“My stay July 8-11, 2014”

Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #469 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Miami, United States
“My stay July 8-11, 2014”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Location is just a 5 minute walk from the tube, close to a nice Boots, and High Street Kensington making it very practical for shopping, wonderful supermarket, etc. Reception staff, concierge, porters all very pleasant and professional. Bar / restaurant good professional and pleasant staff, very good breakfast.
Rooms are nice, wi-fi pay a 24-hour usage fee but worth it because the 24 hours mean usage time no per day when you are not using it.
I plan to use this property more often, this was my first time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you or sharing your experiences with all travellers to London on your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara Hotel. I am please to see the location of the hotel is convenient to your needs to visit intersting pleaces in the area, our staff provided excellent services pleasant and professional and the facilities in and around the hotel to your satisfaction adding to an overall positive comfortable stay.

Thank you too for your recommendations that our hotel is a good choice for London travellers and that you plan to use our property more often in the future.

On this positive note we wish to take the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next planned trip to London.

Yours sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,403)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Everything is ok without anything being exceptional, it's a big hotel so if you time it wrong check in or out can take a while and the rooms whilst clean feel a little dated. breakfast was plentiful but not of the highest quality.

It's helpful that the hotel has reasonably priced parking given it's location but I could foresee this being full as there dies not seem to be a booking system.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank David H
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review which is important and valuable especially whilst we are currently working on in-house redecoration. Your feedback assists our Management Team to review and take follow up action for future improvements for our guest comforts. I am please overall you had a comfortable stay and I am sure we can expect you back again soon.

We wish to take the opportunity of welcoming you back when you next travel to London.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I'm a regular visitor to the hotel with about twenty stay's there in the past three years. From check -in to check out I've always been treated with courtesy. The rooms are great, the food in the restaurants is top quality, the breakfast is particularly good and the bar is bustling with the sort of atmosphere you'd expect in a capital city.

In terms of locality, the hotel is perfectly positioned. If you prefer not to drive then it's not a problem as it's only a two minute walk from the tube station and in fact it's only a short journey from Euston station.

It's a top quality hotel with an awful lot to reccomend it. I really don't think you can fault the place.
I will be going back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank mike h
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to see as a regular guest we have consistently maintained our high quality services on each of your stays with no fault. This is very motivating for our Hotel Team as they welcomed your compliments with grateful thanks that their efforts are appreciated and noticed and all look forward to hosting you again soon.

Your recommendations too all travellers that we are a top quality hotel is welcomed by us all and thank you for your support over the years.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Copthorne Tara Hotel and future continued support

New York
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Overall, we did not have a very good experience at the Copthorne Tara. One of the problems was customer service, while once in awhile people were helpful (and particular praise should go to one manager named Curtis) we experienced a number of problems that we shouldn't have had to deal with. While the staff overall sounded pleasant, the execution wasn't there. Our family was in two rooms, and both of us had regular early morning phone calls that woke us up. There was no reason for these call and we don't know why they kept coming. We ended up disconnecting the phones. When we checked in, after being given four different sets of keys to one of the rooms, all of which didn't work, one of the managers, who was helpful, had to let is in. Sometime the concierge was there, sometimes not; sometimes the bellman was there to help get us taxi, sometimes not. Also, we struggled to get a wifi signal and often had to go to the lobby to check emails. Lastly, the hotel was located pretty far West, and at least for people who want to do some sightseeing, I would recommend a more centrally located hotel.

On the positive side, the rooms themselves were comfortable and quiet, and the restaurant there was good enough. The staff overall made an effort, but they still need some work to upgrade their actual performance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and for making us aware of your experiences during your stay both negative and positive, which is very important to us as this assists us to maintain consistency with our high quality services and facilities that is expected.

Our management team have taken note of the points you raised to review for future improvements to ensure our guests comforts. I am pleased overall you had a good stay and your compliments on our helpful staff services with special mention of Curtis out Duty Manager in particular assuring your needs were taken care of, was well received by the Hotel Team with thanks and look forward to hosting you again soon.

I am sure we can expect you back again when you next travel to London and we look forward to welcoming you.

rotorua
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have stayed here before,excellent kiwi receptionist,great room,great every thing till the last day
We checked with the doorman re getting the hotel transport to the airport 26 pound he said...sounded a fair price.
Next day we went to the concierge to book the car,he was busy chatting to another staff member,so we waited 5 minutes to get acknowledgedl.
Unni told us the price would be 35 pound as we had luggage.
"Excuse me,dont all guests have luggage"? we said
Well i quess you'll have to take the taxi" and walked off.
I suspect he was going to pocket this extra.
We asked to speak to the Duty manager,we were shocked at the way we had been spoken to.
Duty manager was busy and would get back to us.
Left the next day,never saw or heard from the duty manager.
We are Hotel managers from NZ,I would cringe with embarrasment if our staff spoke like that.
Buck your ideas up Copthorne,a disgruntled customer is not a good thing!!

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher level get a good view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank buddah28
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and for making us aware of the negative staff interaction you encountered on your recent stay with the Doorman, Concierge and Duty Manager. This is very disappointing especially noting you are a regular guest and all past stays were always to your satisfaction and to find out that the attitude of one staff member had this great negative impact on your overall stay is unacceptable. I apologise sincerely for the shortfall in service and for the inconvenience caused to you at the time.

Our Management Team have taken note and assure you that we are following up on this incident internally and staff retraining will be conducted to ensure such incident is not repeated in future. It is indeed a shame that all our efforts we strive for daily to ensure our guests are well looked after and comfortable as is expected have been shadowed by this one incident. I hope you will choose our Hotel when you next visit London so we can take the opportunity to make amends and to assure you of our best attention to you needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you in advance for your continued support.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is conveniently located, just 5 minutes walk from Kengsinton High Street Tube Station. The room is clean and comfortable. During our stay, we felt really welcome by the friendly hotel staff. The staff's warm greetings made us feel at home, like concierge Mohammed is one of them. Special thanks to the Concierge team who had been attentive and helpful, like Viktor who had shown patience in answering our queries. Not only did he provide us useful maps upon request, he also gave detailed information on places of interest and the buses near the hotel that we could take as it was our first time in London. He also helped us search for the best route to take to reach our desired destination. In addition, one of them who was on duty out front (on 17th June evening) was very attentive and helped us call for a mini cab when our transport to the Airport did not make it in time. We would like to thank him for the help! (can't remember his name though) Overall, we had an enjoyable stay in London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JerineWong
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara Hotel and very happy to see you were satisfied with excellent staff services, convenient location of the hotel to places of interest in the area and our facilities in and around the hotel suitable to your needs all adding to an overall enjoyable comfortable stay. Our Management Team and Staff have received your compliments with grateful thanks and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

We are confident you will choose Copthorne Tara Hotel on your next travels to London and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just checked in to the Copthorne in Kensington for 4 nights and was offered room 146 which defied explanation. My booking is non refundable and was done via agoda.com. I rang the front desk and was offered a "upgraded" room 928 for Pound 25 more a night which would also include breakfast and free wifi. On checking into the room it is barely upgraded in decor and is nothing more then what can be described as "shabby". I know that the receptionist in charge, Rense, must be fed up with me contacting him but no guest should deserve such low standards. I have taken tons of photos and will post them later. I read reviews on TripAdvisor and contacted the General Managers PA, Shahida, (who responds to most reviews posted on Trip Advisor) a couple of days before my arrival seeking her assistance to avoid a room that most have described. I never received the courtesy of a response as of yet and I doubt very much if any immediate remedy can be provided.

Part of any ones vacation includes where they stay and this is one memory I hope to forget. My advice is pay more elsewhere to enjoy true luxury rather then fall for what the Copthorne offers in checking two upgraded for Pound 25 and the other for Pound 50. BAIT AND SWITCH is the best way to describe matters.

I will provide further review on tomorrow's breakfast experience as well as the General Managers response, if any, to the above.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Shahida S, PA to Generel Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sending in your reviews. Your feedback is important and taken seriously and I am sorry to see you had a disappointing stay. I also note you mentioned you tried contacting my office before arriving at the hotel. I have checked my office phone for any messages left on the voicemail and my emails and unfortunately I do not have any record of your contact with my office with either of the two communications. If this was the case I apologise for the inconvenience caused due to this miscommunication. It is also a pity you did not mention this to our Duty Manager at the time of your stay and to report your concerns at the same time so immediate action could have be taken to contact me direct while you were here. This would have enable me to meet and greet and also to ensure your comforts for the duration of your stay so you leave the hotel feeling satisfied. I hope for future bookings you will try to contact myself or our Front Office Manager and we will be very happy to assist with your arrangements according to your specific needs.

We endeavour to provide the best services possible with every intention of pleasing all our guests and I am sorry this was not the case with your stay at this time. Our Management Team thank you and have taken note of your concerns and the points you raised to review and take action for future improvements.

I hope you will choose Copthorne Tara Hotel as your choice hotel when next visiting London to give us the opportunity to host you and to take the opportunity to provide our best attention to your needs for a comfortable stay.

I hope we can expect your visit again soon when you next travel to London and we look forward to welcoming you.

Yours sincerely

Travellers are raving about these London hotels