“Amazing location, small rooms”

Ranked #95 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I stayed at this hotel in August 2014 with a friend of mine. The hotel is a 5min walk from Earls court underground station as well as an ATM machine and restraunts such as subway, pret which are good for breakfast. The co-operative supermarket was also a 5min walk away which was perfect for those late night snacks. The hotel rooms were rather small and stuffy and we did have an issue with the shower tray being clogged for my whole stay nothing was done about that. The hotel staff and exceptionally helpful and friendly they printed out all the attractions opening times and closing times and also helped us with our shopping bags after a long day out. The rooms are air conditioned which was perfect to tackle the heat. They also provided a shuttle service to London Heathrow for a fee of 15 pounds so be sure to ask for it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Clayton C, House Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Dear Marwa O,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us.
I am happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
In regards to the rooms he have a variety of room types and cater for different tastes.
I have discussed your comments with the head of our maintenance team in order to avoid any similar situations in the future.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future.

If we can help with anything please do not hesitate to contact us. I can be reached directly on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk

(F):- 020 7373 6179

Write a ReviewReviews (2,741)

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Honestly avoid this hotel, the so called "superior" room is in the basement, after walking a lot you get to a normal room with no view, to a wall with the cleaning stuff and some broke wood panels. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL, IT'S A SCAM

• Stayed: September 2014
6  Thank Mdch1979
Clayton C, House Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2014

Dear Mdch1979 ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this forum.
We take all comments to the heart as they help us improve our service and product.
I regret to learn that you felt the need to express your concern this way.

The definition of consumer “scam” is: “unlawful deceptive practices upon unsuspecting consumers designed to facilitate the payment of money irregardless or grossly disproportionate as to the value of any service actually rendered or any goods provided”

According to your comment a Superior room was booked and given. According to our website a Superior Room is the lowest category available and has a average size of 10m2.The Park Grand London Kensington displays the room size on the website as well as on websites of travel agencies we work with. Therefore no scam was committed.

Just, like many hotels in London, the Park Grand Kensington offers rooms on the lower ground floor, and at no point promises only rooms only higher level, however, guess are welcome to make requests for specific floors, which our team will answer according to the availability.

Unfortunately, by you user name we were not able to find your reservation and our attempt to contact you here on Trip Advisor went unanswered.

In regards to the broken panels, no other guest has reported any issues and our room checks have not shown anything either. Our, always attentive, Maintenance team is ready to help, should anything be reported.

Our lower floor rooms are highly valued as many guests prefer the peace and quiet they offer.

We hope that you might give us another chance and that we will be able to receive you back in a near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Park Grand London Kensington Couple stayed 27 JUL 14 – 06 AUG 14

Though I am usually a reader of these reviews, I had such a great experience here that I had to author this. It might be a longer read than other reviews, just that many good things to point out – especially after my wife and had switched our reservations _TO_ this hotel about 3 weeks before our arrival. A risky move when traveling internationally for the first time – but WELL WORTH IT!!! I have spent many nights in domestic hotels and astute to how 5 star properties earn those ratings. I am not high-maintenance, I just pay attention to details, and this might actually be my favorite boutique hotel – for many reasons: EXPERIENCE (excellent value with the room – but more the PEOPLE!); LOCATION; BUSINESS MODEL (boutique hotel designed to take care of everything behind the scenes so the customer can focus 100% on everything else).

Initially my wife and I had booked a hotel in Kensington based upon a few travel websites and ended up changing to the Park Grand London Kensington after we had read the numerous Trip Advisor reviews…. and even those high marks did not prepare us for the outstanding time we had. Before I go into more detail I have to identify by name the two front desk “angels” Lavinia and Miriam who made our stay SO outstanding, I am trying to figure out how to ask Santa for a return visit – to London AND another stay at the Park Grand London Kensington!

Our game plan was to spend as much time out of our hotel as possible sight-seeing and just having a place to lay out head at the end of the day to rest from the day’s adventures - and to get ready for what tomorrow would bring was our top priority for our hotel. The room was OUTSTANDING and the shower rocked! Rain head and body sprayer – with enough massage force/water pressure that you had to make sure not to stand on the drain as it filled up quick – and HOT. My wife loved the in-room rapid water boiler for her morning tea (restocked numerous times a day), and the quaint breakfast buffet was very good (eggs, to pastries, to hot and cold cereal, fruit and juices) with lots of choices and all very fresh!

The hotel is about 1000 feet from the Earl’s Court Underground station (interchange point for various lines – which was a HUGE benefit as heading out for the day or getting home at night was a breeze!) and many little places to stop in for a quick bite if the hotel buffet is not your style. Whether coming or going, staff ALWAYS greeted us by name – even when we saw Miriam on the street headed back to the hotel while she was on her way home!

I read some of the reviews on here and nod my head in agreement with the positive ones and shake my head in amazement on the negative ones (wondering if they stayed at THIS hotel…). I hope that you take the time to realistically form your expectations.. and when you do, they will exceed them! If you are headed here, contact the House Manager, Clayton at clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk and let them know you read a review on Trip Advisor – they’ll take care of you! ENJOY

PS Clayton, you can use the pics - my THANK YOU to you and your team!!

Room Tip: Mention you read this on TripAdvisor! They are highly rated by them and love the feedback! We were...
4  Thank PhotoScott

Dear PhotoScott,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great comment on this website.
I really appreciate that you took the time to mention our services and amenities.
Lavinia and Miriam were over the moon when they heard that they had been mentioned on your comment.
We hope that Santa allows you to return and are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the 29th of august 2014 hotel room was small but comfortable nice double bed and nice bathroom good shower! Located a very short walk about 250 yards from Earls Court tube station. Friendly staff

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank deborah k
Clayton C, Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Deborah K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I'm very gald to read that you found our staff to be friendly, i'll be sure to pass your comments along for all to read.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Best hotel we have ever had in London! Room was compact but very clean and smart. Never heard a sound at night and our air con worked well. Room on the fourth floor. They even had little buttons to indicate on the outside of the room whether you were asleep or the room needed to be cleaned. One morning we had a late morning and was not disturbed! The bed was the most comfortable we have had in London. The price was very reasonable for the two nights we stayed. We did not have breakfast although we were offered it for £12 per person per night. 5 minutes from Earls Court underground. Enough pubs and restaurant around the area. Even a Greggs where we grabbed a coffee and breakfast bap in the mornings before starting our sightseeing days, all for about a fiver for two! This was just our choice as we usually have breakfasts at the hotel we just didn't know what time we were leaving in the mornings. Will definitely stay here again when visiting London.

Room Tip: High floor better views
3  Thank pete3837

Dear Pete3837,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel, and of course choosing to stay with us.

I'm glad that you found the beds to be comfortable and the price reasonable. There are indeed many local restaurants in the area, all within walking distance from our very own bar offering you a selection of drinks and cocktails.

If I can help in arranging your next stay with us please feel free to contact me on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk

Reviewed 31 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights as part of our honeymoon. When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded and upon entering the room we noticed a box of chocolates, not long after this someone came to the door with a complimentary bottle of wine.
The hotel is scrupulously clean and in a superb location, two minutes walk from earls court tube station, and only a twenty minute walk to the Natural History Museum. The service given by the staff is of a very high standard, we were smiled at and acknowledged whenever we saw staff. We only ate breakfast here but can safely say that it was delicious. We would not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel A

Dear Rachel A,

Thank you very mucyh for choosing to stay with us on such a special occasion, and for taking the time to post your review of the hotel.

All the staff at Park Grand London Kensington take pride in the service that they provide, I will be sure to pass your comments on to all.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Very close to connect to London via the tube, which is a 2 min walk. quite area with lovely cafés, pubs and restaurants near by.
The only thing would be having instructions to operate the shower/bath/hand held shower. A bit confusing but otherwise a lovely stay. Highly recommended.

Dear John M,

Thank you for your review of the hotel, and I am pleased to read that you had a lovely stay with us.

The hotel is indeed a short distance from Earls Court underground station which offers easy connections to many of Londons attractions.

Do let us know if we can help with anything else for you. I can be reached directly on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk

Many Thanks,