“Fabulous staff, gorgeous building, standard rooms.”

Park Lane Mews Hotel
Ranked #703 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Fabulous staff, gorgeous building, standard rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic service!

Beautiful building and reception areas.

The rooms are in need of a refurb (marks on the wallpaper etc.) My room was more like a dorm but as it was a single room it suited my needs. I'd be interested the see what the double rooms were like as I wouldn't necessarily suggest this is the best hotel for a weekend away - but it was perfect for a business trip.

Great location!

Unfortunately as this hotel is situated at the back of the Hilton I was woken up at about 7am by the sound of a reversing truck collecting empty bottles, rubbish etc. which was very noisy, but as soon as the truck had gone I went back to sleep again.

The maids then rang the doorbell WAY TOO EARLY, especially as I had been at a function the night before - they repeatedly pressed the bell 3 times (the first time was before 9am). Seeing as it was a weekend they should definitely wait until at least 10am to knock the door gently, then only press the bell after 11am at the earliest!

I'd like to personally thank Carlotta who worked on the main reception desk, she advised and helped me over the phone before I arrived and then gave a warm and genuine welcome to the hotel and also again when I departed. Lovely professional and friendly character - thank you!

Overall I had a great night in London and would consider staying here again as the price was good (I booked through laterooms.com).

• Stayed July 2014
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with your room and that you were pleased with the location and your overall stay.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by the Hilton hotel and the the door bell disrupting your lie in. We will look into this matter and prevent this from happening in the future by briefing all maids.

I was happy to read that you were happy with Carlotta. Please rest assured that this will be passed onto Carlotta and the rest of the team.

We hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future.

Raj Chana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is well located and in a peaceful, it looks great from the outside and puts a smile to your face, when inside the lobby area is also nice.. get to the rooms and its a whole other story.

1. Dirty
2. Floors/Carpet need a good clean (my room carpet looked like 100yrs of dirt accumulated, all grey)
3. Air Con noisy and temperamental
4. TV very very outdated and fuzzy (you would think by now the TVs could be replaced for standard HD ones) felt like i was back in the 70s
5. Bathrooms were nice and clean thankfully

Definitely not a 4star there is no way. sorry to say. 2 star at best.

2 Thank Kay S

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My friend had booked this hotel as a surprise for my 'significant' birthday, and I was impressed when the taxi dropped me off outside. The exterior of the hotel and lobby were modern and clean, but unfortunately that's where it ended. The room was quite small and shabby looking (wallpaper stained and peeling off, stained carpets) but we looked past it as we were excited to be in London. Walls are very, very thin - I think we upset our neighbour by chatting into the night, and the next morning when they put the TV on, it sounded like they were in our room! As the hotel is directly behind the Hilton, their fans blow hot air directly into the Park Lane Mews; making the rooms unbearably hot. Also your view will be of the Hilton's vast amounts of bins and bin bags so, FYI - take some earplugs and a sleep mask as the refuge collectors come around approx at 3am and this continues into the morning. Anyhow, the hotel is an excellent base as we could walk everywhere, and there was plenty of restaurants and bars all located close by so we made the most of it and thoroughly enjoyed exploring Mayfair. However, the final straw (for me), was on our final day we returned to find a maid had switched on the antique air con unit, which had proceeded to spray copious amounts of water into the room which had not only soaked our beds, carpets (and us, as we attempted to move our things), but ALL my shoes which were lying next to it were filled with water including a pair of new pair (suede might I add) of shoes. Trying to call reception was damn near impossible, as no number for them was on the phone, and amid the confusion of trying to report this, a maid arrived with a fan?!? She soon caught on, and a group of maids arrived promptly to help us move into another room (a bigger one). I applaud the maids swiftness of dealing with the situation - they were so apologetic! (the only apology I did receive), the duty manager who also assisted assured me that she would notify the GM. No contact from the GM was ever made to us, and when we checked out, not a word was mentioned about this. The GM was 'in a meeting' and had left no instruction to compensate me on my ruined shoes - to say I was upset and annoyed is an understatement, and we left under a damp cloud. Despite me emailing the hotel directly to address this again, I have received no response or apology. For the price my friend (very generously) paid to stay here, I would recommend checking the cost to stay at the Hilton instead, as I'm sure it wouldn't have cost too much more to stay in a contemporary hotel, run by professional managers who value your custom.

Room Tip: No idea, we asked for a large room and an apology and got neither.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Geministar101
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Unfortunately during the course of your stay, our air conditioning system was on high demand and there was a malfunction to your unit which lead to a small leak. Our staff acted accordingly and upgraded you immediately to a better room. The shoes that were wet due to the leak were cleaned and dried and returned to you with no other issues raised at the time.

The staff apologised for the inconvenience caused, made you aware of the upgraded room and asked if you required any further assistance. We have checked our email system and we can confirm that no emails were sent to either me or the Hotel in regards to your shoes. As far as the staff were concerned the shoes were given back clean and dry with no damage and a full apology from the Duty Manager, Kristine Caldo was given.

As you are aware, you were staying at the heart of Mayfair. The Hotel is surrounded by hotels and residential property and we apologise if the neighbouring buildings caused you disruption during your stay. Once again, we offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

We look forward perhaps in the future to welcome you back so we have the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

lancashire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here because we were attending a wedding at the Dorchester we booked through late rooms and when we arrived they added an extra charge not happy.
We wanted to get in our room as soon as possible as we needed to get ready and traveling four 4 hours we were hot and needed a shower.
Rooms weren't ready so we had a sandwich and glass of wine ,Sandwich nice wine charge was ridiculous.
When the room was ready the key making machine was broke so some one had to let us in the rooms their were three couples and no key what a joke.
The room we were given was awful so hot and the air con was so loud ,The bathroom was like entering a sauna really shabby and not chic at all.
What a shame as the outside and the area were ideal , We are returning in the near future to London we would never use this hotel again.
Never got any sleep as it was so hot felt ill all night .I couldn't eat any breakfast although hubby said it was very nice.
Seems to be total lack of communication at this hotel. I understand that this is cheap for London but that does not excuse it being scruffy and hot and badly run would have preferred a premier inn.

Room Tip: None of the three rooms were good.
5 Thank twocunardfans
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I would just like to clarify the following facts:

1. You had booked two rooms at the Hotel and only required one as there was a communication issue between yourself and your colleague. As a good will gesture, the Hotel did not charge you for the additional room and this certainly was not a mistake by the Hotel in any way.

2. Check in time at the Hotel is 2pm and you arrived very early in the morning expecting your rooms to be ready. We explained that your room was not ready and offered a room for you to get changed in.

3. We did in fact have an issue with the key cutting machine which was resolved over the course of the day however, we had staff available to provide access to the rooms once they were ready.

4. All our rooms have some form of air conditioning and we apologise if this was not to your satisfaction.

As you are aware, you stayed int he heart of Mayfair and we can assure you that our BAR prices as well as accommodation are very competitive. Please note, as a good will gesture we waived the extra room for the inconvenience caused for the one night that you stayed at the Hotel.

I was glad to read that your husband enjoyed breakfast and that you enjoyed the sandwiches.

Laguna Woods, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel is well located. Staff was very helpful and accommodating.......first room they put us in was too small, so they willingly made all efforts to give us a larger room. Had a delightful stay after that although the mattress was a bit hard. Pricey is just another way to describe all of GB and Europe.........unfortunately, it goes with the territory.

Room Tip: Ask for their larger sized rooms upfront.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor. Your kind words are appreciated.

I was happy to read that you found my staff accommodating, please rest assured that this will be passed onto the team.

I am sorry that you found the mattress uncomfortable, we have looked into the matter and replaced it accordingly.

We hope to welcome you back to the Park Lane Mews Hotel in the not too distant future.

Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Let me say straight away that we paid £128 inc full breakfast for one night, booking through ON Hotels. The location, between Park Lane and Piccadilly, is perfect if you want to be near Buckingham Palace and St James' Park and on to Big Ben etc. It is a reasonable walk to Piccadilly Circus and Shaftesbury Ave. As you walk past the Atheneum and the Ritz, you can reflect on the £200 savings you made. The Park Lane Mews has a very pleasant lounge and a good dining room. Full cooked buffet breakfast is Included! Our room was just right, clean with an air-conditioner, which we didn't need in the middle of June. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Do not expect a snazzy contemporary five-star - if you want that, go ahead and pay! This is more like the house of your English aunt - comfortable, slightly fading, welcoming and to which you will surely return.

Room Tip: There is some road noise if you front Park Lane - even though 200 yards away. The dustbinmen come at...
1 Thank cottagegrove
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review on TripAdvisor. Your kind words are appreciated and will be passed onto the rest of the team.

I was happy to read that you found the location convenient and that you found the room clean and staff friendly.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Park Lane Mews Hotel in the not too distant future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I paid £370 including breakfast for a single room. I would have paid about £100 less than this at my usual 5* hotel in Mayfair but it was full and rooms were hard to find in London at the time.
£370 was a little high for a decent 4* room in expensive Central London.
The location is reasonably good - in the heart of old Mayfair. But the hotel is down a side street that the taxi could not drive down without a detour so I had to trundle my case the last 100 metres.
The hotel didn't seem ( to me) anywhere close to 4*.
The reception was underwhelming and uninviting.
The room was small, poky, with a small single bed and very basic facilities.
The air conditioning was a free standing unit in the middle of the room the size of a small fridge with a big tube leading to the window.
The hotel directory in my room said that wifi was not available in the room but only in reception - I don't expect this even in B&B!!
The service manner at reception was off-putting too. On the desk was an offer for breakfast at 2/3 the price I had just paid on line. I asked if I could change to this cheaper rate, but this was refused until a colleague of the man in question told him to award it.
Breakfast was good if unadventurous.
I'll not stay here again. Travellers should look elsewhere for better accommodation at cheaper prices.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert G
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Robert G,

Thank you very much for your feedback. As you are aware the Hotel is located in the heart of Mayfair. You would be hard-pressed to find a 5* hotel within the area selling a single room and £270. The majority of 5* hotels within the area do not have single rooms and offer a double room for sole use.

Your booking was last minute, hence the high rate that you paid and had you booked in advance this would have been somewhat cheaper. The bedrooms are a standard 4*, may I suggest in future if you decide to stay with us again, to perhaps book the Junior Suite which I am sure would reach your expectations however, would be subject to availability.

The Hotel’s taxi service usually drop visitors at the front of the Hotel and I can only apologise on behalf of the taxi driver for not dropping you off closer.

The Hotel has been running a breakfast offer for those guests who have not booked breakfast online to purchase breakfast at a discounted rate however, this was an internal promotion only.

Wi-Fi is available in rooms however, the best signal is in the Lobby area and we recommend business guests to specifically use it in this area. Wi-Fi is free of charge; we feel it serves its purpose for the majority of our guests.

We do hope that you will book in advance in the future and give the Hotel an opportunity to restore you faith in us.