“Good Experience”

Park Lane Mews Hotel
Ranked #750 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel is well located. Staff was very helpful and accommodating.......first room they put us in was too small, so they willingly made all efforts to give us a larger room. Had a delightful stay after that although the mattress was a bit hard. Pricey is just another way to describe all of GB and Europe.........unfortunately, it goes with the territory.

Room Tip: Ask for their larger sized rooms upfront.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor. Your kind words are appreciated.

I was happy to read that you found my staff accommodating, please rest assured that this will be passed onto the team.

I am sorry that you found the mattress uncomfortable, we have looked into the matter and replaced it accordingly.

We hope to welcome you back to the Park Lane Mews Hotel in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Park Lane Mews Hotel

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Let me say straight away that we paid £128 inc full breakfast for one night, booking through ON Hotels. The location, between Park Lane and Piccadilly, is perfect if you want to be near Buckingham Palace and St James' Park and on to Big Ben etc. It is a reasonable walk to Piccadilly Circus and Shaftesbury Ave. As you walk past the Atheneum and the Ritz, you can reflect on the £200 savings you made. The Park Lane Mews has a very pleasant lounge and a good dining room. Full cooked buffet breakfast is Included! Our room was just right, clean with an air-conditioner, which we didn't need in the middle of June. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Do not expect a snazzy contemporary five-star - if you want that, go ahead and pay! This is more like the house of your English aunt - comfortable, slightly fading, welcoming and to which you will surely return.

Room Tip: There is some road noise if you front Park Lane - even though 200 yards away. The dustbinmen come at...
1  Thank cottagegrove
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review on TripAdvisor. Your kind words are appreciated and will be passed onto the rest of the team.

I was happy to read that you found the location convenient and that you found the room clean and staff friendly.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Park Lane Mews Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I paid £370 including breakfast for a single room. I would have paid about £100 less than this at my usual 5* hotel in Mayfair but it was full and rooms were hard to find in London at the time.
£370 was a little high for a decent 4* room in expensive Central London.
The location is reasonably good - in the heart of old Mayfair. But the hotel is down a side street that the taxi could not drive down without a detour so I had to trundle my case the last 100 metres.
The hotel didn't seem ( to me) anywhere close to 4*.
The reception was underwhelming and uninviting.
The room was small, poky, with a small single bed and very basic facilities.
The air conditioning was a free standing unit in the middle of the room the size of a small fridge with a big tube leading to the window.
The hotel directory in my room said that wifi was not available in the room but only in reception - I don't expect this even in B&B!!
The service manner at reception was off-putting too. On the desk was an offer for breakfast at 2/3 the price I had just paid on line. I asked if I could change to this cheaper rate, but this was refused until a colleague of the man in question told him to award it.
Breakfast was good if unadventurous.
I'll not stay here again. Travellers should look elsewhere for better accommodation at cheaper prices.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert G
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Robert G,

Thank you very much for your feedback. As you are aware the Hotel is located in the heart of Mayfair. You would be hard-pressed to find a 5* hotel within the area selling a single room and £270. The majority of 5* hotels within the area do not have single rooms and offer a double room for sole use.

Your booking was last minute, hence the high rate that you paid and had you booked in advance this would have been somewhat cheaper. The bedrooms are a standard 4*, may I suggest in future if you decide to stay with us again, to perhaps book the Junior Suite which I am sure would reach your expectations however, would be subject to availability.

The Hotel’s taxi service usually drop visitors at the front of the Hotel and I can only apologise on behalf of the taxi driver for not dropping you off closer.

The Hotel has been running a breakfast offer for those guests who have not booked breakfast online to purchase breakfast at a discounted rate however, this was an internal promotion only.

Wi-Fi is available in rooms however, the best signal is in the Lobby area and we recommend business guests to specifically use it in this area. Wi-Fi is free of charge; we feel it serves its purpose for the majority of our guests.

We do hope that you will book in advance in the future and give the Hotel an opportunity to restore you faith in us.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were directed to this hotel by Booking.com. This week in London alot of hotels are busy with Ascot, the cricket and Wimbledon fortnight approaching. Alot of hotels have hiked up their rates but we paid £424 (inclusive of VAT) for a shabby room. I would guess that the hotel is privately owned but the room (we were "upgraded" to a junior suite) and the rest of the hotel needs money spending on it. The fittings were (in our room at least) failry cheap and nasty - the sliding cwardrobe door came off its railings and the door surround for the room door was rotten and chipped with pain coming away. The carpets were stained as was the sofa. Worst of all, the last time I slept on such an awful matress I think I was camping. Compare that "offering" at £425 with say the Hilton or the Sofitel and it is a no brainer in terms of where you would stay. It gives the impression from the website of being a boutique upmarket hotel in Mayfair but in reality it's all a bit shabby and grubby. The staff were pleasant enough and the location is fine for Mayfair but they are simply trading on their location and a flattering website.

Room Tip: If you must then choose a room at the back because the "front rooms" (hotel entrance side...

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to reassure you that the price paid over the time that you stayed with us was a very good rate and was requested by Booking.com directly with the Hotel. The majority of hotels in Mayfair were either fully booked or selling in excess of £600 per night. We have provided the Junior Suite and this has always been a very popular suite with our guests that have stayed with us in the past. We can only apologise if this room did not meet your expectations. I do know that both Sofitel and Hilton were fully booked and I recommend in future that you take the time to choose the Hotel to your requirements. We are a traditional boutique Hotel providing value for money in the heart of Mayfair.

Our rates take into account our location as well as our rooms and we believe that we provide a good service and in our view a good product. I hope in the future that you would give us the opportunity to revisit the Hotel so we can try our best to rectify your experience.

Whilst you may feel that you have paid in excess for the product I can guarantee there was very little availability on the night of your stay and unfortunately hotels will sell high when they have few rooms left to sell. This is simply the nature of the business and I would advise that in future you book in advance to get a good deal.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked a 2 week stay at this hotel cueca use it was a 4 star hotel. We stayed 2 weeks. We thought staying at the same place for our vacation would make it easy for us. I only wish we hadn't. Upon checking in, the room was hot. When we asked about the a/c, we were told the unit in the room was not working but they brought a portable unit to the room. The portable unit seemed in the end to be the permanent unit, as the wall unit was never repaired and I don't think the hotel owner intends to repair it. The website indicates there is a/c. That is misleading to say the least. The portable unit is vey loud, but a plus is, it drowned out the street noise from the backend of the Hilton, which is immediately in front of the hotel. The view is not nice as you see the trash from the Hilton, but then you see trash on the streets too. The hotel is very dated but was clean. To ask for ice in the room made us feel as though we were an imposition. The website seems to indicate there is a concierge service, but there really isn't. There is front desk personnel, some of whom are friendlier than others. I think a four star hotel should have better amenities. But, had I read the TripAdvisror reviews, I would have seen that. For the most part, they are spot on. Maybe being American, my idea of a 4 star hotel is different, but I was disappointed with the hotel. The elevator was out of service for a week too. Glenn was awesome. I would not stay there again. Next time, I plan on booking with an American chain so that I can get what I expect. p.s., it was very expensive and we didn't even get breakfast. Cable was not that great either.

Room Tip: Listen to the reviews; they are all accurate.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kathie b

Dear Kathie B,

Thank you for your review and your feedback. I would just like to say that during your stay our air conditioning system was in high demand due to the freak hot weather therefore we provided portable a/c units to provide extra comfort.

You were also given the option to move rooms but you declined. I understand that there were a number of issues throughout your stay however, we feel that we dealt with them promptly. We make it a priority to deal with guest issues immediately and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

As you are aware, we have two elevators in operation and yes one of the elevators was out of action for four days and we apologise for this inconvenience.

In regards to the trash collection from the Hilton hotel, unfortunately this is beyond our control. Staying anywhere in Central London there will inevitably be disruption from outside noise.

Our breakfast is priced accordingly with our location and is very competitive within the area.

In regards to Concierge service, the staff are all trained in carrying out any requests whether this is luggage or asking for directions and even booking theatre tickets. May I suggest in future if you have any concerns during your stay please inform staff immediately so they may take the appropriate action to deal with your actions.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. I booked this property though Booking.com and it was marked a four-star property. I'm writing this review at 12:30 a.m. as the wi-fi has just come available in my room now that the rest of the hotel is probably sleeping. I know what a four star hotel is as we just came from Paris this morning after four glorious days at the Hotel du"Abusson. THAT was a four star hotel.

As I read the reviews I see that many travelers share similar experiences. Do four star hotels have portable air conditioning units? Do four star hotels not have concierge or doormen to take your bags? In Paris, they took our bags to the room, introduced us to the room, showed us how everything worked, etc.. Here?? We got checked in and pointed us to the elevator. No assistance, no nothing.

In the room? Tiny. Went back and asked for a bigger room, and there were none (surprise). The bed doesn't have a second sheet, so you have to run the portable A/C unit to stay cool, since you don't have a second sheet to cover you if you take off the bedspread. And the A/C unit is vented out the window....like some second-rate fix-it job. Really bush-league.

I just spent nearly $3,000 on the hotel in Paris and I can say that it was worth every penny. I have no qualms about that. But for the nearly $800 I'll spend here? American Express is getting a call in the morning because this property has been misrepresented. Do Not Stay Here....no better than a Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Here's a tip...don't stay here.
3  Thank Saverio P

Dear Saverio P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would agree that the Hotel Daubusson is truly a wonderful Hotel. I am sure you are aware they have recently gone through a full refurbishment so I am sure your expectations of our Hotel were very high in comparison.

We consider ourselves a small boutique Hotel offering a good level of service. Receptionist are also our concierge so I am somewhat surprised they could not tend to your needs. There are not many four star hotels in London that would accompany you to your bedroom and we apologise if you felt that this was required. (This service is more five star.)

You booked through Bookings.com, all room sizes are stated clearly on their website. May I suggest if you prefer a bigger room in future that you book one of our suites which I am sure would have given you the space that you require.

As far as I am aware our Wi-Fi is working correctly. If you have taken the time to read our reviews, we have very few complaints with this particular issue. As you aware during your stay the weather in London was extremely hot and we decided to provide additional air conditioning units for added comfort as our main system was struggling to keep up with the unusually high demand.

We offer our sincere apologies if you felt that our Hotel did not meet your expectations (Daubusson) however, in future should you decide to stay with us again, we will certainly do our best to enhance your stay.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed on the fourth floor and could cross from one side of my room to the other in three steps (I'm five ten !!) .
The air conditioning drowned out the television but if I switched it off the room was unbearably hot in minutes.
Both times I was in reception during my stay there were others complaining about the same issues so I don't think my room was different to others!
Breakfast which is charged at £16.00 is a small buffet of tinned fruit,cold croissants and a lukewarm hot buffet.
The front desk staff give the impression they are used to dealing with complaints on a daily basis .
The location is unbeatable if you are at a dinner in the Hilton on Park Lane but that shouldn't be a reason for such poor standards.
Pay for a taxi to Park Lane and stay somewhere nicer .There are some brilliant hotels at these prices in London and will represent value for your money.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank David A

Dear David A,

Thank you for your feedback. Room sizes are available on the majority of our online websites. May I recommend that in future you review the size of the room before you book. The Hotel has two suites which have ample space should you require the extra room however, come with additional charges.

Our air conditioning system during your stay was under immense strain as the weather was extremely hot during your stay. The Hotel took the decision to provide an extra unit to safeguard any poor performance from the built in units. I apologise if you felt that they were too loud however, the units come with a number of settings with adjustments from low to high.

Breakfast, I am somewhat surprised by your comments as we usually receive good reviews in regards to the buffet. At £16.95 I can assure you this is very competitive within the area.

Whilst I appreciate that there are other hotels within the area, you certainly would not have been able to book a better hotel taking into account the location and the rate we were offering at the time.

We offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused however, we feel the Hotel has provided a good service with value for money and we hope you will in the future decide to stay with us again.