“Will definitely come back”

Park Grand London Kensington
Ranked #145 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Arizona
“Will definitely come back”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We chose this hotel based on TA reviews and we were very pleased with it: great room facilities/decor, clean, location of the hotel but most importantly, their friendly and welcoming staff. This hotel is located in a nice area with easy Underground connection to all tourist attractions and also from Heathrow Airport. You can easily travel from the Airport to the hotel without changing trains: Take the Picadilly Line and get off at Earl's Court Station, which is just one block away from the hotel (buy the Oyster Card so that it will cost you less.) We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel because there are several restaurants and coffee places nearby (also convenient stores and services.) The room is modern, comfortable and spotless with excellent WiFi reception, minibar, safety box and a kettle to make coffee or tea. The hotel is located in a quiet street one block from a busy street. However, you won't hear the noise. There is a nice coffee place (Pret) by the station where you can enjoy breakfast and buy a healthy and natural "food to go" for lunch later. I also recommend the Italian restaurant Zizzi, which is located a block away and a cute French restaurant in the street behind the hotel. We will definitely stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you chose a room by the street, you may hear some cars passing by.
5 Thank Fabio C
Clayton C, Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear UCFE,

I was delighted to read on your review that one of the reasons that you had chosen to stay at our hotel was the "friendly and welcoming staff".

The hotel does pride itself on the service and interaction between staff and guests so your comment is indeed a wonderful thing to read, and I shall ensure that all staff read this.

The hotel itself is in a fantastic location giving it easy access to many attractions and restaurants nearby. Should you return to the hotel I would recommend our restaurant as our chefs are constantly trying out new and fresh ideas.

Do contact me directly on your next stay, I can be reached on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk

Park Grand London Kensington.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

2 of us had stay at this hotel for 8 nights back in the end of March. We got a room on 2nd floor. Overall everything is great in the room, a big comfy king size bed, heated floor in the bathroom, only the safe in the closet is not working. Breakfast was included and the hotel is walking distance from the underground and Sainsbury which is really convenient. I would suggest my friends to stay here when they visit London in the future.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Carmen L
Dear Carmen L,

Thank you for your comments regarding the Park Grand London Kensington, and recommending us to your friends.

I'm sorry that you had experienced a defective safe in the room, and again I'm thankful that this one blip in the service we provide did not tarnish your view of us.

Should you decide to return to the hotel please feel free to contact me directly on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk so that I can ensure that everything in your room is up to our usual standards.

Clayton

Please let me know whenever you decide to visit London next time, we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Cheshire
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wow. Our stay at this hotel was just wonderful from start to finish. We were greeted warmly on arrival and the staff made us feel like nothing was too much trouble. Our room was clean, decorated to a high, modern standard and spacious. We were provided with all the amenities we could want. These included; Kettle (naturally), AC, hair dryer, minibar and microwave (nice touch). I blinked when I saw the nightly rate!!! Fantastic value. They'll make that up some other way I thought. Nope. Both minibar and bar drinks were reasonably priced. I had one of the most sound and peaceful nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel. Partly due to the other considerate guests, quiet street outside and a marvellously comfy bed. Breakfast was plentiful, both continental and English breakfast choices, buffet style and fresh! The hotel reservation letter confirmed the hotel a couple of minutes from earls court tube station - and it was!!! A quick walk from Earls Court exhibition centre too!! The hotel's reservation letter also told us which tube lines we could get from euston, and it was this attention to detail that made our stay so thoroughly enjoyable. Would I stay again!?!?! Definitely, in fact I can't wait to.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of the Park Grand London Kensington.

I was delighted to read that we had exceeded your expectations from begeinning to end.

Please do let me know whenever you decide to visit London next time, we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Cheltenham
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here for one night on 6June as we were attending the D Day concert at the Albert Hall.

It was perfect. The welcome was friendly, the room was clean and well appointed and everything worked (although I had to switch the extractor fan off at the wall as it seemed reluctant to stop on the light switch). Some reviews have complained about the size of the room, well we have stayed in some swish hotels recently and this was perfectly ok - not massive and we only had 1 night but I dont know what people expect. We could get around both sides of the large bed without any problem.
The hotel was ideally place being less than 5 mins from Earls Court underground.
The most surprising thing was how quiet it was. Our room was at the front on the first floor and I thought it would be noisy with traffic - far from it. Hogarth Road is a one-way street and not a major road - we had a peaceful night.

Breakfast was excellent and all the staff were friendly and helpful - we would definitely stay again if in London

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Clayton C, Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments and review our Hotel.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Park Grand London Kensington.

Leeds
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A very good 4 star hotel, I had booked this for my husband’s birthday for a one night stay. For London prices this is very reasonable and I had paid just over £120. Really nice and attentive staff and do not let you carry one bag and ensure the room is always in mint condition. They gave us a fab room with a huge bed and lovely bathroom. The toiletries were all espa and these little touches make all the difference. I had rang up in the week and arranged champagne and this was waiting for us and the next morning of his birthday had a cake and another bottle of complimentary champagne for us. Really good location with Earl’s court tube stop three mins walk away and some very nice places to eat as well just minutes away if you feel like having a snack. The only thing is the hotel does not have it’s own car park and you have to use the neighbouring Marriot car park, but as it was a weekend all the streets are free to park on after 6pm and we got very lucky right outside the hotel so left it there all weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeedsKizza
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review.

I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Park Grand London Kensington, and that we were successful in truly making it a stay to remember.

We strive at the Park Grand London Kensington to provide the best possible service we can, and so having feedback such as this really does make it all worthwhile.

Please do feel free to contact whenever you decide to visit London again and I shall ensure that your stay will be as memorable and comfortable as your last.

We will be eagerly looking forward to welcoming you back.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here from 29th May to 1st June and the hotel is amazing. They have delicious dishes and courteous staff. The rooms are very clean and spacious with easy access to tube stations. Its a luxurious hotel at affordable price. Given a chance i would love to stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank chitrakshi
Deepak P, Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We are pleased to read your review and happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Park Grand London Kensington.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback for the customer service & we will be sharing your feedback with the entire team.

Please let me know whenever you decide to visit London next time in the near future in order to ensure that your stay is comfortable & satisfactory in all respects.

We will be eagerly looking forward to welcome you soon in the near future.

Deepak Panicker
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed here from 29th May to 1st June. It was a wonderful & very pleasant stay.The staff is very helpful & supportive.rooms are spacious.location is perfect as just walking distance to Earls Court tube station. Also many eating joints are closeby.it is quite close to harrods & Hyde park..so it is perfect for tourists..Rooms are very well done & tastefully decorated.Breakfast buffet is very nice perfect for everyone even for vegetarians.I would definately like to stay here again whenever I visit London next time.I would say that this is perfect for both tourists as well as business.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kanchan K
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We will be eagerly looking forward to welcome you soon in the near future.

Deepak Panicker