“Best Western Cromwell not bad at this price point.”

Best Western The Cromwell
Ranked #636 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Staff was friendly. Breakfast was reasonable. Area is great, tube across the street, many good restaurants, short walk to V&A museum and Hyde Park. Get a garden view room with a balcony for the best experience. Basement rooms are smaller and have no view.

Room Tip: Garden view room with balcony for the win.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexander T, General Manager at Best Western The Cromwell, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review online after your recent stay with us here at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the service which you received from our team here and our breakfast!

Once again I would like to thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN The Cromwell again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Just arrived home from a great break in London.....made all the better by the stay at this delightful hotel.
The room was spotless and modern bathroom facilities with a nice warm shower and a daily linen change.
The staff I found very friendly and helpful....breakfast was very nice with a good variety to choose from.
The location was perfect,a short walk from tube station and a bus stop right at the front door.
The Cromwell Road and Gloucester Road had a great variety of bars and restaurants and a 10 minute walk took you onto the Kensington Road area which was much the same.
All in all a great break and we'll be returning to the Best Western Cromwell on our next London trip.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was my third stay at the Cromwell and I continue to be pleased with the value and quality offered here. As mentioned in previous reviews, the rooms tend to be on the small side with just the basics - two twin beds, one small desk, tiny closet, tea kit, functional bathroom. As usual, our room was clean and kept rather tidy during our stay which is of paramount importance. Additionally, the hotel staff is helpful when needed - I don't expect 5 star service here but everyone is polite and friendly addressing our requests.

The location is the prime reason for selecting this spot - just a block from the tube station on the Piccadilly and Circle lines leading to most of the popular shopping and tourist attractions in London in about fifteen to twenty minutes. Also an easy commute to and from Heathrow Airport from here. Is it perfect? No, but for the price it would be difficult to find a hotel in central London of similar quality. I'll continue to patronize this location mainly for it's convenience to everything I want to see and do.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are larger and quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review online after your recent stay with us at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell. I am very pleased to read that you have continually chosen to return and stay with us!

I am very pleased that you always enjoy your time with us. We do like to pride ourselves on the high levels of housekeeping that we demand here and it is with pleasure to see that you are aware of this.

It is also wonderful to see that my team are helpful and that they are always able to assist you during your time with us.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The front desk staff was extremely helpful and went out of their way to help us have a comfortable stay. The room was very tiny with two single beds but clean and comfortable. The location was excellent - right near the Gloucester tube station, Kensington gardens, restaurants, about 20 minute walk to Harrods and near a beautiful neighborhood we walked through. The included breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review online after your recent stay with us here at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I am also very happy to see that my team have been able to assist you during your time with us.

I am also very happy that you enjoyed your breakfast! We certainly do try to make sure all our guests have a good breakfast to start their day in London.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN The Cromwell again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a 5 day stay here in May. Hotel has everything you need for a comfortable stay and a great location to explore London, with the Gloucester Rd tube only 5 mins away! Great restaurants nearby and a laundromat which is handy! Kensington Gardens only a 20min walk away and museums close too. Staff were very helpful and friendly and a good breakfast. Our room we got was very small and bed was a small double and not comfortable, but there are other rooms that are better! We arrived from New York jet lagged and grabbed the first room available!
Loved our stay in London!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for time to post your review online after your recent stay with us here at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took advantage of our location.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Hotel was nice except was wanting 2 single beds and got a double which might have been a good thing as the other rooms looked very small. We had a room at the front of the hotel which was very noisy. The breakfast were great all you could want and the breakfast room was very cosy. The hotel was so handy to the tube station and plenty of shops near by.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front are noisy with the traffic
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Nice hotel, sometimes you have to wait to be served at the bar, food is very good. Leisure club is good. Car park is very secure. Checkout again forgot I was a platinum card thereby having a discount off my evening meals

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business