I am from the north. The mere thought of sauntering through Mayfair gets my juices flowing and with such a delicious pot of gold at the end of this rainbow my brisk stride became a gentle jog. The subtle signage of the Hilton entered my line of view and I entered through the revolving doors as smoothly as would be expected at such a reputable establishment. It must have recently been treated with a lubricating/water displacing spray such as WD-40 to allow such effortless operation. I've used many a revolving door in my time, and I'd be as bold as to say it is the best I've ever used.
We were welcomed warmly and whisked straight into the Tiger Green Brasserie by a lady with a lovely smile. She asked how my day was, and I told her how good it had been as I had been offered a management position at work. I was delighted at this and various staff members congratulated me. We were ushered to our seats and I placed my mighty fine derriere upon one of the finest seats I have ever found in a dining room. It was the perfect accompaniment to what was sure to be a top quality scran.
Bloke brought bread over and the butter was divine.
Duck breast for starter, no complaints.
Steak for main was top drawer.
Creme Brulee for dessert was fantastic.
The manager offered me and my mate a free drink at the bar, which was a very nice gesture. I asked for a Havana 7 and coke. I was served this by the faultless barman, Kempton. He was friendly, hospitable and was a wonderful ambassador for the Hilton. Even when spoke to like a piece of dirt by a pompous, stuck up posh git, he remained professional and provided a great service.
Top Gaff, top scran and most importantly a top set of lads.
I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton London Green Park hotel is set between the leafy Royal Parks and the shops of Oxford, Regent and Bond Street. The stylish Georgian townhouse hotel is just 45 minutes by train from Heathrow Airport, and within easy walking distance to London attractions like Buckingham Palace, Westminster and Harrods. Boasting a traditional exterior with a contemporary interior, the hotel is a 3 minute walk away from Green Park Tube Station. Enjoy modern International cuisine at the Tiger Green Brasserie, sip afternoon tea and gin creations in the Berry Bar & Lounge or enjoy the 24-hour Room Service. The Hilton London Green Park hotel has state-of-the-art climate control system in all rooms, allowing guests to individually regulate their room’s temperature at the touch of a button.Steeped in history, dating back to the 1730’s, the Hilton London Green Park hotel is situated in one of London’s most prestigious locations. London’s “City” district is a quick tube or taxi ride away, yet within a short stroll of the hotel guests can experience the vibrancy and culture of the West End and Theatreland or Mayfair’s exclusive designer stores, restaurants, bars and the famous Royal parks of Central London.The Hilton London Green Park hotel offers wireless internet access, 5 conference and meeting rooms for 2 to 100, a conservatory in the restaurant and a 24-hour business centre. Canary Wharf is accessible via a direct tube link from Green Park on the Jubilee line. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton London Green Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Green Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton