“Location, location, location”

Ranked #424 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Millennium Mayfair is a classic old lady who may be fraying a little around the edges but for the location I would definitely return.
We stayed for six nights in a club room, which was huge. The most disappointing aspect of the room was the ugly view over the portico roof of the air conditioning units. I could've paid less and got a beautiful view of the park.
Breakfast in the club lounge was handy, but it was probably easy enough to grab a bite to eat from the shops nearby.
The location was simply the best, with an easy walk in any direction taking you to a place you would like to be.
The cocktail bar was very pleasant and a great place for a drink or two with friends.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Moretravel68
KarenTurner, Executive Assistant at Millennium Hotel London Mayfair, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting a review of your last stay at the Millennium Mayfair.

It was good to read that, overall, you enjoyed your stay, and found our location to be convenient for your needs. The layout of our building is such that, unfortunately, not all rooms have a view of the Grosvenor Square garden and of course, these are very popular. Ahead of any future visit, do please contact us via: customerrelations.mayfair@millenniumhotels.co.uk with your request and we will do our best to allocate you a room overlooking the square.

We are aware that the appearance of the hotel can, in some areas, appear a little tired and in need of updating. We are working hard to address these issues and are confident you will see an improvement on a future visit to the Hotel. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Our family of four was extremely happy in Suite 425, view to gardens, massive king bed + single in 1 large room, bed sofa in 2nd room, 2 full bathrooms, 2 TVs, and importantly, WiFi (teens!) and breakfast all included, no fuss. Service high quality, nothing too much trouble. Superb location enabling us to walk to many places/sites /castles, tube (Bond St & Marble Arch) very close & cabs too... Location has a price, but it was worth it.

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank SwAussies
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel is perfectly located just a couple of minutes walk from Oxford Street. All the staff was really friendly and they served one of the best afternoon teas I've ever had.

We stayed only one night in a club room (204) but that was a bit of a disappointment. It looked nice and the bathroom was newly renovated but it had a weird smell in it (mould?). There was no visible mould where the smell was the strongest (right in the entrance of the room where you hang the clothes) but the odour was definitely there.

The club lounge was nothing to recomment either, they only had wine, beer and soft drinks. So in order to have your Gin and Tonic you had to go to the bar on the ground floor anyway.

We did have an excellent meal in the hotel's italian restaurant though, I can really recommend dining there. And the breakfast buffet was good too with plenty of fresh fruits and they kept re-filling the plates until they closed. It has happened to me in many hotels that most dishes are empty if you arrive half an hour before breakfast closes. The only minus here was that we had to wait in line for quite a while before getting a table.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Susanna I
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I usually stay in this hotel when come to London. The location is excellent, a hotel is very good, staff is polite and helpful. But I started noticing that cleaning service is getting worse. Once they forget to put cotton tabs, next time my room was uncleaned till evening. These are small things but as you've probably heard "devil is in details"

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sv-Ika M
KarenTurner, Executive Assistant at Millennium Hotel London Mayfair, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our Hotel.

It was disappointing to read that our Housekeeping team failed deliver their usual high standard of service on this occasion and we are very sorry for this.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Millennium Mayfair again soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My recent stay in this hotel was not a good experience.

The only positive about my stay, was the check-in process done by Francesca. After that, the overall service was very poor and the staff was not even close to being professional. I found them to be arrogant and disrespectful.

For most of the questions that I asked, I received very poor responses. The only thing that was correct, was the location of the metro stations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank 282Tourist
KarenTurner, Executive Assistant at Millennium Hotel London Mayfair, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Millennium Mayfair.

We pride ourselves on delivering a warm and friendly service to our guests and to read your comments is a great disappointment. We would welcome the chance to address any specific areas of concern you may have and would be grateful if you could contact us direct via email: customerrelations.mayfair@millenniumhotels.co.uk

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Considering this was a 4 star hotel I was pretty disappointed. I stayed in room 562 & the bathroom is in desperate need of updating. I would expect this type of shabbiness from a 2 or even a 3 star.
The curtains were littered with black mould also.
Other than that, the bed was comfortable & the room was clean

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Dionne S
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the Millennium Mayfair and for bringing your concerns over your room to our attention.

We are truly sorry that your accommodation failed to meet your expecations. Please be assured any issues will be addressed and the bathroom will be brought back to the expected standard.

We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This trip to London was a combination work/pleasure. Choosing the Mayfair Millennium was the right choice. The Club Level staff is excellent. Selam Semere deservs this public expression of gratitude. I needed to share these few examples as they are exemplary. I am running a small silicon valley startup and a new slide deck was produced and needed to be printed. Having trouble with the printer, Selam said, "please, send to me and I will get it printed." Well, within the time it took me to enjoy a cup of coffee, she brought the document to me printed, and professionally bound. I was so thankful. My iPad charger was malfunctioning and Oliver was quick to remedy the problem, and both made sure each time I arrived to see that I had anything I needed (and sometimes things I did not know I needed - cookies) whether it was a train schedule, or a glass of bubbly.

Also, the entire staff, and especially Selam and Oliver made every effort to assure that I felt the comforts of home. As I'm traveling alone, the club level also became a place to meet other interesting and delightful travelers. I think I will stay in touch with several other guests.

Thank you Trip Advisor for this public forum to give us the podium to share these excellent experiences. Selam Semere, Oliver, thank you for making this trip to memorable. I will be sure to return.

Room Tip: I may have to report on this after my next stay, but for now, I'd like to add that the room was...