“Excelent Service! Outstanding hospitallity - Katalin Glegyák!!!”

Park Lane Mews Hotel
Ranked #784 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My name is Fernanda Freitas, and I stayed in Park Lane Mews Hotel during some days in the beggining of March, due to a tax Seminar that i had in the town and i got really happy with this hotel: excelent structure, excelent hospitality, excelent location and good price.

But what really called my attention was the amazing hospitallity of the night receptionist, Katalin Glegyák. She is very kind, proactive, and knows whats is best in town. She recommended me a very good indian restaurat, a few steps from the hotel, in a night that was raining a lot, and the dinner was simply amazing.

Katalin, thank you so much for your kindness and hospitality during my stay. And, Park Lane Management, take very good care of Katalin!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!!

4  Thank Fernanda M
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. Katalin has worked with us for a number of years and we make sure to train all our staff to a high standard with regards to service and no doubt Katalin has done extremely well.

We look forward to inviting you back in the near future to stay with us again however, until then the very best regards.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed here because we wanted to be close to the US Embassy for an early morning appointment (10 minute walk). It's the cheapest place for miles around (we paid 115 pounds for a double).

We arrived from Victoria Coach station and walked to the hotel (20 mins or so). We wanted food when we arrived and managed to convince the man at the bar to put our order through even though he reckoned the kitchen had just closed (even though the menu said we had another hour to go). The food arrived within 20 minutes to our room and was very delicious.

The room itself was very small, but ok. There was tea and coffee and biscuits, some nice toiletries. The bathroom did smell of mould but there was none visible. The worst part about the room was the bed, which was like concrete. It was a close thing whether it would have been more comfortable to sleep on the floor.

The staff were excellent. We could have had a late checkout til 2pm for only 10 pounds. We didn't try breakfast but I note that if you book through the hotel website it's free? (which I didn't do).

If we need to repeat our experience at the Embassy and can't get a better deal at the Millennium, this is where we'll stay.

1  Thank Amanda K
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Amanda K,

Thank you for posting such a positive review, your kind words will be passed onto the team.

I was happy to read that you found the location convenient and that you were satisfied with your overall stay.

In regards to your comments regarding the bed we will investigate this further and make necessary changes. I apologise for the inconvenience caused regarding this matter and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Paid £468 for two nights. Location good but condition of double room was terrible. Very outdated and needs a good refurbishment. I was expecting far better from a hotel in the edge of mayfair. Had breakfast in room on Saturday (£7.50 service charge plus cost of brekkie) and it was poor as well I'm afraid. Nowhere to put a breakfast tray and nowhere to et the breakfast in room. Really disappointed!!! You can get a room at The Westbury for almost same price and this is far far far far superior to Park Lane Mews Hotel. Breakfast con in that they get you top pay upfront for breakfasts but if you then don't want one on any consecutive nights they still want to charge you? Dont book here...

Room Tip: terrible - dont book here
5  Thank brosefold

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Please be advised that the £7.50 was not the service charge but in fact the tray charge. Most Central London hotels add the tray charge for those guests who wish to enjoy breakfast within their rooms or the guest can choose to enjoy breakfast within the restaurant. This charged is displayed on our menus.

In regards to The Westbury Hotel in Bond Street I can assure you that the Hotel was selling very few rooms on the dates during your stay with rates of over £400. I believe you booked because we had availability and an attractive rate.

I would describe our rooms are cosy and we have had many customers enjoy their stay at the Hotel. We apologise if the Hotel did not reach your expectations and we will certainly do our best in the future should you decide to return.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The location, outside aspect, corridors and lobby areas are fine - maybe even smart

The room was pretty poor by any standards - I have attached some images to show you and to be honest they look better than the real thing

1. the room smelled foisty - wondered why the window was open wide on arrival
2. the décor was in the style of 'tired' or 'shabby - not chic'
3. the view from the loo was of a grubby bin, filled holes in the tiles where 1980s fittings had been updated, nails holding the architrave on, grubby much patched grouting
4. you could clearly hear the conversation of the guests next door, luckily we retired at different times
5. the aircon/heating was decommissioned and replaced by an electric oil filled radiator (and open window combo)
6. the original sink plug mechanism had long broken and been replaced with a 99p rubber plug on a chain leaving a very grubby large hole where it used to be. You could lose a tooth brush down there let alone a ring
7. the doors had fallen off the cupboard, which had been made into a shelf by popping some filler in the hinge screw holes

Do you get the idea, I could go on

The breakfast was very average (British for not good). The bacon was particularly difficult to cut with the knives supplied so I left it, or at least it was bacon shaped.

This is an expensive area, the location is ideal but you will find better. We didn't complain as this trip was a birthday gift from my wife, that would be darn right rude.

Choose another - WELL short of reasonable for price and location...

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. We take all comments on board and do our very best to rectify any concerns immediately. Whilst our rooms may appear tired in your view I can assure that we have had many guests who have praised not only the hotel and staff but also the rooms. The hotel also offers a very attractive rate and we have taken on board the conditions of our product and priced it accordingly.

We have reviewed your comments and we can confirm the following:

- We have provided an extra radiator for extra warmth during the unpredictable weather.

- The sink plug fulfills it's requirements and we certainly have not had any guests complain in regards to this point.

- Upon checking the room, the fixtures were certainly in line with a traditional boutique hotel and we apologise if you felt the room was not up to you expectations however, we feel the hotel was chosen by you for the location and good rate. During your stay hotels around the area were certainly selling higher than us and we have always stated that we offer value for money.

I recommend in future that you raise your concerns immediately to the friendly attentive Reception team so the Hotel has the chance to deal with any concerns.

I do hope in future you decide to stay with us again so that we can rectify your experience.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

From the outside the Park Lane Mews hotel looks most inviting. Nestled behind the iconic Park Lane Hilton and at the gateway to Shepherds Market in. Mayfair, the location could not be better. It's quiet, sufficiently back from the noise do Park. Lane and yet an easy walk to all the major clubs, restaurants and bars in the area.

Inside, the hotel is struggling a bit. Most rooms have air conditioning that is either noisy or impossible to adjust, and I've stayed in several now, all the same. The hotel have placed an electric radiator in each room as an alternative to using the heating function of the aircon, yet in my last room even that was inoperable.

The staff are cheerful enough and try to help, however on check in they are almost always juggling phone calls, handling a guest checking in or out and fielding random questions from guests from countries where it would seem, the concept of awaiting your turn is unknown. The staff deserve a medal for keeping their cool.

To be fair, the hotel is good value given the location and if the standard of rooms and service were higher the rooms would probably sell for nearly twice as much. Breakfast is adequate, nothing more nothing less. I usually wander into Shepherds Market and get breakfast that's twice as good for half the price.

Despite my comments I will certainly come back to this hotel, as I have done quite regularly, even though the staff never seem to acknowledge regulars, unlike most hotels. Once again I attribute this to the pressure under which they work.

Room Tip: Ask for one where the heating or air conditioning actually works.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank for taking the time to post your review. Our staff are trained to multitask and we apologise if you had to wait longer than necessary to check in. During your stay the Hotel was extremely busy and our staff as you have stated have done their very best to manage all tasks.

As you have stated the Hotel is located in a prime location and offers value for money. Whilst you have the option of enjoying breakfast at Shepherd's Market the Hotel has an adequate English buffet which in our view is also reasonably priced for the variety we offer.

We will do our very best to greet you on your next visit to the Hotel and we will try to improve your experience during your next stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in due course.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Very convenient location and reasonable price compared to other hotels in the area. Room was compact but had everything you want and was perfect for a one night stay. I have seen some of the pictures on this site, but the room I was given was fine, and I had no complaints. Staff on reception and in the restaurant were welcoming and friendly. Breakfast was buffet style with a good selection of hot and cold food. My only suggestion for improvement would be to include some sachets of hot chocolate on the tea tray!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear CarolS98,

Thank you very much for writing such a positive review on TripAdvisor, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you found my staff to be friendly and that you were happy with your overall stay.

We will take your comment regarding hot chocolate sachets on board however, I am sure you will understand that we cannot cater for everyone's needs complimentary. For future reference, all guests can order hot chocolate through room service.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I had read some varying reviews of this hotel after I had got my room cheaply - this worried me slightly. However, the hotel was really good. My room was a double (free upgrade from the single I booked), the room was a bit small but comfortable and clean, the bathroom fine and perfectly good enough for a one night stay and I could not only open the window, there was very little noise at night due to the tucked away location.

The lady at reception was very polite and helpful when I asked for tube directions (Green Park is best) and the chap on reception when I checked out was very polite.

It is not far from the tube as well, which is very handy. All in all, a good hotel for a short stay.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was great for me!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Matt S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with your overall stay and that you found the Reception staff friendly and helpful. Your kind words will be passed onto the team.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.