“Great location, accommodation good.”

Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #471 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Situated just off Kensington High Street this is a great location to use as a base in London. The superior rooms are spacious, bathrooms well supplied, and the bed was comfortable. The hospitality tray is a bit mean on its provisions, 2 tea bags and 4 sachets of coffee for each 24 hours. WiFi is charged at £10 per day which is nothing short of scandalous. I can travel all around the world and obtain free WiFi in hotels, but in the UK we still charge for it. What a nonsense

2  Thank CumbriaChevalier
Shahida S, PA to Cluster General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sending in your feedback. I am very happy to read you were happy with your room allocation all to your comfort, with special note you enjoyed the location of the hotel as a base suitable to your needs. Our Management Team have taken note of the points you raised and will take follow up action to address each as you mention to review for future improvements, and I apologise for the inconvenience these concerns you have may have caused you during your stay.

I hope you will visit us again in the near future so we can take the opportunity of assuring you of our best attention to your needs and we look forward to welcoming you back

There are newer reviews for Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed 4 nights, offered reduced upgrade which was well worth it. Breakfast enough until evening Room excellent, staff so friendly and efficient. Good location on Kensington High Street and Kensington Palace, Albert Hall, British Museums, Victoria and Albert Museum and walk across beautiful Hyde Park to the centre of the city. All in all a very relaxing place to stay.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a Club Room which gave breakfast and evening drinks free, try to get a deal on these...
6  Thank Diddums M

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback following your 4 night stay at the Copthorne Tara Hotel. I am very pleased to see our excellent services and facilities in and around the hotel was to your expectation to have a relaxing stay and as you call it “TOP COP”. Management and Staff received your positive comments with much appreciation.

I trust you will be returning to stay with us on your next travels to London and we wish to take the opportunity to welcome you back to the Copthorne Tara Hotel.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Excellent hotel for people with disabilities. Very close to Royal Albert Hotel, Kensington gardens and palace. Just 500 yards from all the shops including Barkers etc Have had many short breaks here especially when going to concerts.

Room Tip: Book adapted hotels thru Tourism for All
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Speedydize
Shahida S, PA to Cluster General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback following your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara Hotel, in particular you mention of our excellent facilities we provide to accommodate people with disability needs. I have shared your review with our Management and Staff Teams and your compliments are well received. Your review motivates us as it makes us aware that we are successful maintaining the level of standard that is expected for our guests comfort, and well worth all the efforts we strive for daily.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay especially with the convenient location of the hotel to visit all the interesting places you enjoy going out to.

I am sure you will be visiting us again in the near future and wish to take the opportunity of welcoming you back and assure you of our best attention to your needs.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend in London, it's just around the corner from Kensington High Street Station and proved to be an amazing base!
We shared a room which was very clean, well equipped and comfortable.
All staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Carly G

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed our services, in particular the great location of the hotel as this is a good base to visit interesting places in the London area and the excellent services and quality standard of facilities we provided in the room and hotel area, as you mention well equipped and comfortable all to your satisfaction. Our Hotel Team are very motivated by your compliments to continue maintaining the high quality standard of services and facilities for our guests comfort to enjoy and leave the hotel feeling good as is in your case.

On this positive note I am sure you will be visiting us again soon, and we wish to extend a warm welcome for you to stay here again when you next visit London.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded from a superior room to a Club room and as I used to stay at this hotel in the 80's, I was well impressed!
Got to the room to find that it still looked 1980's and nothing had changed but for thirty years wear and tear.
I comlpained that there was mould and yeuk all around the single glazed aluminium window.
Paint scuffed off and furniture with venners peeling and in some places, chipboard showing through!
We were moved to another Club room which was slightly better by a Duty Manager who was very apologetic and later sent a compimentary bowl of fruit. The room was slightly better with double glazing that had a big gap at the top of the original outside aluminium glazing and a lot of dirt and muck had penetrated.
Most of the fruit was going rotten and when we pointed this out to another Duty Manager he offered us a free drink! As we do not drink alcohol he simply shrugged his shoulders and gave up on us.
Garbage management. We will not be going back to the Tara ever again.

Room Tip: Don;t go in the first place!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Stansyerman, PA to Cluster General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sending in your feedback following your recent stay. I apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay with the incidents you mention. I am pleased to see once reported our Duty Manager took immediate action to assist and ensure your comforts as best he could at the time, but you were disappointed with the outcome.

Your feedback is valuable and taken seriously as it assists our Our Management Team to review for future improvements of our services and facilities we provide as we continue with our in-house redecoration project that is currently ongoing and we apologise if this project caused inconveniences during your stay. I am sure you can understand the dilemma we have due to the high demand for rooms the project does slow down. We do try to ensure all the rooms are well maintained, clean and comfortable with every intention to please all our guests as best we can whilst we continue with this project.

I hope you will reconsider to stay with us again in the near future to give us the opportunity to share with you the progress we are making and to assure you our best attention to your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you when you next travel to London.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We booked the hotel for a new year getaway and arrived on the 31st December. We had had to book through 2 separate deals as two nights were not available through one source. We arrived at the hotel to be met in the car park by the most amazing member of staff, this level of service then continued at check in (apart from not offering an upgrade that came with the deal and waiting over 25 minutes) we didn't mind however as the member of staff was really nice and welcoming. As you do, I gave my debit card for any additional items we may need/want. One of the deals stated a free upgrade to 'Club' subject to availability. I was not offered this! As I had booked this stay for my family following a tough 2013, I didn't feel it appropriate to challenge this at the time and cause any issues in front of other customers or family. The couple next to me however, were offered (for their full stay of a week) an upgrade to Club at a reduced price of £50 per night rather than £80. No wonder they didn't wish to offer it to guests who had booked deals when the hotel can make more money! I understand this, it is business but don't offer what you are unable to honor. Anyhow, we stayed for the two nights, had a lovely time and had great service in the hotel. Once we arrived home, I noted a few days after that the money taken from my account (40.00, not a lot) had not yet returned to my account. I then emailed 'customer services' to politely ask what the issue was. Within the email, I displayed my disappointment of having to chase up a process that was obviously part of their daily routine and also mentioned the lack of 'upgrade' and this was met with a half hearted reply of 'they are subject to availability'. I had stated, the couple next to me were offered it...this seemed to be ignored! I asked when the deposit money would be returned to me (this was on the 15th Jan in my 3rd email) I was told by the end of the week....22nd today and still no return of my money. I had contemplated staying at the hotel again after the actual service in the hotel was good this however, has led me to a different decision. I have sent numerous emails since this and had no reply. Really sad to see most of the people in the hotel work hard yet aftercare is so poor!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicki B

Dear Guest

Thank you for your detailed feedback and for all the positive information you recommended to all TripAdvisor readers. Our Hotel Team have received your compliments with much appreciation.

I am sorry to read about the shortfall you encountered with our after services which seems to have put a damper on your amazing experience at the hotel. Thank you for making us aware of such a situation and wish to assure you this is not the norm. Our Management Team will investigate this incident and will take appropriate action as necessary so such incidents are not repeated in future.

I wish to welcome you back to Copthorne Tara Hotel to give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our services and to assure you of our best attention to your needs.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here with my 9 year old daughter for 2 nights beginning of January. The main plus points were the location, just at the end of Kensington High St, perfect for the Natural History Museum, Hyde Park etc, all within walking distance. The other was the staff/service. All staff from reception to bar, were helpful and smiling, even the lady in the hotel shop, all lovely. We ate in the bar restaurant, again, excellent service and staff, child friendly with very good value children's meals (the pizza was huge!). The room was fine except for the fact it was roasting! Despite turning the radiator down as low as possible and the fan up, it was still far too hot which meant a good nights sleep was not possible - this is the only reason I graded 4 not 5.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review following your recent 2 night stay with your 9 year old daughter. I am pleased to see your were happy with the location of the hotel suitable to your needs to be able to take your daughter out to all the interesting places around the hotel and London area, also our excellent customer services, quality facilities in the hotel was enjoyed by both to your satisfaction. I apologise for the faulty air con as you mention and it is a pity you did not report this to our Duty Manager to take immediate action to ensure your comforts during your stay. Our Management Team have noted the ait con sitautation and will address and take action to ensure the air cons are maintained and checked regularly prior to guest arrival so as not to inconvenience our guests in future.

However I am pleased that despite this you and your daughter still had a good time and left the hotel feeling good on a memorable stay.

I am sure we can expect you back in the near future and wish to extend a warm welcome to you and your family when you next visit London.