“Would go back.... If there was an offer” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Hotel London Mayfair

Millennium Hotel London Mayfair
Ranked #426 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Sheffield
“Would go back.... If there was an offer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

Stayed here this weekend for two nights, myself and boyfriend and my parents. We booked through travel zoo website and paid £130 a night inc breakfast and glass of prosecco each. We though it was really good value. I think it is quite a bit more normally, and breakfast is £22 each if not booked in advance.

Good points -

Great location in Mayfair, nice area, safe to walk out in the evening, and close to Oxford st and Hyde park
Breakfast was really good - so much choice, great service, kept us full for most of the day! Very nice dining area.
We did not eat in the hotel at night but it looked busy and smelled nice, they had a god set menu offer too, if we had not already had plans we would have tried the restaurant.
Rooms were spacious, our view was the back of the hotel but ok enough. Parents had a rubbish view but we weren't staying there form a view as such so no problem to us.
The beds were large and SO comfortable, the rooms were very quiet, no noise or disturbance.

Bad points -
We thought the drinks were really expensive, it was over £5 for a bottle of Peroni plus service charge took it to nearly £7, we thought this was a bit much, ESP as we ordered our drinks at the bar ourselves and they only had to bring it a few metres to our table.
The hair dryer in my parents room was really old, you had to keep pressing the button to work - a bit annoying, esp we had a good one, for what it costs why not provide all rooms with a decent hair dryer?
My parents had extra furniture in their room, a large cabinet with drawers, if we had been staying longer we could have done with this to put pants socks in etc, we just left them in the case and hung up other clothes in the wardrobe.
The bathroom was really small, and could do with a bit of an upgrade.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SMTSheffield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

I have a business meeting on Sep 21, 2012 morning, I arrived and stayed at this hotel on Sep 20 night. At 4:00 a.m. in the morning the fire alarm went off, I evacuated from the room to the lobby. The hotel was irresponsible, not following the proper safety procedures, not all guests evaluated, guests using elevators that were not locked off, guests were congested in the lobby (obstruct traffic), no clear explanation from the management of what happened. We I asked for more detail information of what cause the fire, and what corrective action has implemented, the Management refused to provide details and very impolitely expressed that "this is British standards". Of course there were no compensation or any source of apology to the guests, other than a very generic letter left at the door. In my opinion, it was very badly handled by the Management who I spoke to before I checked-out. Safety is the highest priority to our company policy and we found that it was very much lacking at this hotel, at least I was not satisfied with their answers to this incident. My client has a contract with this hotel for a commitment of minimum 100 nights per year, I will suggest that they pull the contract and went to other hotels. Safety and Quality were below my expectation!!

Room Tip: Don't do it
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Milli0nMilesTraveler
Mineola, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

My two teenage grandchildren and myself recently spent 4 nights at the Millennium. The room was great, spacious & well laid out and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We did a great deal of walking which the location made possible. All in all a great vacation.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ellen T
Boonville, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

From the stately lobby to the glass-enclosed breakfast terrace to the wonderfully appointed meeting rooms, this hotel added greatly to the success of our visit. The location is excellent for walking about with a great variety of restaurants and shops located nearby.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob B
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here for 1 night, and enjoyed our stay. The location is great. The ambiance is relaxed & friendly. The room was a superior Plus, and a good size. Also lovely and quiet.
The slight negatives are, the dirt around the toilet area is very unsightly, and kept haunting me. There can be no excuse for this!!! Also there were unsightly defects in the bathroom Marble, and in the room. The corridor woodwork also looked a bit shabby. It seems like no proper inspection is being carried out to check cleaning and maintenance details.
On arrival at reception, we were told we need not register a credit card & could pay by cash on departure, if we wished. At this time we booked a table at the Avista Restaurant.
We had a fantastic meal at the Avista. But when we signed the bill for the meal, the Restaurant Manager returned to say we must either go to Reception and register a credit card, or pay cash now!
This was an uncomfortable end to our delightful dinner. And when we checked out, and told this story to Reception, they looked quite surprised!
So it might pay to register your credit card on arrival.

Overall though, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the square - front facing room.
Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank spikeyuk
Melbourne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

After staying 3 nights at Ritz, we had to stay at the Millennium Mayfair for 1 night due to our cruise company, Regent, having this hotel as a pick up point.

Thank god, I did not take the option when booking the cruise of staying here longer.

Where do I start ? The shower water pressure is that strong, it almost cuts your head, oh my site head.

I have never, ever experienced anything like it. There was one lever to adjust the temperature of the water and no way of adjust pressure.

The water flow was so strong, it filled the bath up to a foot as the bath outlet could not take the shear volume of water flow.

The aIr conditioner was rattling like an old ford ! Could not leave it on during the evening so we opened the window to the hum of outside coolers, but at least we could sleep with that sound.

The ceiling panels above the entrance door had plaster panels all dislodged, an obvious sign the air conditioner had been attempted to be fixed. Not pleasant when you walk in and look up to see pipes and wires !

I decided to re adjust the ceiling panels so it look at least respectable.

Breakfast was,,,,so so but eatable

The bed was ok and tv modern.

As a work hotel stay, fine, as a holiday stay, forget it, go to other more reputable places.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Radaconsultants
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

I have been staying at this Mayfair hotel for years and it never stop to impress me how efficient and friendly the staff are. I go there few times a year with a very large group. Whenever I look back at our stay, andthe havoc we may create with all the special requests my associates and I have, I think of all the wonderful staff who were there to make sure our stay is exceptional.

To name just a few:

Gloria, in the restaurant, not only anticipates my breakfast order but would have it ready before leaving to the airport early in the morning. When I am left in London alone, she makes me feel comfortable alone and know that I have a smiling face waiting to greet me every day bright and early.

Giuseppe goes beyond duty to anticipate every need we have before I even address them to him. When I am coming and he is away, he even helps me while he is on holiday! His service is not only exceptional but one of a kind. Whenever I recommend the hotel to friends or family, they always come back back telling me how great he is.

Oliver at the Club Lounge is just amazing. Words are not enough to describe how exceptional he is and the praise that he deserves. The smile on his face, at any time of the day, is what keeps me coming back to this hotel several times a year. His attention to detail in the lounge is what makes it the best in London and has me craving their tea time day after day.

Both Oliver and Giuseppe have become more than hotel staff but friends who have made the Millennium not just some place that I stay half the year, but my home away from home.

I cannot end this note without mentioning others who make my stay such a success! Selam, Ramy, Artan, and Toby also play a key role in why I come back and keep me happy.

I have stayed in what are supposed to be the best and most luxurious hotels in London but the attention to detail, the cleanliness, and, of course, the staff at the Millennium Mayfair is truly unrivaled. When I am away, I cannot keep myself from missing my friends at the Millennium Mayfair.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business