Ascott Mayfair
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$117
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here for Marathon weekend. All the family rooms in the decent hotels were well over £400 and managed to get this much cheaper (although watch the VAT which they charge for separately - cheeky blighters). This is perfect, the room was massive, two huge bedrooms and a separate living area and kitchenette. This has a real home from home feel about it, and given you never eat in a London hotel anyway, the lack of restaurants is not a problem. And the honesty bar is a nice touch.

Only reason it didn't get an excellent was that the room was a little hot and the member of staff was a little sniffy about me using the gym shower facilities after a) agreeing this upfront and b) having run in the marathon! Final niggle was adding the Vat on at the end - need transparency on pricing please. Nevertheless would still recommend highly - great place and brilliant location for getting around London.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to London and I was looking for a place that can cater a family of five (three children below ten years) with enough space. Searching for a good hotel, all noted that I will be needing to take two connected rooms. Therefore, I started searching for a hotel apartment. I came across this hotel in Mayfair and I was advised by friends that it is a good and quiet place. They were right.

I stayed in the two bedrooms apartment and the space in it was good where it had a living room with an open kitchen facing it. The apartment was fully furnished with all the necessities with high standard finishing. If had a master bedroom that had its own storage room and bathroom and another room that also had its own bathroom.

As for the place of the hotel, it was in the middle of central London, where walking to Oxford street is 10-15 minutes away, Harrods is 10-15 minutes, Bond Street is 10 minutes away. As for daily needs, walking to Tesco market is 5 minutes away and Boots is 8 minutes. There are many restaurants in the area with different cuisines and also a Starbucks and Cafe Nero.

As for security, no one can enter the place without ringing the bell on the main door for the reception to open the door.

I recommend this place for families as it is very convenient for them with a very good quality and standard.

The only problem I faced with the place is the low lighting in the rooms, where they could work on making the place brighter.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Bo-Alanood
Reviewed 4 April 2014

In the past I have stayed at The Ascott on business (a number of times), but this time I stayed with my wife and two small children (5 & 1 years old). We were joined by my mother-in-law.

We took a 1BR apartment which proved more than adequate for the five of us. The staff at The Ascott are ever helpful.

It is only a few minutes walk to Picadilly and the Tube and there is a largish Tesco (?) at Berkeley Square.

One thing worth noting is that the sofa-bed in the lounge is superb. Most hotel sofa beds seem to collapse if you look at them, but this one was of very high quality.

In a similar situation, I would definitely go back there again.

Room Tip: Do not take the top floor. The elevator engines in the roof space can be noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed overnight Saturday night, very relaxing, very, very comfortable. Quiet in Mayfair at weekends. Just a short walk to just about anywhere in the centre of London. Can't fault it. It's slightly oldie worldly but that's not to say it not clean and very comfortable and oh so relaxing to be a walk away from China Town, Oxford Street, Piccadilly Circus, Knightsbridge etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Barney012
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Apart-hotel brilliantly located in Mayfair, just over 5 minutes walk Green Park tube station.
Small lounge, small bedroom, kitchenette & ensuite, nicely furnished but just slightly tired within the suite.
Continental breakfast was far more than that and all staff were very friendly and helpful.
We booked on an offer and it was amazing value.
Recommended