Hilton has truly let themselves down. I am a seasoned business traveller and regularly in London. London hotel rooms are expensive and poor quality in general, so I try to use hotels that are a part of a larger group to avoid things becoming too ridiculous. My secretary booked based on a 4 star rating at the Hilton as my usual preferred hotel was unavailable. The price is GBP 448 for two nights, not exactly a bargain. Ups....she booked a single bed room, something to be avoided in general. But Hilton 4 star cannot be all bad or? Oh yes... the room is tiny, not even square, the ceiling slating, windows oddly placed low on the wall, only 3 meters to the next building, all in all as claustrophobic as it can only be in cheap hotels in London and New York.
Yes it is clean, staff friendly and service-minded and the rest of the hotel probably half decent (looking at the pictures), but this room (246) is not a GBP 224 a night hotel room. A group like Hilton should remove these rooms completely. They do not belong in a modern hotel and definitely not in a chain that wants to be up-market and business traveller friendly. Big mistake as I will now be very cautious next time I book a Hilton Hotel. I would rather have been told in advance there was no vacancies than being offered this. Yes, tried an upgrade but nothing available so I will have to keep calm and carry on...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton London Green Park hotel is set between the leafy Royal Parks and the shops of Oxford, Regent and Bond Street. The stylish Georgian townhouse hotel is just 45 minutes by train from Heathrow Airport, and within easy walking distance to London attractions like Buckingham Palace, Westminster and Harrods. Boasting a traditional exterior with a contemporary interior, the hotel is a 3 minute walk away from Green Park Tube Station. Enjoy modern International cuisine at the Tiger Green Brasserie, sip afternoon tea and gin creations in the Berry Bar & Lounge or enjoy the 24-hour Room Service. The Hilton London Green Park hotel has state-of-the-art climate control system in all rooms, allowing guests to individually regulate their room’s temperature at the touch of a button.Steeped in history, dating back to the 1730’s, the Hilton London Green Park hotel is situated in one of London’s most prestigious locations. London’s “City” district is a quick tube or taxi ride away, yet within a short stroll of the hotel guests can experience the vibrancy and culture of the West End and Theatreland or Mayfair’s exclusive designer stores, restaurants, bars and the famous Royal parks of Central London.The Hilton London Green Park hotel offers wireless internet access, 5 conference and meeting rooms for 2 to 100, a conservatory in the restaurant and a 24-hour business centre. Canary Wharf is accessible via a direct tube link from Green Park on the Jubilee line. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton London Green Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Green Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton