“Good value given the expensive location”

Park Lane Mews Hotel
Ranked #832 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 March 2014

From the outside the Park Lane Mews hotel looks most inviting. Nestled behind the iconic Park Lane Hilton and at the gateway to Shepherds Market in. Mayfair, the location could not be better. It's quiet, sufficiently back from the noise do Park. Lane and yet an easy walk to all the major clubs, restaurants and bars in the area.

Inside, the hotel is struggling a bit. Most rooms have air conditioning that is either noisy or impossible to adjust, and I've stayed in several now, all the same. The hotel have placed an electric radiator in each room as an alternative to using the heating function of the aircon, yet in my last room even that was inoperable.

The staff are cheerful enough and try to help, however on check in they are almost always juggling phone calls, handling a guest checking in or out and fielding random questions from guests from countries where it would seem, the concept of awaiting your turn is unknown. The staff deserve a medal for keeping their cool.

To be fair, the hotel is good value given the location and if the standard of rooms and service were higher the rooms would probably sell for nearly twice as much. Breakfast is adequate, nothing more nothing less. I usually wander into Shepherds Market and get breakfast that's twice as good for half the price.

Despite my comments I will certainly come back to this hotel, as I have done quite regularly, even though the staff never seem to acknowledge regulars, unlike most hotels. Once again I attribute this to the pressure under which they work.

Room Tip: Ask for one where the heating or air conditioning actually works.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank for taking the time to post your review. Our staff are trained to multitask and we apologise if you had to wait longer than necessary to check in. During your stay the Hotel was extremely busy and our staff as you have stated have done their very best to manage all tasks.

As you have stated the Hotel is located in a prime location and offers value for money. Whilst you have the option of enjoying breakfast at Shepherd's Market the Hotel has an adequate English buffet which in our view is also reasonably priced for the variety we offer.

We will do our very best to greet you on your next visit to the Hotel and we will try to improve your experience during your next stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in due course.

(General Manager)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,081)

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Very convenient location and reasonable price compared to other hotels in the area. Room was compact but had everything you want and was perfect for a one night stay. I have seen some of the pictures on this site, but the room I was given was fine, and I had no complaints. Staff on reception and in the restaurant were welcoming and friendly. Breakfast was buffet style with a good selection of hot and cold food. My only suggestion for improvement would be to include some sachets of hot chocolate on the tea tray!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear CarolS98,

Thank you very much for writing such a positive review on TripAdvisor, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you found my staff to be friendly and that you were happy with your overall stay.

We will take your comment regarding hot chocolate sachets on board however, I am sure you will understand that we cannot cater for everyone's needs complimentary. For future reference, all guests can order hot chocolate through room service.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I had read some varying reviews of this hotel after I had got my room cheaply - this worried me slightly. However, the hotel was really good. My room was a double (free upgrade from the single I booked), the room was a bit small but comfortable and clean, the bathroom fine and perfectly good enough for a one night stay and I could not only open the window, there was very little noise at night due to the tucked away location.

The lady at reception was very polite and helpful when I asked for tube directions (Green Park is best) and the chap on reception when I checked out was very polite.

It is not far from the tube as well, which is very handy. All in all, a good hotel for a short stay.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was great for me!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Matt S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with your overall stay and that you found the Reception staff friendly and helpful. Your kind words will be passed onto the team.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Park Lane Mews Hotel on a Sunday night because I was working in the area early on Monday morning. The hotel is located in a fairly exclusive part of London and was reasonable value compared to other hotels in the area. The Hilton Hotel car park is located next door which was useful. The hotel reception decor is nice if a little dated and check-in was fine and fairly quick.

The room was of a decent size (for London) and the decor was fine again if a little dated. The room had a large TV but the picture wasn't great. Free WiFi was easy to access.
Breakfast in the morning was fine.

An ok stay at a reasonable price.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I was happy to read that you found the location convenient and ideal for your business travels and that you were satisfied with your overall stay.

We hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

In general we are satisfied with this hotel. A nice and welcomming hotellobby and serviceminded receptionists. Unfortunately our (first) room was a disapointment. It was small, a bit worn down and the window could not be opened ("for safety reasons"...?). It was very warm in the room when we got there so we asked if we could have another one, but the hotel was full. The reseptionist promised us a new room the next day and we got a slightly larger and fresher room.
Everything was nice and clean, serviceminded staff, nice breakfast (a bit small breakfastroom, dont't have breakfast later than 0830). Our new room was just across the road from Hiltons goods delevery and garbage disposal so we was wakened by lorrys very early in the morning. Every taxidriver found the hotel when we said it was in the shadow(behind) of Hilton :-)
All in all I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms seemed older, redecorated rooms a bit noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I was disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with your room and I am glad that you felt the second room was more to your liking.

It was a pleasure to read that you found the staff service minded and that you enjoyed the breakfast.

I am glad that overall you were satisfied with your stay and that you would recommend us. Your kind words will be passed onto the rest of the team.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had a comfortable bed in a good clean room which had a great shower with plenty of hot water. There is a pleasant communal area, a good restaurant with excellent breakfast, wonderful staff, (whatever they pay Angel, it is not enough) and free WiFi. Brilliant value for a perfect location; what is there not to like?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter D
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Peter D,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive TripAdvisor review.

I was happy to read that you found your stay comfortable and that you were satisfied with your overall stay.

Your kind words will be passed onto Angel and the rest of the team.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Hotel was so convenient For our needs ( 15 mins walk to theatre and sight seeing). Food was excellent as was the service. Our room had the most comfortable bed and was so clean. We could not fault the hotel and would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank COLCHRISNIC
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Thank you for recommending the Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found the bed comfortable and clean. Your kind words will be passed onto the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.