First look I didn't enjoy Hilton Green Park much!!.
Pros: Situated in the heart of the city. Just behind Trafalgar square and Buckingham palace.
Walking distance from many shopping streets like Oxford street.
Starting point for Big Bus Tour (which I would be reviewing next :) ) is just around the corner.
Just besides a huge green park which is good for a nice walk.
Very friendly and courteous staff.
Good breakfast options.
Cons: The rooms are very old and have a wooden flooring which makes a very creepy sound when u walk on it.
worse you can hear people staying above your room walking and talking.
The Spring mattresses are old and creak.
Rooms need refurbishing badly.
Breakfast is not included neither the the second most essential commodity -- WIFI
No fridge or microwave in rooms.
The per night cost also doesnt come cheap.
All floors have very narrow galleys in which rooms are crammed up.
AC controls too seem old and donot function. I dint feel it till it was cold in London. but on weekends when it was warm in Europe I sensed the AC does not do cooling.
In-room dining menu hardly had any options.
TV had only few news channels for free and 1 movie channel. everything else you want to watch comes at a hefty price.
Should avoid if you are on a vacation with your family or searching for a relaxing hotel. I booked this hotel since Doubletree Hilton was full. But this turned out to be overall costlier than Doubletree which is one of the posh hotels round there.
Not a value for money hotel.
But still again, The staff was very friendly and courteous and made sure your stay was comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton London Green Park hotel is set between the leafy Royal Parks and the shops of Oxford, Regent and Bond Street. The stylish Georgian townhouse hotel is just 45 minutes by train from Heathrow Airport, and within easy walking distance to London attractions like Buckingham Palace, Westminster and Harrods. Boasting a traditional exterior with a contemporary interior, the hotel is a 3 minute walk away from Green Park Tube Station. Enjoy modern International cuisine at the Tiger Green Brasserie, sip afternoon tea and gin creations in the Berry Bar & Lounge or enjoy the 24-hour Room Service. The Hilton London Green Park hotel has state-of-the-art climate control system in all rooms, allowing guests to individually regulate their room’s temperature at the touch of a button.Steeped in history, dating back to the 1730’s, the Hilton London Green Park hotel is situated in one of London’s most prestigious locations. London’s “City” district is a quick tube or taxi ride away, yet within a short stroll of the hotel guests can experience the vibrancy and culture of the West End and Theatreland or Mayfair’s exclusive designer stores, restaurants, bars and the famous Royal parks of Central London.The Hilton London Green Park hotel offers wireless internet access, 5 conference and meeting rooms for 2 to 100, a conservatory in the restaurant and a 24-hour business centre. Canary Wharf is accessible via a direct tube link from Green Park on the Jubilee line. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton London Green Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Green Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton