US$280
US$344
US$157
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$183
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$136
  • Room Service
US$227
US$190
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

US$262
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$115
  • Restaurant
Hilton London Canary Wharf(London)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$481
Agoda.com
  • Pool
7,253 results
All reviewshigh streetclub roommuffin mantube stationthe royal albert hallbusy hotelcircle linelarge hotelbit datedexcellent locationhyde parkfew minutes walktea and coffeefull englishkensingtondoorman
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Due to work, I was once again put up in the Copthorne Tara.

I have previously reviewed the Tara and not been impressed but my last experience was better.

The food in the Brassiere has got ten times better. I don't know if there is a new chef or just a change around generally with the kitchen, but the food was good. I had chicken fajita in the restaurant, which was actually a starter but was more than enough as a main. I also had a tuna melt ordered to my room on focaccia bread, which was to die for.

I generally found the staff more helpful than in the past, especially when there was a payment error to my account and thought the TVs (barring the slowest guide menu) were a lot better than the old ones.

I wouldn't tend to stay in this area other than for work, but if I get put up here again, I won't be too disappointed.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Thegirlfrom1982
Neil B, General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Thegirlfrom1982

Thank you for your review.

I was so pleased to find out that you were positively impressed this time around and that you felt that many areas have improved, namely the food, service and the TV.

Your feedback is well received and I made sure to share with the teams so they can see their efforts are valued and appreciated. Thank you.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

General manager

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Great location on sides of Tube station. Average rooms with average minus bathrooms. Restaurant services are Ok but unsafe. Lost my passport bag from table in Restaurant and amazingly CCTV did not capture our table.......

Room Tip: Be careful with money and travel documents in this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Neil B, General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear Tarun G

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you were satisfied with the location of the hotel, which is indeed very convenient due to the proximity to transport links as well as many touristic attractions in London.

I assure you that the security of our guests and their property is paramount to us and we have recently upgraded the CCTV in the hotel. The images did not show evidence of suspicious actions had taken place. if you wish to discuss the matter further, please contact us directly.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

I could not work out whether it was the special price offer or the location that accounted for the seeming popularity of Copthorne Tara Hotel. Definitely value for money. Classic old hotel in a wealthy part of London. Apart from the noise from the railway line, "the Tara" is a comfortable hotel with a choice of two restaurants.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Neil B, General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Solly M

Thank you for your review.

I was glad to know that you felt comfortable at the Tara and that you found we offered value for money and a good location.

I have shared your feedback with the team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Just spent a week here. Great location, as it is right by the High Street Kensington stop of the tube. Rooms were comfortable and clean, and the bed was great. Nice strong AC. Breakfast was pretty good, but the whole room could use a dousing of WD-40. Lots of noisy squeaking. Brasserie was a nice place for our group to meet after the pubs closed.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erin K
Neil B, General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Erin K

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you the room to be comfortable and clean and that breakfast, A/C and location were to your liking.

I appreciate your comment about squeak noises in the room which I passed to housekeeping and maintenance to look into.

I hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Booked last minute for a short stay. Nice room, great location & reasonable cost.
Great breakfast selection and on site car park with reasonable London costs.
The restaurant choices for dinner were excellent and really recommend.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 267lmoore
Neil B, General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor and for recommending us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, including location, value for money, breakfast, restaurant options and room standards.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

General manager