“a hilton? .....really?”

Ranked #561 of 1,063 Hotels in London
canvey island
“a hilton? .....really?”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Had a christmas afternoon tea at The Hilton Green Park, disapointed. The sandwiches, cake, tea and half glass of champagne were fine but the rest not so. I would not return or recommend. I cant believe this was a Hilton, have never been to a Hilton before, admittedly, but this is most certainly is not how I imagined one. The carpets were dirty, the furniture grim and worn looking. Despite the time of year, not a festive decorative effort in sight. Other hotels nearby had tasteful christms touches and looked cosy and inviting, this one...not so. Afternoon tea srarts at 1pm and we arrived too early at 12:45 but were not allowed to be seated and were told to wait in the reception area.grim. However, when 1 o'clock came they did not even collect us, we had to come back ourselves and then state again why we were here. We were taken to a table, but the waitress did not even take my coat, I had to hang it on the back of my chair (it was a long coat so hung on the floor!). Considering we were first in the dining area I was disappointed to find remnants of food, not small crumbs but crusts, on the carpet underneath the table. So not only was carpet stained it was also not even hoovered. Nasty. As I have said, the food and drink were nice (a full glass of champagne would have been better though). However, once the food and tea had been served...the service ended. So we ended up just getting up and leaving? No thankyou for coming, come again. I can only presume this hotel is the poor relative, or overspill, of the park lane Hilton around the corner.
There was one positive to the experience, it is just a stones throw from hyde park and we were able to have a festive stroll around the christmas market.
A poor experience I'm afraid, disappointing, have had better service/surroundings in a costa.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here and cannot say how lovely this hotel is. The staff was amazing, especially the manager Mohammed. I feel like location is so important for a trip and this is in Mayfair, which is absolutely gorgeous, "high-end" and so close to many attracttions. Love this hotel!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Massively overpriced and under achieving hotel. mold, damp and noisy rooms. uneven and lumpy beds. massively over priced bar (£12.60 for 2 pints of lager, I know it's London but really?) and staff that don't really want you there at all. Avoid this if you have a choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Glenleester

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights with my husband at the end of October. We decided to treat ourselves and booked a suite. To say we were a little underwhelmed when we walked into our suite was an understatement ! The room was certainly large and spacious but it was so dated and the quality of the furniture was poor. Probably the most disappointing was the bathroom - it was huge but it had a really old fashioned bath with a shower overhead and a shower curtain - no separate walk in shower - extremely disappointing for a Hilton Suite ! We ate in the hotel restaurant on the first night and it was nice, food was tasty and presented well & friendly attentive staff. We also had a few drinks in the bar which is very pleasant with nice comfy chairs and good service. Breakfast again was nice and served until 11am which is a bonus. Bottom line would I stay here again - because of the rooms - no.

• Stayed October 2013
Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Have stayed here a number of times, but last time was more then 5 years ago. Service is very good Reception efficient and quick checking/out. Staff very helpful. Breakfast was great, but expensive, £ 14 per person if prepaid. It was obvious the hotel is due for an upgrading, but we were comfortable and the beds are very good. 3 minutes walk to Green Park subway station is a real advantage. Shepherds garden is just around the corner with plenty of small, but good restaurants and full English breakfast at £ 7.50
In room internet was expensive, but Starbucks in the neighborhood offer it for free!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I am from the north. The mere thought of sauntering through Mayfair gets my juices flowing and with such a delicious pot of gold at the end of this rainbow my brisk stride became a gentle jog. The subtle signage of the Hilton entered my line of view and I entered through the revolving doors as smoothly as would be expected at such a reputable establishment. It must have recently been treated with a lubricating/water displacing spray such as WD-40 to allow such effortless operation. I've used many a revolving door in my time, and I'd be as bold as to say it is the best I've ever used.

We were welcomed warmly and whisked straight into the Tiger Green Brasserie by a lady with a lovely smile. She asked how my day was, and I told her how good it had been as I had been offered a management position at work. I was delighted at this and various staff members congratulated me. We were ushered to our seats and I placed my mighty fine derriere upon one of the finest seats I have ever found in a dining room. It was the perfect accompaniment to what was sure to be a top quality scran.

Bloke brought bread over and the butter was divine.

Duck breast for starter, no complaints.
Steak for main was top drawer.
Creme Brulee for dessert was fantastic.

The manager offered me and my mate a free drink at the bar, which was a very nice gesture. I asked for a Havana 7 and coke. I was served this by the faultless barman, Kempton. He was friendly, hospitable and was a wonderful ambassador for the Hilton. Even when spoke to like a piece of dirt by a pompous, stuck up posh git, he remained professional and provided a great service.

To summarise;

Top Gaff, top scran and most importantly a top set of lads.

I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank THEDMAC
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed in September. Arrived very early at 9 am, so room was not available but receptionist did her best to get me checked in but as I expected it was not possible on a busy Saturday morning, but effort was appreciated. Left bag and arranged to come back at 1 pm. Location hard to beat, just off Piccadilly. When I returned at 1 pm room ready and requested upgrade to deluxe room offered at very reasonable rate. Room on 2nd floor very tastefully decorated and while street facing very quiet. Had pre-theatre dinner in restaurant, food OK & wine good. Restaurant prices typical for central London - pretty high!!! Good nights sleep in large comfortable bed, no noise from corridor(banging doors etc) which I always find very annoying. This was distinct plus point. Bathroom spacious and well appointed.On Sunday morning 5 minute wait for breakfast but this was not too surprising as everyone wants late breakfast on a Sunday so short wait to be expected and well handled. Food on offer for breakfast top quality and service very friendly. Check out very efficient and friendly like check in and bill accurate. I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo