“Short stay in London”

Ranked #424 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Short stay in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a suite which included an English breakfast. The room was fantastic and the bedd was huge. We had complimentary fruit and robes. The position of the hotel was great and square in which it sat had lots of character property. I would thoroughly recommend this establishment. Even the price was good at £165.00 per night. For a London hotel with four stars, that is good value for money.

Room Tip: Go for a suite, it includes breakfast. At around twenty pounds each, it's worth it to save some...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mark W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband and I had a lovely time at the Millennium Mayfair.

The location is excellent! Walking distance to all the great shopping haunts and the room was very, very spacious.

We had two toilets which is always a good thing and the master bedroom has his/her sinks which every couple needs.

Breakfast in the mornings were a delight and the day always started right because we were greeted by Oliver Gaster (such a wonderful personality and an invaluable staff in my opinion). He was one of the reasons that made our stay such a delight. He took the initiative to inform us about the air/train strikes in France (We had to travel to France the next day). Do look for him as he has all the updated information you might need. I'm talking shopping sales as well.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MrsKhalisahWard
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

We have just stayed here for 3 nights to take in some shows. It's been a few years since we have stayed at this hotel but I have to say, it is still one of the best we have stayed in. Although its a bit pricey, you are paying for the location which is in the heart of Mayfair. Every member of staff is polite and friendly, always wishing you a good morning etc. Breakfasts although again a bit pricey are delicious and set you up for the day. The Pine Bar within the hotel is a great place to relax of an evening. It has a piano player and the staff are attentive and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel if you don't mind paying a bit extra for something a bit more special

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank GreyHLiverpool
Winchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Near the swanky Park Lane and in Mayfair the Millennium is an upstart hotel that just about holds its own in this uber posh area. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant but the rooms and location make the price just about tolerable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Oystermouthensis
paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed here on business. Check in efficient. Staff helpful and polite. Room a little tired but spacious. Bed comfortable. Room service food decent. Location comfortable. Not very cheap but 'normal' for location/ hotel class. Room a little noisy but was overlooking the square on lower floor so wasnt a surprise.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank mlohara
Hertfordshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my birthday celebration with a friend and was appalled by the way i was treated and to top it all off they charged me twice! upon arrival i was asked to pay for my stay in advance which i was happy to do, they also wanted a credit card to hold against the room incase i made any additional charges to the room which again i was happy to do. Once i had done so i continued to enjoy the rest of my weekend with my friends going out in London etc. However on both nights of my stay i found the rooms extremely hot and even the air conditioning did not cool the room down when they were left on all evening and night. Further to this my friend and i were woken up numerous times during the evening. Annoyingly on the last morning of our stay we were woken u by our hotel telephone ringing at 7:30am and 8:30am by reception who then hung up! Furthermore during the time we stayed i parked my car with the hotel, the concierge were extremely rude as i asked for my car keys so i could place my belongings back in the car on our departure. The gentleman would not give me my keys and opened the car himself telling me i wasn't allowed my own car keys back even though we were just about to check out. After much persuasion that i would be right back the gentleman gave me my car keys and i got my friend to sit in the car as i went to check out. However once i got to the check out i was mortified when they told me i had to pay for my stay again! i told them that i had already paid but the rude receptionist argued that they had only used the card "to swipe" for any additional charges i may have made on the room. Although i was sure i had already paid i felt embarrassed by the whole occasion and was convinced that they were telling me the truth and that they had only used my card as a holding. Unfortunately it was only once i got home and spoke to the bank that i had in fact been charged twice, utterly appalled and quite emotional about the ordeal a family member took over and rung the hotel who confirmed they had charged me twice! i really do not recommend this hotel to anyone and would probably say the only good thing about my experience was leaving.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Inds92
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I always stay at the Millennium Hotel in Mayfair but this time my stay was very unsatisfying. First of all I was over booked for my prepaid stay. Second, I was given a much smaller room than I had paid for because I had paid for a superior 36m room and was first given a tiny room not more than 15m and when I asked what sort of room I was appointed they said "superior" but when I mentioned that the superior was at least 36m they knew I wasn't fooled and instantly apologized and upgraded me to an even bigger room than the initial superior. I also upgraded one of the rooms I booked to a club room as the front desk told me that this room would entitle me to daily fresh fruit which I never saw and also unlimited internet service which never worked. I feel sorry for all those who book rooms in this hotel and are given smaller rooms thinking this is what they paid for and never say anything. I guess they didn't notice that I had stayed there many times and know how the rooms are sized.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Abdulmajid A