“Well located for an indulgent visit to London”

Millennium Hotel London Mayfair
Ranked #455 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This hotel is beautifully located in London and the service is wonderful, as are the staff of the hotel. All in all very professional. The rooms are correct and clean. A little update wouldn't hurt the appearance. The hotel provides a lovely breakfast too. Best of all is how well located this hotel is and that we were able to make the most of walking the streets of Mayfair, very lovely, and Oxford Street.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,151)

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Right beside the american embassy in Mayfair London.
This is a high end area so the amount of bentleys and Rolls Royce will supprise you.

The hotel rooms are standard and all in all ok, but the service is outstanding.

Breakfast is allso very good with all you need.

The absolute best part is that you have walking distance to allmost everything.

this is an absolute garantied place to revisit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This hotel is charming and has just about everything you can ask for. There are two entrances (I guess a front and a back). The ambiance is very nice. The lobby is large with a bar/lounge to the left when you enter the revolving door entrance. It has a cozy nice atmosphere and the bartenders/waiters are wonderful! They even assisted my friend and I in getting our room a little faster. They were just lovely! Now the desk clerks, also delightful, courteous, friendly, can't say enough. Then the concierge (all shifts) - they assisted us all the time. Always with a smile. They were patient, personable, also can't say enough. They know their profession! The restaurant was lovely. I only ate breakfast there but it looked very inviting for dinner as well. There were two or three elevators that spoke to you. When you got off the elevator there was a lovely circular area and then different doors led to different groups of rooms. The room was comfortable, bed very comfortable, lighting good. I'm forgetting some details because we went to Nice afterward but all in all this was a lovely, comfortable hotel! The service was great and the Mayfair area is lovely, upscale, lots of good restaurants nearby, a very lively night life by the restaurants, etc. There's a huge park right outside the hotel. This hotel may not have been the closest to the center of London, but it was close enough for us and we're middle-aged. The American Embassy was right around the corner - by the park. I loved London and this hotel was wonderful.

Room Tip: I don't really know. Our room was comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank voyager314
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Stayed here this weekend for two nights, myself and boyfriend and my parents. We booked through travel zoo website and paid £130 a night inc breakfast and glass of prosecco each. We though it was really good value. I think it is quite a bit more normally, and breakfast is £22 each if not booked in advance.

Good points -

Great location in Mayfair, nice area, safe to walk out in the evening, and close to Oxford st and Hyde park
Breakfast was really good - so much choice, great service, kept us full for most of the day! Very nice dining area.
We did not eat in the hotel at night but it looked busy and smelled nice, they had a god set menu offer too, if we had not already had plans we would have tried the restaurant.
Rooms were spacious, our view was the back of the hotel but ok enough. Parents had a rubbish view but we weren't staying there form a view as such so no problem to us.
The beds were large and SO comfortable, the rooms were very quiet, no noise or disturbance.

Bad points -
We thought the drinks were really expensive, it was over £5 for a bottle of Peroni plus service charge took it to nearly £7, we thought this was a bit much, ESP as we ordered our drinks at the bar ourselves and they only had to bring it a few metres to our table.
The hair dryer in my parents room was really old, you had to keep pressing the button to work - a bit annoying, esp we had a good one, for what it costs why not provide all rooms with a decent hair dryer?
My parents had extra furniture in their room, a large cabinet with drawers, if we had been staying longer we could have done with this to put pants socks in etc, we just left them in the case and hung up other clothes in the wardrobe.
The bathroom was really small, and could do with a bit of an upgrade.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SMTSheffield
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I have a business meeting on Sep 21, 2012 morning, I arrived and stayed at this hotel on Sep 20 night. At 4:00 a.m. in the morning the fire alarm went off, I evacuated from the room to the lobby. The hotel was irresponsible, not following the proper safety procedures, not all guests evaluated, guests using elevators that were not locked off, guests were congested in the lobby (obstruct traffic), no clear explanation from the management of what happened. We I asked for more detail information of what cause the fire, and what corrective action has implemented, the Management refused to provide details and very impolitely expressed that "this is British standards". Of course there were no compensation or any source of apology to the guests, other than a very generic letter left at the door. In my opinion, it was very badly handled by the Management who I spoke to before I checked-out. Safety is the highest priority to our company policy and we found that it was very much lacking at this hotel, at least I was not satisfied with their answers to this incident. My client has a contract with this hotel for a commitment of minimum 100 nights per year, I will suggest that they pull the contract and went to other hotels. Safety and Quality were below my expectation!!

Room Tip: Don't do it
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Milli0nMilesTraveler
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My two teenage grandchildren and myself recently spent 4 nights at the Millennium. The room was great, spacious & well laid out and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We did a great deal of walking which the location made possible. All in all a great vacation.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen T
Reviewed 21 September 2012

From the stately lobby to the glass-enclosed breakfast terrace to the wonderfully appointed meeting rooms, this hotel added greatly to the success of our visit. The location is excellent for walking about with a great variety of restaurants and shops located nearby.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business