“Very good location”

Ranked #423 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Very good location”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel is perfectly located just a couple of minutes walk from Oxford Street. All the staff was really friendly and they served one of the best afternoon teas I've ever had.

We stayed only one night in a club room (204) but that was a bit of a disappointment. It looked nice and the bathroom was newly renovated but it had a weird smell in it (mould?). There was no visible mould where the smell was the strongest (right in the entrance of the room where you hang the clothes) but the odour was definitely there.

The club lounge was nothing to recomment either, they only had wine, beer and soft drinks. So in order to have your Gin and Tonic you had to go to the bar on the ground floor anyway.

We did have an excellent meal in the hotel's italian restaurant though, I can really recommend dining there. And the breakfast buffet was good too with plenty of fresh fruits and they kept re-filling the plates until they closed. It has happened to me in many hotels that most dishes are empty if you arrive half an hour before breakfast closes. The only minus here was that we had to wait in line for quite a while before getting a table.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Susanna I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I usually stay in this hotel when come to London. The location is excellent, a hotel is very good, staff is polite and helpful. But I started noticing that cleaning service is getting worse. Once they forget to put cotton tabs, next time my room was uncleaned till evening. These are small things but as you've probably heard "devil is in details"

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sv-Ika M
KarenTurner, Executive Assistant at Millennium Hotel London Mayfair, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our Hotel.

It was disappointing to read that our Housekeeping team failed deliver their usual high standard of service on this occasion and we are very sorry for this.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Millennium Mayfair again soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My recent stay in this hotel was not a good experience.

The only positive about my stay, was the check-in process done by Francesca. After that, the overall service was very poor and the staff was not even close to being professional. I found them to be arrogant and disrespectful.

For most of the questions that I asked, I received very poor responses. The only thing that was correct, was the location of the metro stations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank 282Tourist
KarenTurner, Executive Assistant at Millennium Hotel London Mayfair, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Millennium Mayfair.

We pride ourselves on delivering a warm and friendly service to our guests and to read your comments is a great disappointment. We would welcome the chance to address any specific areas of concern you may have and would be grateful if you could contact us direct via email: customerrelations.mayfair@millenniumhotels.co.uk

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Considering this was a 4 star hotel I was pretty disappointed. I stayed in room 562 & the bathroom is in desperate need of updating. I would expect this type of shabbiness from a 2 or even a 3 star.
The curtains were littered with black mould also.
Other than that, the bed was comfortable & the room was clean

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Dionne S
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Millennium Mayfair and for bringing your concerns over your room to our attention.

We are truly sorry that your accommodation failed to meet your expecations. Please be assured any issues will be addressed and the bathroom will be brought back to the expected standard.

We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This trip to London was a combination work/pleasure. Choosing the Mayfair Millennium was the right choice. The Club Level staff is excellent. Selam Semere deservs this public expression of gratitude. I needed to share these few examples as they are exemplary. I am running a small silicon valley startup and a new slide deck was produced and needed to be printed. Having trouble with the printer, Selam said, "please, send to me and I will get it printed." Well, within the time it took me to enjoy a cup of coffee, she brought the document to me printed, and professionally bound. I was so thankful. My iPad charger was malfunctioning and Oliver was quick to remedy the problem, and both made sure each time I arrived to see that I had anything I needed (and sometimes things I did not know I needed - cookies) whether it was a train schedule, or a glass of bubbly.

Also, the entire staff, and especially Selam and Oliver made every effort to assure that I felt the comforts of home. As I'm traveling alone, the club level also became a place to meet other interesting and delightful travelers. I think I will stay in touch with several other guests.

Thank you Trip Advisor for this public forum to give us the podium to share these excellent experiences. Selam Semere, Oliver, thank you for making this trip to memorable. I will be sure to return.

Room Tip: I may have to report on this after my next stay, but for now, I'd like to add that the room was...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeanine M
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments with your fellow Tripadvisors.

It was extremely kind of you to highlight our Club Lounge team for praise. They do indeed deliver exceptional service and we are delighted they made your stay memorable.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Mayfair when you return to London.

With kind regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My friend and I went to try out the afternoon tea as part of a amazonlocal deal. On our arrival I showed them the voucher code on my phone which seems to be sufficient at other venues, however, at the time of booking the table they failed to tell me that they would need a printed voucher. We felt a bit embarrassed about this but nonetheless were shown to our table. Once seated I was told to email them the voucher code, which I did straight away. We were promptly served a glass of champagne and almost immediately the tea, followed promptly by the cake stand including the sandwiches. We felt a bit overwhelmed as everything was served at the same time.

The bottom plate contained the finger sandwiches which were ok but not all to our taste, but that's our personal preference and nothing detrimental about the quality, we just left the ones we didn't like. The second tier plate had the scones which unfortunately were very dry and sadly the clotted cream was very solid, more like fridge cold butter which made it hard to spread without crumbling the scones to pieces. The jam and lemon curd was very nice though. During our scones the restaurant manager came to our table and loudly exclaimed that he needed the voucher, much to the interest of our fellow guests. We felt it was inappropriate timing, as we were mid bite and this could perhaps have been resolved after we had finished. The situation was finally resolved by my friend taking a picture on her phone of the voucher on my phone to email them.....again!!!

The final tier had the cakes. The tart and couple of the cake slices were lacking flavour and consistency. The creme brûlée and eaton mess mousse were very nice. We noticed that other tables were served a chocolate cake as part of their selection. It looked really nice.

The staff were very efficient, in fact so efficient that we were barely left in peace for a minute before the cake stand plates were cleared as soon as a tier was finished, rather than leaving the cake stand intact until the end. In fact they even took the last plate off, placed it on the table and disappeared with the stand which seemed a bit odd. The whole experience felt a bit hurried and not as relaxing as we had anticipated.

To summarise, the restaurant manager could have handled 'voucher gate' a bit more professionally, the staff were very attentive and nice, the scones and cakes get a thumb down but the champagne, creme brûlée and tea was very good.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank cbuk3625
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and location is excellent. Nearest tube is Bond Street but do check the news on underground improvements as central line will not stop at Bond Street till Jul 2014 and thereafter Jubilee Line wont stop there till Nov 2014 (best to get the latest off the web). The room is a little worn though lobby area is quite grand. No bathroom slippers and had to request for it. Took about 20min for room service to respond.
Reception and conceirge staff were generally good but I felt a little slighted by one staff (Kam) who seemed a little impatient. House keeping was daily with turn down service only on last two days (inconsistent). I also had to request for body wash on two occasions as it was not provided in the daily servicing (no issue with shampoo or conditioner or body lotion though--inconsistent). House keeping also provided water on only 1 day (I am not sure if it should be daily -- inconsistent again).

I would strongly suggest though that wifi be provided FOC in line with the practice almost world wide. Millennium seems singularly stuck in the bygone era where £10 charge is levied for 24hrs of useage and £5 for 4hrs. Absurd.

Overall decent value for money. Check their offers as it can be a real steal if you manage to book your room then.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple