“Great location and home base”

Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #469 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Great location and home base”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed there while we took day trips around London, Paris and Scotland. It's only minutes from the tube station which is a great way to get around all of London. The concierge at the hotel was famyastic. Always helpful and full of information and suggestions. I can
honestly say our trip was made better by Edgars. He helped us book a day trip to Paris, gave us the time table for the tube and called taxis when we needed one. All of the staff was more than polite from housekeeping to the front desk. This was my first trip to London and the Copthorne made it memorable. The rooms were clean and neat everyday and we felt very safe, considering we were two women traveling alone. It was very quiet at night, not noisy at all. I highly recommend staying here if and when you visit.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank MBbrandt
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sending in your kind review which makes us all at the hotel very happy that we provide the services to your expectation as you mention “home from home” as this is what we strive for daily and I am glad this is evident in your case for you to have successful enjoyable stay.

As this was your first experience in London, I am pleased that you chose our hotel and we look forward to hosting and welcoming you back again on your next trip to London.

Assuring you of our best attention to your needs as always.

Yours sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,403)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed for seven nights in July. The hotel is conveniently located in High Street Kensington. The room was tired and could do with a makeover. It was very clean and spacious and the aircon was excellent, as London was hot. The hotel is situated next to the tube station. A tip for travellers staying for some time, it is better to catch the bus instead of the tube, as you get a better understanding of the geography. The number 9 and 10 buses take you into the city from the high street.

Room Tip: I would spend more for a superior or club room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Orrca
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sending in your review for sharing your travel experience on your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara Hotel. Your feedback is important as this assists our Management Team to review the points you raised for future improvements and especially whilst we are currently working on in-house redecorations. I am very happy to see although this project is ongoing you found the hotel and room to be clean, comfortable and well cooled as this is what we strive to provide daily for our guests comforts so as not to be inconvenienced and still have an enjoyable stay. I apologise for any inconveniences caused during your stay.

I hope you will return when you next visit London and we look forward to welcoming you back.

We assure you of our best attention as always.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Very handy location and your always going to pay that bit extra for not much in London anyway so reign in your expectations.

Front staff are very friendly. Tamas helped out with directions and maps and seemed knowledgeable advising us to not bother with here and there but go to x and y instead.

Bar staff aren't the best for customer service but not the worst either.

Paid extra for breakfast but no one asks to see your reservation details when queuing...

I can only speak for the 5th floor but seriously don't bother with the wifi it is utter crap. 4g signal everywhere anyway and I found it worked 5 times faster than the wifi after checking the stats.

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank ross m
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review and I am pleased overall your stay was a pleasant one and the convenient location of the hotel added to your positive experience.

I have noted your feedback and referred all to our Management Team to review for future improvements so we maintain our quality services as is expected.

I hope you will be visiting us again in the near future and look forward to welcoming you.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The Copthorne Tara hotel is about 200m away from the high street Kensington this is an excellent location for tourists as all the shops are there like h&m and marks and spencer! The room was very good for its price and the staff very friendly especially the porters who care and ask if want a taxi to bring us somewhere this is very good as the makes you fell special! If you like shopping don't miss it!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Mia E
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am very happy our services and facilities provided during your stay was all to your satisfaction to have an amazing stay. Your compliments are welcomed by our Hotel Team and all look forward to hosting you again soon.

We extend a warm welcome back and hope you will visit again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We went on a tour of England and Wales. The last two nights were in this hotel. All of the other hotels gave us three choices for appetizers, main course and dessert. This hotel gave us no choices and made us wait an hour to be served. Breakfast had powdered eggs and no one served us tea or coffee. Internet costs 17 dollars a day. Service for breakfast was better the second day so I actually got tea. There were some on our tour that wanted to eat earlier but the hotel would not accommodate them.

Room Tip: The rooms were fine but the hallways smelled musty. The Chinese restaurant was good according to som...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to see our services were not to your satisfaction. Our Management Team have taken note of each of your concerns and will take action with the relevant departments and also to review for future improvements. I apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay and I hope these issues will not deter you from returning to stay with us on your next trip to London.

We hope you visit again so we can assure you of our best attention to your needs and look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

After landing at Heathrow I was in the back of my car driving to my hotel I had booked months in advance only to discover they had canceled my reservation. So, in haste I scrambled onto lastminute.com to find a new hotel that could lodge me for two weeks.

I came across the Copthorne Tara Hotel, not too sure what I was getting into but my meter was running so I booked my stay and prayed it wasn't going to be a flea bag.

I was suprised as we pulled up! It was not a flea bag at all, not exactly my ideal place to stay but it was in a fantastic area.
It's in walking distance to Kensington Palace, the tube station and whole foods.
When I wanted to go to Harrods it was a 10min bus ride tops!

The only room that was available in my price range was a double bed on the first floor.
Unfortunately the internet they provide was not available for free on my floor so I had to buy passes for every day I was there.
Also, the pass only allowed one device at a time so the charges can add up when you're using phone and laptop.
Kind of a nightmare.

The room was in need of a tune up, the decor was mostly pastel pinks and aqua greens.
Reminded me of the "Golden Girls" but that cheered me up as I settled in.
sometimes you gotta make the best of it!
The bed was a tad stiff but clean, the room was tidy and the bathroom was big enough to house my makeup and beauty shop buys.

It was a nice stay overall, very friendly and helpful staff!

Room Tip: Get a room on the second or higher up floors. Better views and free internet!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sandria D
Dear Guest

Thank you for sending in your review and for sharing your experience on your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara Hotel. Your feedback makes us aware of your concerns which is important and valuable, especially as it assists our Management Team to review your encounters for future improvements. This feedback also helps our Hotel Team to maintain our quality services and facilities we provide our guests for an enjoyable stay, which overall seems you had a nice stay.

We assure you of our best attention as always.

Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Myself and a friend spent three nights at the Copthorne Tara Hotel on the weekend (Friday 1st August 2013 – Monday 4th August 2013), as we were attending the Emirates Cup 2014 at the Emirates Stadium in Islington.

We arrived Friday evening by train, was ideally located one tube stop from London Paddington Station, making access to and from hotel, quick and simple. The hotel is very large, and has a very nice lobby area, which is always bustling with activity. There is a handy coffee shop on the ground floor as you come into the hotel, where you can buy a few drinks and nibbles to set you on your way, and reasonably priced, a neat idea.

The twin room was a decent size, a little dated, but that was no issue to us. The beds were a little uncomfy, neither of us had great night sleep the first night especially, also the air con is quite noisy if you leave on overnight, as my friend insists on, so this didn’t help sleep quality, pillows were not all that substantial either, but im nit picking, the rooms and beds were certainly adequate. Was not much of a view, over train tracks, but there are very few hotels in London that can boast an amazing view, from my experience, barring those on the banks of the Thames.

Getting to and from the Hotel and the Emirates Stadium was very simple, either use Kensington High Street or Earls Court Station, we got a taxi to Earls Courts Station, but it is walkable. Very easy to get a taxi, there is usually a line of them waiting just around the corner from the hotel. Overall, very happy to return to this hotel, had all the amenities required and more, and more importantly it was in a great location for what we wanted to do. The area around the hotel is lovely too, plenty to do, without even venturing into the centre of London.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank robertscarfe
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in sending in your detailed review and for sharing your experiences with all travellers to London following your recent 3 day stay with your friend. I am very pleased you both had a good time and the location of the hotel and our quality services and facilities were to your satisfaction and suitable to your needs adding to an enjoyable stay.

Out Hotel Team thank you for your compliments and recommendations that you will return and we all look forward to hosting you both and family and friends on your next trip to London.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope it will be soon.