“Standard hotel in a great location”

Hilton London Green Park
Ranked #625 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed in Hilton London Green Park for 4 nights during Mar12.
Although the location is great & the room was clean, we were disappointed because it did not meet Hilton standards nor its high price!

We had a twin room with 2 very narrow beds, there was no refrigerator & you could here everything from the corridor. Bathroom was clean but the shower pressure was low.

Breakfast was OK with very helpful staff.

Location is great. Walking distance from Green park station 2' and Picadilly circus 10'.
NO free WiFI in the room

If you are looking for a Hilton experience in London, try the Hilton Trafalgar hotel...the best by far

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 April 2012

This is actually a 3 star hotel 9do not expect typical Hilton 4 star quality). If you keep that in mind, you will love this place. The upside: The beds are platform, so the mattresses are quite firm (which I love) and the hotel was very clean. There is tea and coffee in the room so starting the day is pretty easy, too. Around the corner are a Pret a Manger (a sandwich chain that is very reliable) and a Starbucks for those of you who need your American coffee fix. The Green Park tube stop makes it an easy and cheap trip from Heathrow on the Picadilly line and Having the Jubilee and Victoria lines at the same stop makes it a great way to get anywhere in town. Staff are quite nice and helpful. The downside: Some rooms are over the bar, that while it closes at 11, sometimes runs late, so it can be noisy (avoid rooms higher than the number 44 (like 146). There are many steps from the elevator to the last rooms on the floor. The floors are very noisy, too (old and creeky covered by old carpeting). Overall, worth staying, especially if you use the pre-purchase rates.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We chose to stay at this hotel on the last two nights of our most recent visit to the UK. We'd never been here before, but chose it because we generally like staying at Hilton brand hotels, and thought its location, near Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace, would suit us nicely.

Arriving at the hotel was a snap, as the Green Park Underground stop is less than a three minute walk away. The hotel isn't much to look at from the street, being as it's in the center of London, on a quite narrow street. But the lobby was nice, and our greeting once inside couldn't have been friendlier. I was especially pleased to have been recognized as a Hilton Honors member, which made me feel even more welcome.

Once we got to our room, however, things took a somewhat darker turn. I mean this literally, as the ground floor room we were assigned was both small and dark, with the window looking out into an air-shaft. I was even more concerned, when I did my standard bed-sit, to find that the mattress was very hard indeed. With my back problems, this rock hard mattress could mean trouble.

Happily, I made it through the night okay, but the real trouble came in the morning while we were at breakfast, which we ate in the hotel restaurant. The breakfast was fine by the way, being a well laid out and generous buffet, and was well priced, at the special price of £10. If it had been the regular £25 however, I would have felt badly used.

When we got back to our room I went into the bathroom to discover that the ceiling had leaked all over the sink and floor while we were out. After showing my wife this mess I called guest services to inform them of this problem. The response we got to this call was immediate. Someone form the hotel was in our room less than five minutes later and were informed that we'd be moved to another room that morning, which we were. And, happily, the room we were moved to was much nicer, and higher up, than the one we'd vacated, so a potentially disastrous situation was resolved quickly, and to our benefit.

This speaks well to me of the staff at The Green Park Hotel who, almost to a person, were friendly, helpful and pleasant. They made our stay much more enjoyable. Now, if only they'd get more comfy beds.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WellTravelledNuts
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This hotel is within walking distance of Green Park tube - which put's it in our prime location for a leisure break in London. True, it's not really a destination hotel in itself but we found the service efficient and friendly. No frills but no problems either.
Our room was just the standard but we did have a street view and higher floor so all was well. We were offered lots of upgrades at check in - bit like picking up a hire car - but none taken. Furnishings were simple but in decent condition and clean. Our only gripe was the tea/coffee tray which had to be taken from it's stand across the room to the nearest electrical socket every time we used it. Like all Hilton's - there's no free wi-fi. Surely this can't go on much longer? You even get this service in coffee shops these days.
Othere reviewers have said that this hotel needs refurbishment. It does - and could command a much higher room rate if it were upgraded. However, see this as an opportunity. We got a great deal here via an online agent and afforded an extra night based on that. Don't pay full rate (there are better hotels if you are paying that) but get a deal and don't think twice. In this location, it's a perfectly decent hotel - and it's a bargain.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rambler
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed three nights over a weekend at the beginning of April. It's been approximately 15 years since I stayed at this property, before Hilton added it to their ever increasing portfolio. The foyer is well appointed and smart in appearance and Check in was professional and friendly, a good start I thought. I took the opportunity to upgrade to a double room for more space for an extra £5 per night. I also purchased three breakfast vouchers for £10 each. For a Mayfair hotel for a full English breakfast, which was more than acceptable in its quality and quantity, £10 was a bargain.

The room itself was smart in appearance with the usual amenities, the exception being the lack of a mini bar which I would have used to chill a bottle i'd brought with me and undoubtedly bought a couple of drinks from. The bathroom was pleasant although the positioning of the toilet roll and spare roll holder meant you couldn't sit straight on the afore mentioned toilet! The room came equipped with a safe, no extra charges and no need to make a trip to concierge to retrieve an item! The bed was comfortable and generally the room was laid out well...oh and not forgetting the walk in wardrobe. I suspect that with the nature of this building being several smaller buildings knocked together that many of the room shapes and sizes will be unique. The floor levels change frequently, making the place quite quirky and a welcome change to the purpose built corporate premises we're used to. Other than for breakfast I never used the restaurant but i did have a cocktail in the bar with a couple of friends. Not cheap, but service again was quick and efficient and the cocktail was well put together.

Bad points....It may be petty but the worst part of the stay was having the door knocked on at 8am..."housekeeping"..... Yes, I knew I was checking out that day..but do they really need to wake a guest at 8am when checkout time is 12pm? No mini bar / fridge. TV is a typical menu system, perhaps I'm old fashioned but very few hotels appear to have a TV system that goes to TV without an endless list of options these days!

Good points. Clean premises, smart comfortable rooms. Housekeeping appear to do a good job...albeit with a willingness to start a little early. Decent and good value breakfast. Location is brilliant, yards from Piccadilly, 2 minutes from Green Park Tube, yards from Shepherds Market. ALL the staff I encountered were professional and friendly.

There are several hotels in the area that in my opinion do a good job, I would certainly consider this one again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2012

For the cost I expected more although, like another reviewer (igar75) I feel that there is always something missing at Hilton properties. It is not the staff (generallymost helpful) but perhaps the ethos - the 'hard sell' attitude - honestly, it is ridiculous to charge £3.50 for the bottle of water. All of that aside, the location is what makes it - the breakfast is very good also.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

As a seasoned business traveler, when traveling by myself selecting a hotel is pretty easy but trying to select the right hotel for a family of four is a bit tricky. As a Hilton honors member I prefer Hilton and read the reviews of the Hilton Green Park and booked it. It was one of the few hotels that can accommodate a family of four in one room versus having to purchase two separate rooms. Plus I booked the bed breakfast and dinner rate which included a spacious room, a full buffet breakfast each morning and dinner every evening (appetizer, entree and even dessert). What a deal! This alone was worth it but what made the visit extra special was being treated as a special guest from Geneiveve at the front desk to the incredibly F&B staff including Vinay, Andrew, Jessica and Sylvie and Vinod! I can go on and on. While the hotel can use some updating I've stayed at luxury properties where the staff could care less so I would take the Hilton Green Park any day.

I am writing this while still staying at the hotel and just want to thank the staff for making my children's fist visit to London and my son's first international trip, extra special!

Stayed: April 2012