restaurant Supervisor, was superior at organizing everything concerning our wedding meal. The entire wedding party and guests stayed at Blakes Hotel. What an amazingly gorgeous and elegant place for a wedding night. We shared a wonderful wedding celebration, meal and the best place to stay in London! The day could not have been more Perfect!!! Thank you Blakes for making this wedding celebration one that will be remembered always! You ALL went above and beyond to make this day the most memorable! Will most definitely stay at Blakes Hotel again next trip to London. Overall highest and most excellent reviews from this family!!!

NancyLouOK

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank NancyLouOK
BlakesHotel, Owner at Blakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear NancyLouOK,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience with us at Blakes. I am very pleased your daughter’s wedding dinner, celebration and the entire stay went well.

The whole team worked hard to ensure your satisfaction was met and everything went smoothly on this very special day. I am glad to hear your expectations were not just met, but in deed exceeded.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you and your family back to Blakes soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I normally don't take the time to write reviews but absolutely feel compelled to for this stay.
The hotel provided us with an incredible experience. Katharina, at the front desk, single handedly made our stay unforgettable. From theater tickets to recommendations for dining the service was top notch.
The room was a directors double and was a fantastic experience alone! I highly recommend you check the pictures.
The atmosphere at the bar downstairs was perfect for a late night cocktail and I have never seen a bartender put so much art into his work. If you go, you will know what I'm talking about.

It is my absolute pleasure writing this review. We like the hotel so much, we will be bringing our family of 7 back next year.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Dave R

Dear Dave R,

Thank you for choosing Blakes for your recent stay in London and for taking time to send your feedback. I am pleased that we have exceeded your expectations and you loved your stay, especially the service provided by our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Blakes soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Loved this hotel. Very small room excellent for one, too small for two - a "parisian room" very carefully put together with light and character. Excellent location, close to shops, homes and great for walking along Fulham Road and into South Ken. A wonderful place for afternoon tea in the back garden. Be sure to reserve a place. Plenty of food to qualify for an early dinner.
I loved the area because I know London well and didn't want to be on a busy street where it was difficult to sleep. I didn't eat breakfast there so cannot comment. I would give it 5 stars, but it really is a bit pricey even if booked online, but if going for business again I would stay here for sure.
Wonderful service. I arrived from an overnight flight and they let me into my room at 11:30 AM which is really unusual, but GREATLY appreciated.

Room Tip: Parisian room is suitable for one person only. Lovely and quiet and bright.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LoriPK
BlakesHotel, Owner at Blakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear LoriPK,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I was pleased to learn you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and provided your feedback highlighting many aspects that you loved. Our Parisian rooms are advertised as a single room and to be used for one person due to the name of the category being “Parisian Single” we are sorry for any misunderstanding on our behalf. Whenever possible we grant access to your room as early as we can, however this is purely based on the availability. I am glad your room was ready when you arrived and you were able to relax after your long journey right away. I would like to thank you for your feedback again and hope to welcome you to Blakes in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Hotel was situated some what a distance from city centre in a calm area of London. Friendly staff. Dimly lit hotel – also the rooms, created a nice mood but also became inconvenient. The lobby area was quite compact with a rather small elevator. Nice breakfast with tasty scrambled eggs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Hannes O,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am pleased you were satisfied with the service and breakfast.

We are quite a unique property in terms of design, service and general offering. Blakes hotel offers a unique experience which uses design and atmosphere to create an incomparable experience. In reference to the lighting of the hotel, the light is purposely dimmed to bring that extra romance and a special ambience. In case that this does not suit you, many rooms have light features with dimmers, which you can use to increase the brightness of the light to your liking. Each room is individually designed, if you prefer to stay in a bright, well lit room with light furnishings, kindly add this to your reservation request for future and we will certainly do our utmost to accommodate your request. Our priority is for you to enjoy your stay.

Thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I spent a night at Blakes in early July and were blown away by the location and service. The staff went above and beyond our expectations, not only arranging for our luggage to be shipped Internationally, but also ensuring that an item we had left behind was immediately forwarded. Zak, the Resident Manager, is phenomenal. The hotel is nestled in a hip neighborhood and is overall a really special place to stay. Can't wait to visit again!

Dear MVonderheide,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us at Blakes. I was delighted to hear we have exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased that you were well looked after during your stay and after. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Blakes soon!