“Good value hotel”

Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #471 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 August 2014

A very clean, comfortable hotel just a few minutes walk from Kensington tube station. I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in a double room which was very spacious, with air conditioning and a fridge. My only criticism is that the bed was a bit hard.
There was a large choice for breakfast, and plenty of room to sit. There are lots of good shops within walking distance and I would definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Anne-Marie B
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. I am pleased to note you found your room clean and comfortable and the hotel is conveniently located in the Kensington area and an enjoyable breakfast experience adding to an overall positive experience. I have referred you comments to our Management Team in terms of your concern of the bed which will be reviewed for future improvements.

May I mention for future stays if you are not happy with any of our facilities or services to please report to our Duty Manager so we can take immediate action to ensure you are well looked after and comfortable for the duration of your stay. I apologise for the inconvenience caused and very glad this did not deter you from having a good time.

I am sure as you had a satisfactory stay we can expect you back again when you next travel to London and wish to take the opportunity to extend a warm welcome back on your return.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We encountered no problem checking in with friendly staff and we found parking right outside at cost of £15.00 a day which was acceptable in Central London.
Rooms clean but tired as though it could have been an old peoples home!
Wifi kept cutting out so not good if needed for business purposes
Tea, coffee and fridge in room but no biscuits!
breakfast was continental in Club Room which was adequate but nothing special
good location near tube
Hotel good, clean and comfy but not great
Staff friendly and helpful

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is taken seriously as this assists our Management Team to take note especially whilst we are currently working on in-house redecoration for future improvements. I am very happy although this is an ongoing project, you noticed the hotel is good, clean and comfy and together with our excellent services you had a comfortable stay and all worked out well to your expectation.

I hope we will see you here again on your next travel to London and hope you will notice the changes as we endeavour to providing the best services with every intention of pleasing all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have stayed here a number of times and never been disappointed. The rooms are lovely, food excellent and near to High Street Kensington tube station. Staff excellent throughout and they cannot help you enough.
If on room only I have also tried the Muffin Man cafe across from the hotel and they do fab breakfasts as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Brenda K

Dear Guest

Thank you for sending in your review following your special birthday weekend in London. Thank you too for choosing Copthorne Tara Hotel to celebrate this happy occasion. I am pleased all worked out well to your satisfaction for a memorable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

A 15 minute walk from Hyde Park and just off the main stretch is this hotel. I stayed here for a work event and that meant the need for wheelchair access for several athletes, the ability to bring in cycles and an understanding concierge. Luckily, Tara Copthorne was able to accommodate our needs. Decent size rooms, slightly in need of refurbishment, especially the heating/aircon system. Clean with comfortable beds. The hotel is a busy hotel. Always lots of people milling around in the foyer, and plenty of staff around for assistance. The main downside is parking, or lack of really, and if you can park, it is expensive. I can't comment on the food as I never ate at the hotel. I did get a picnic bag for those of us who had to leave the hotel before breakfast started but is wasn't up to much really. After my stay, I realised i had left my phone charger in the room. I rang the next day and my charger was returned straightaway and at no cost which was very much appreciated.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank The_Simnetts

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. Sharing your experiences and recommendations to all travellers to London is much appreciated by our Team as this assists us to be aware of issues you encounter and also the positives that you enjoyed during your stay. Our Management Team always take note of all feedback to review for future improvements.

I am very pleased all worked out for an enjoyable stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My mum and I stayed for one night in a standard double room. The hotel was quite busy, but the staff were very patient, friendly, professional and helpful. The room wasn't huge, but we had everything we needed. We were right next to the train tracks however there was no noise at all and we were not disturbed by the trains. The bathroom was very clean, the products were nothing fancy but we weren't expecting luxury for the price we paid.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marina D

Dear Guest

Thank you for sending in your review. I am glad our services were to your expectation, good value for money and you had a comfortable stay.

I am sure you will be visiting us again on your next travel to London and we all at the hotel look forward to welcoming and hosting you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Staff throughout hotel extremely helpful,specially front desk and the people that took your luggage for storage,one young man,I think Bulgarian,in particular. Unfortunately forgot his name. Rooms very comfortable,a.c. fine. Breakfast very good and plentiful. Location great.Nothing to fault and when in London next that's where I shall stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank genaCairo_egypt

Dear Guest

I am very happy to read your review that you had a great stay and thank you for sharing your positive experience with all travellers to London especially the fact that all was to your expectation to have a great stay problem free with no fault. Your feedback has been well received by our Hotel Team with much appreciation and grateful thanks.

We trust you will be returning to stay on your next travel to London and we take the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Staff very friendly and polite, clean rooms, excellent breakfast. The hotel is minutes of walk from a an underground station so traveling to city center and major attraction was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rudy S

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to see our excellent services and facilities provided during your stay were to your satisfaction to have a comfortable enjoyable stay. Your positive feedback is welcomed by us all and we look forward to hosting you again when you choose Copthorne Tara Hotel on your next trip to London.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.