“Fabulous location!”

Millennium Hotel London Mayfair
Ranked #451 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 November 2013

For a weekend of shopping, this hotel is perfectly located! Bond Street, Regent Street and Oxford Street are a matter of just a few minutes walk away. Nice room, rather small bathroom but this lack of space was more than compensated for by possibly one of the best hotel showers I have ever experienced. Breakfast was shambolic and rather poor given the cost. Silly things like no butter to go with toast or croissants...just empty plates with a butter knife and a smear of butter left...in the half an hour I was having my breakfast, not one member of staff made any attempt to replenish it either....however, this was not the end of the world and represents a minor irritation rather than a huge criticism....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,150)

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I must admit i didnt know if i had done the right thing in booking this hotel after reading reviews on tripadviser, but let me put all minds at rest.......This hotel is just brilliant, nothing was to much trouble in fact the staff were some of the most friendly and helpful people that i have met.The room was great very clean and not in the least in need of a good spring clean, the breakfast amazing and the evening meal fab (probably a little more would be nice).All in all a great stay.Finally i would like to send a BIG THANK YOU to all at the Millennium for a wonderful stay and we will be back again for sure.

Room Tip: If you are not satisfied with anything please tell the reception staff in the right manner and they...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Janet H
Reviewed 31 October 2013

You are paying for the location and for the upscale feel of the hotel. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. My favourite part of the hotel was its old world charm. Location was okay but you still had to walk about 5-8 minutes to the closest tube stop. If you want to shop, this is the hotel for you because you're in the middle of great shopping and you don't need to take the tube. The staff at the front desk were a bit of a hit and miss - some were great while others looked annoyed by customers. The best staff in my eyes were the concierge guys - always helpful and always on the ball with their recommendations and reservations. Take the Jack the Ripper Tour from London Walks - it was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I choose this hotel purely on its location . Thanks to hotels.com I received a discount but i still felt for what you received its well over priced. However as I said location was key. The hotel is in need of upgrading its tired and oppressive the room (standard double 2 nights £388 because of my discount - room only) was relatively clean but shabby and not in the shabby chic way.You had the usual amenities kettle, mini fridge and TV with a view of what looked like air conditioning system but someone has to have that view. The wall paper was peeling, scratches on furniture bathroom had an old shower old tiles which were grubby and unappealing .Not what i expected at all as I have stayed in Millennium hotels in London and they have been much better.I do not know if it was because I had a discount that I has a substandard room or if this is the norm.
Although I am disappointed in the appearance of the hotel there are pros such as the location its only 5 minutes from Selfridges on Oxford Street and Bond street underground only 5-8 minutes away, and if your going to the US consulate for a visa its just across the road.
We had room service which runs until 11pm the menu was extremely sparse but the food we received was excellent could not be faulted along with the polite efficient waiter who delivered it. But be warned there is a hefty surcharge for delivery . I cant comment on the hotel restaurants but if the food we ate from room service is anything to go by am sure it will be good.
The reception staff were lovely very helpful and polite which is always a plus. As my stay was only for 2 nights I could put up with the room but any longer I would expect much better.
Location ,location is all well and good but to charge the room prices you have to offer more.

Room Tip: Try and get a front facing room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SifiHappy
Reviewed 31 October 2013

What a lovely hotel!! I chose this hotel as a last minute decision in September, and was not disappointed.

I booked a Club Room, which was lovely and spacious, and the service was great - Turndowns offered in the evenings, fast service when I required shirts to be pressed, and the club lounge staff were also attentive and helpful when I required an international plug for my laptop. The compimentary breakfast, drinks etc were also decent and room service was also nice enough to meet my demands, such as a late night eton mess dessert!! Concierge also lent me an umbrella when it was wet outside. Although some say it is a busy hotel, I did not experience any delays when checking in or out.

It was also a short walk to Oxford street for a bit of shopping, and catching a train- easy. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank CaughtBriEye
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Compared to competition in the area and in other big cities around the world this apparent 4 star hotel has tired decor, less than efficient staff, light bulbs not working etc etc.

On check in we were suggested to upgrade our room as they 'thought' we would not want the standard room. They were right, it was tiny, tired, musty smelling and just completely inadequate for the star ratings this hotel markets itself. We upgraded at £90 pounds a night and although bigger, the room was just as tired and poorly maintained.

We had access to the club room which had prosecco (not champagne which were told was there) and virtually no snacks apart from some nuts and fruit. Club rooms in even 4 star hotels have small portions of hot food.

We tried to order some room service at midnight and could not get through to the department. The operator kept answering saying that she would leave a message with them and they would call back. Again not acceptable service for the price were paying.

We went to a wedding at the Connaught which is iconic, beautiful and classic. Service was amazing and in fact we would have paid the same price in the end if we stayed there and our experience would have been amazing, not dissappointing.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soflie
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here for a week for a conference and was a little disappointed in the overall experience; it seems to be a hotel where the owners have decided that the location means that they don't have to try overly hard.

First the positives; the hotel has a great location and is close to all manner of hotels, restaurants, bars, shops etc.

The negatives were that Firstly, any London hotel that wants business customers should have free wifi. (The price of the wifi per night was ridiculous) Fortunately I was with a conference and so could use the conference wifi code. The night before the conference i chose to sit in a starbucks close by to use the free wifi with my 2.50 pounds fifty coffee instead of my 300 pound hotel room!

The rooms were a bit tired and need updating with better quality fittings. Compared to the Guoman group hotels Millenium really needs to step up it's game.

The conference facilities were also older but worked well enough.

Based on my experience I would not go back considering the amount of decent hotels on offer in London.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business