Had a christmas afternoon tea at The Hilton Green Park, disapointed. The sandwiches, cake, tea and half glass of champagne were fine but the rest not so. I would not return or recommend. I cant believe this was a Hilton, have never been to a Hilton before, admittedly, but this is most certainly is not how I imagined one. The carpets were dirty, the furniture grim and worn looking. Despite the time of year, not a festive decorative effort in sight. Other hotels nearby had tasteful christms touches and looked cosy and inviting, this one...not so. Afternoon tea srarts at 1pm and we arrived too early at 12:45 but were not allowed to be seated and were told to wait in the reception area.grim. However, when 1 o'clock came they did not even collect us, we had to come back ourselves and then state again why we were here. We were taken to a table, but the waitress did not even take my coat, I had to hang it on the back of my chair (it was a long coat so hung on the floor!). Considering we were first in the dining area I was disappointed to find remnants of food, not small crumbs but crusts, on the carpet underneath the table. So not only was carpet stained it was also not even hoovered. Nasty. As I have said, the food and drink were nice (a full glass of champagne would have been better though). However, once the food and tea had been served...the service ended. So we ended up just getting up and leaving? No thankyou for coming, come again. I can only presume this hotel is the poor relative, or overspill, of the park lane Hilton around the corner.
There was one positive to the experience, it is just a stones throw from hyde park and we were able to have a festive stroll around the christmas market.
A poor experience I'm afraid, disappointing, have had better service/surroundings in a costa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton London Green Park hotel is set between the leafy Royal Parks and the shops of Oxford, Regent and Bond Street. The stylish Georgian townhouse hotel is just 45 minutes by train from Heathrow Airport, and within easy walking distance to London attractions like Buckingham Palace, Westminster and Harrods. Boasting a traditional exterior with a contemporary interior, the hotel is a 3 minute walk away from Green Park Tube Station. Enjoy modern International cuisine at the Tiger Green Brasserie, sip afternoon tea and gin creations in the Berry Bar & Lounge or enjoy the 24-hour Room Service. The Hilton London Green Park hotel has state-of-the-art climate control system in all rooms, allowing guests to individually regulate their room’s temperature at the touch of a button.Steeped in history, dating back to the 1730’s, the Hilton London Green Park hotel is situated in one of London’s most prestigious locations. London’s “City” district is a quick tube or taxi ride away, yet within a short stroll of the hotel guests can experience the vibrancy and culture of the West End and Theatreland or Mayfair’s exclusive designer stores, restaurants, bars and the famous Royal parks of Central London.The Hilton London Green Park hotel offers wireless internet access, 5 conference and meeting rooms for 2 to 100, a conservatory in the restaurant and a 24-hour business centre. Canary Wharf is accessible via a direct tube link from Green Park on the Jubilee line. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton London Green Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Green Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton