“The Great London” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #161 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Milan, Italy
“The Great London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Very nice and cosy Hotel. Perfect position in town if you want to tour around alone or with family.
Room rates are not cheap but not so high compared to London prices.
Staff was very professional and nice.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Köln
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

20 GBP for internet is a joke. They didn't charge this time as the internet didn't work properly but normaly they would charge and that would be a reason for me not to stay there again. All the rest was fine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Andreas_H151
Ilford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Pelham. I was met with a warm welcome, my luggage was taken to my room, an interest was taken as to the reason for my stay and I was given directions on how to get where I wanted to go

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Delroy E
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at the Pelham Hotel in April, 2014 for four nights with my 10 year old daughter. We both loved it! The hotel is charming, the staff was very nice, and the room was cozy, clean and QUIET as can be (no street noise or noise from other rooms at ALL). It was small, but good for the two of us and I think a couple would also be happy - it was room 212, which is called a mezzanine room as it is off the main hallway and has a step down to the room after a small ante-chamber separated from the room, where we kept our shoes, bags and coats. The bathroom was brand new looking, extremely clean (the whole room was), there was lots of hot water and good pressure. Comfortable bed. We arrived earlier than our check in time after an over night flight and we able to get into the room quickly.

The hotel is in the beautiful South Kensington neighborhood, across the street from the South Kensington underground stop - which is great since three lines pass through the stop and it was easy to get all over the city (including back and forth from Heathrow in around 40 minutes, which meant we could avoid an expensive taxi or train). Five or six buses also stop right in front of the hotel and that was great too. We were a 15 minute walk from Hyde Park, less than 10 minutes to the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Natural History museum and others. (I highly recommend going to the V&A museum for lunch - the museum entrance is free, and lunch is in the MOST beautiful rooms you can imagine - the food is delicious and reasonably priced.) There are restaurants and shops right near the hotel - and Harrods is a 20 minute walk away if you're interested. I wanted to mention WiFi, as it was addressed by other reviewers- 1) while the WiFi was described in the room brochure as being 30p a minute, in fact, it was complimentary, which was great 2) the connection was fine in the room - we had no problems. I would recommend the Pelham to travelers to London.

Room Tip: I emailed them to ask for a quiet room - I knew that we'd be tired and I had a child with me and...
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

It's taken me far too long to write my review of the pelham. I hosted my baby shower there last august for 12 of my closest friends and the whole experience was lovely. The afternoon tea was excellent, we had a waiter permanently stationed in the room who was extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The lounge event space is just beautiful and perfect for this type of event. The event staff were so helpful with all the planning and then upgraded the rooms I had booked for my two aunties, my mother and my cousin and I. We all wondered whether the hotel had been recently refurbished as the rooms were immaculate. Not a spec of dust in sight - and trust me, my aunties and mother would have checked! We ate in the restaurant in the evening which was nice but could do with a bit of 'umph'. The menu was ok, and the waitress was trying her best but she was new and still finding her feet. Breakfast however was excellent, a good selection and the service was very good. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the pelham again and if I was organising a similar event it would be my first choice.

Room Tip: Room 306 was great - stunning bathroom, a good size and a view down the bustling street.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We recently stayed here after a return to London the same week from traveling abroad. It was an old home so it's more of a traditional beautiful hotel. We arrived late due to a train delay and the staff, although very polite, were not very helpful. Our safe didn't work at first because it was so old and they had to come up with a key and the air system never world correctly so our room was always too warm. The biggest problem is that the hotel is currently having wifi issues so our phones did not work and it was very frustrating not having wifi to contact people and check emails. Also, the business office was working properly either but they did help out with getting us what we needed. The room itself is cute but rather small. The bathroom was fine. The hotel did end up issuing is a refund to compensate for the issues. I do not think I'd stay here again, there are so many wonderful hotels in London.

Room Tip: request room way from street
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LisaK05
Tn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very good location near subway and multiple museums, near Hyde and Kensington parks and Royal Albert Hall.
Very nice staff.
Expensive.
We did not use the hotel eestaurant, but multiple restaurants just across the street.