Six friends and I booked directly with the hotel for afternoon tea. On arrival we were shown to our table and everything seemed lovely.
One of our party went downstairs to use the restrooms and on her way back up the stairs cut her toe quite badly on something sharp. She arrived back at the table bleeding a lot from the wound. We alerted staff and was given a bandage from the waitress from their first aid box. No first aid trained person was called and no accident form was completed although we asked for the incident to be logged.
Once bandaged we were offered a selection of tea and coffee which was all great. The afternoon tea arrived and we were all very disappointed with what was offered. The scones were small and not particularly fresh - one plain and one fruit (although very little amount of fruit). The cream used was not clotted cream which is usually standard and the traditional accompaniment with scones. The jam however was delicious.
The sandwiches were very average and we only had 4 small fingers each. When we asked if we could have more we were told it would be an additional £8 for 8 more fingers!! The cakes/pastries were ok.
When we asked for the bill we were charged service which had not been mentioned at the time of booking.
We have been to many hotels in London for afternoon tea which made this experience even more disappointing as usually we have a fantastic time. We have never been charged more money for extra sandwiches in other hotels and for the amount we paid we saw this as an insult, especially after the injury sustained on arrival. There was no effort to try and compensate for that in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton London Green Park hotel is set between the leafy Royal Parks and the shops of Oxford, Regent and Bond Street. The stylish Georgian townhouse hotel is just 45 minutes by train from Heathrow Airport, and within easy walking distance to London attractions like Buckingham Palace, Westminster and Harrods. Boasting a traditional exterior with a contemporary interior, the hotel is a 3 minute walk away from Green Park Tube Station. Enjoy modern International cuisine at the Tiger Green Brasserie, sip afternoon tea and gin creations in the Berry Bar & Lounge or enjoy the 24-hour Room Service. The Hilton London Green Park hotel has state-of-the-art climate control system in all rooms, allowing guests to individually regulate their room’s temperature at the touch of a button.Steeped in history, dating back to the 1730’s, the Hilton London Green Park hotel is situated in one of London’s most prestigious locations. London’s “City” district is a quick tube or taxi ride away, yet within a short stroll of the hotel guests can experience the vibrancy and culture of the West End and Theatreland or Mayfair’s exclusive designer stores, restaurants, bars and the famous Royal parks of Central London.The Hilton London Green Park hotel offers wireless internet access, 5 conference and meeting rooms for 2 to 100, a conservatory in the restaurant and a 24-hour business centre. Canary Wharf is accessible via a direct tube link from Green Park on the Jubilee line. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton London Green Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Green Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton