“Expensive but pulls it off”

Millennium Hotel London Mayfair
Ranked #421 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Winchester, England, United Kingdom
“Expensive but pulls it off”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Near the swanky Park Lane and in Mayfair the Millennium is an upstart hotel that just about holds its own in this uber posh area. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant but the rooms and location make the price just about tolerable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Oystermouthensis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed here on business. Check in efficient. Staff helpful and polite. Room a little tired but spacious. Bed comfortable. Room service food decent. Location comfortable. Not very cheap but 'normal' for location/ hotel class. Room a little noisy but was overlooking the square on lower floor so wasnt a surprise.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank mlohara
Hertfordshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my birthday celebration with a friend and was appalled by the way i was treated and to top it all off they charged me twice! upon arrival i was asked to pay for my stay in advance which i was happy to do, they also wanted a credit card to hold against the room incase i made any additional charges to the room which again i was happy to do. Once i had done so i continued to enjoy the rest of my weekend with my friends going out in London etc. However on both nights of my stay i found the rooms extremely hot and even the air conditioning did not cool the room down when they were left on all evening and night. Further to this my friend and i were woken up numerous times during the evening. Annoyingly on the last morning of our stay we were woken u by our hotel telephone ringing at 7:30am and 8:30am by reception who then hung up! Furthermore during the time we stayed i parked my car with the hotel, the concierge were extremely rude as i asked for my car keys so i could place my belongings back in the car on our departure. The gentleman would not give me my keys and opened the car himself telling me i wasn't allowed my own car keys back even though we were just about to check out. After much persuasion that i would be right back the gentleman gave me my car keys and i got my friend to sit in the car as i went to check out. However once i got to the check out i was mortified when they told me i had to pay for my stay again! i told them that i had already paid but the rude receptionist argued that they had only used the card "to swipe" for any additional charges i may have made on the room. Although i was sure i had already paid i felt embarrassed by the whole occasion and was convinced that they were telling me the truth and that they had only used my card as a holding. Unfortunately it was only once i got home and spoke to the bank that i had in fact been charged twice, utterly appalled and quite emotional about the ordeal a family member took over and rung the hotel who confirmed they had charged me twice! i really do not recommend this hotel to anyone and would probably say the only good thing about my experience was leaving.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Inds92
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I always stay at the Millennium Hotel in Mayfair but this time my stay was very unsatisfying. First of all I was over booked for my prepaid stay. Second, I was given a much smaller room than I had paid for because I had paid for a superior 36m room and was first given a tiny room not more than 15m and when I asked what sort of room I was appointed they said "superior" but when I mentioned that the superior was at least 36m they knew I wasn't fooled and instantly apologized and upgraded me to an even bigger room than the initial superior. I also upgraded one of the rooms I booked to a club room as the front desk told me that this room would entitle me to daily fresh fruit which I never saw and also unlimited internet service which never worked. I feel sorry for all those who book rooms in this hotel and are given smaller rooms thinking this is what they paid for and never say anything. I guess they didn't notice that I had stayed there many times and know how the rooms are sized.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Abdulmajid A
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

I am normally a Kensington Girl when visiting London but I had my daughter with me and only 48 hours to do London, shopping and all so I had to be in the thick of it, shopping wise. Harvey Nicholls, Harrords, Shelfridges, Regent St and my personal fav, Fenwicks on New Bond all nearby. This hotel would have had The Excellent rating had it not been for the Wi-Fi, I know this is a London wide issue but one would think after the Olympics and all, wi-fi would be improved. Other then this issue the hotel was great, room superb, the twins bed were actually separated unlike most of the twin rooms thru Europe, bathrooms good, breakfast unbelievable and the front of the house staff , well let's just say I would adopt them all, had an issue with BA and lost luggagen not an uncommon complaint I've been told. Having the park in front of the hotel was nice as well. We used the Hotel car to go to the airport which just cost slightly more then a cab to Paddington and Heathrow Express, great way to end a holiday.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gogogal55
kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

This was a very special trip as it was to celebrate my wife winning a competition; completing her PGCE course; & last, but by no means least, her birthday.
We arrived mid afternoon on Saturday & were given the choice of 2 suites - plumping for the one on the 7th floor. This had a view over Grosvenor Square; was very nicely appointed; Wi-Fi; large flat screen etc etc.
The chap at reception showed me to the suite (I'd dropped off my wife to do some shopping at Liberty), & gave me a guided tour! The whole check-in experience was fast, friendly & efficient.
We dined in the restaurant that evening (a separate review methinks!) & had a few extremely good cocktails in the bar. This was a very pleasant experience on both occasions, although the second was a little spoiled by a table of very noisy antipodeans.
The bed was supremely comfortable, with high quality linens; the sofa & chairs in the lounge area were newly upholstered; the bathroom was fairly large with a powerful shower & a very good sized bath.
All requests via both the concierge & room service were handled quickly & efficiently.
Before breakfast I used the gym, which was, for a central London hotel, actually pretty good & well equipped.
Breakfast was a buffet affair, served in the Avista restaurant, with food to cater for just about every need, every nationality, & every taste. The full English was extremely good.
All-in-all, a super stay in a very nice environment.

Room Tip: Try & get a room overlooking the square.