Park Lane Mews Hotel
US$256
US$233
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
Rosewood London(London)
US$588
US$491
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$159
US$215
US$171
galahotels.com
US$312
US$292
1,113 results
All reviewsshepherds marketmayfair locationgreen parkpubs and restaurantsbuckingham palacelounge areaoxford streetone night staywest endharrods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have just returned from our Honeymoon weekend at the Park Lane Mews Hotel. My new Wife and I really enjoyed our stay and the staff could not have been more helpful, breakfast, although we arrived down later than hoped, was delightful. After walking past the Hilton we both agreed that we made the right decision as this hotel has plenty of warmth and character. Thank you one again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Mark S,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor. Congratulations and thank you for choosing to stay at The Park Lane Mews for your honeymoon weekend.

I was pleased to read that you were delighted with your overall experience. Your kind compliments will be passed onto the rest of the team.

We hope to welcome you and your new wife back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent location for London and getting around. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff were polite and helpful and hotel very much suited our needs for our overnight stay in Central London. Parking was a problem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate all feedback.

I was delighted to read that you were happy with the location, room and friendly staff. All vital aspects of an experience when staying at a hotel.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic service!

Beautiful building and reception areas.

The rooms are in need of a refurb (marks on the wallpaper etc.) My room was more like a dorm but as it was a single room it suited my needs. I'd be interested the see what the double rooms were like as I wouldn't necessarily suggest this is the best hotel for a weekend away - but it was perfect for a business trip.

Great location!

Unfortunately as this hotel is situated at the back of the Hilton I was woken up at about 7am by the sound of a reversing truck collecting empty bottles, rubbish etc. which was very noisy, but as soon as the truck had gone I went back to sleep again.

The maids then rang the doorbell WAY TOO EARLY, especially as I had been at a function the night before - they repeatedly pressed the bell 3 times (the first time was before 9am). Seeing as it was a weekend they should definitely wait until at least 10am to knock the door gently, then only press the bell after 11am at the earliest!

I'd like to personally thank Carlotta who worked on the main reception desk, she advised and helped me over the phone before I arrived and then gave a warm and genuine welcome to the hotel and also again when I departed. Lovely professional and friendly character - thank you!

Overall I had a great night in London and would consider staying here again as the price was good (I booked through laterooms.com).

• Stayed: July 2014
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with your room and that you were pleased with the location and your overall stay.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by the Hilton hotel and the the door bell disrupting your lie in. We will look into this matter and prevent this from happening in the future by briefing all maids.

I was happy to read that you were happy with Carlotta. Please rest assured that this will be passed onto Carlotta and the rest of the team.

We hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My friend had booked this hotel as a surprise for my 'significant' birthday, and I was impressed when the taxi dropped me off outside. The exterior of the hotel and lobby were modern and clean, but unfortunately that's where it ended. The room was quite small and shabby looking (wallpaper stained and peeling off, stained carpets) but we looked past it as we were excited to be in London. Walls are very, very thin - I think we upset our neighbour by chatting into the night, and the next morning when they put the TV on, it sounded like they were in our room! As the hotel is directly behind the Hilton, their fans blow hot air directly into the Park Lane Mews; making the rooms unbearably hot. Also your view will be of the Hilton's vast amounts of bins and bin bags so, FYI - take some earplugs and a sleep mask as the refuge collectors come around approx at 3am and this continues into the morning. Anyhow, the hotel is an excellent base as we could walk everywhere, and there was plenty of restaurants and bars all located close by so we made the most of it and thoroughly enjoyed exploring Mayfair. However, the final straw (for me), was on our final day we returned to find a maid had switched on the antique air con unit, which had proceeded to spray copious amounts of water into the room which had not only soaked our beds, carpets (and us, as we attempted to move our things), but ALL my shoes which were lying next to it were filled with water including a pair of new pair (suede might I add) of shoes. Trying to call reception was damn near impossible, as no number for them was on the phone, and amid the confusion of trying to report this, a maid arrived with a fan?!? She soon caught on, and a group of maids arrived promptly to help us move into another room (a bigger one). I applaud the maids swiftness of dealing with the situation - they were so apologetic! (the only apology I did receive), the duty manager who also assisted assured me that she would notify the GM. No contact from the GM was ever made to us, and when we checked out, not a word was mentioned about this. The GM was 'in a meeting' and had left no instruction to compensate me on my ruined shoes - to say I was upset and annoyed is an understatement, and we left under a damp cloud. Despite me emailing the hotel directly to address this again, I have received no response or apology. For the price my friend (very generously) paid to stay here, I would recommend checking the cost to stay at the Hilton instead, as I'm sure it wouldn't have cost too much more to stay in a contemporary hotel, run by professional managers who value your custom.

Room Tip: No idea, we asked for a large room and an apology and got neither.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Geministar101
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Unfortunately during the course of your stay, our air conditioning system was on high demand and there was a malfunction to your unit which lead to a small leak. Our staff acted accordingly and upgraded you immediately to a better room. The shoes that were wet due to the leak were cleaned and dried and returned to you with no other issues raised at the time.

The staff apologised for the inconvenience caused, made you aware of the upgraded room and asked if you required any further assistance. We have checked our email system and we can confirm that no emails were sent to either me or the Hotel in regards to your shoes. As far as the staff were concerned the shoes were given back clean and dry with no damage and a full apology from the Duty Manager, Kristine Caldo was given.

As you are aware, you were staying at the heart of Mayfair. The Hotel is surrounded by hotels and residential property and we apologise if the neighbouring buildings caused you disruption during your stay. Once again, we offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

We look forward perhaps in the future to welcome you back so we have the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here because we were attending a wedding at the Dorchester we booked through late rooms and when we arrived they added an extra charge not happy.
We wanted to get in our room as soon as possible as we needed to get ready and traveling four 4 hours we were hot and needed a shower.
Rooms weren't ready so we had a sandwich and glass of wine ,Sandwich nice wine charge was ridiculous.
When the room was ready the key making machine was broke so some one had to let us in the rooms their were three couples and no key what a joke.
The room we were given was awful so hot and the air con was so loud ,The bathroom was like entering a sauna really shabby and not chic at all.
What a shame as the outside and the area were ideal , We are returning in the near future to London we would never use this hotel again.
Never got any sleep as it was so hot felt ill all night .I couldn't eat any breakfast although hubby said it was very nice.
Seems to be total lack of communication at this hotel. I understand that this is cheap for London but that does not excuse it being scruffy and hot and badly run would have preferred a premier inn.

Room Tip: None of the three rooms were good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank twocunardfans

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I would just like to clarify the following facts:

1. You had booked two rooms at the Hotel and only required one as there was a communication issue between yourself and your colleague. As a good will gesture, the Hotel did not charge you for the additional room and this certainly was not a mistake by the Hotel in any way.

2. Check in time at the Hotel is 2pm and you arrived very early in the morning expecting your rooms to be ready. We explained that your room was not ready and offered a room for you to get changed in.

3. We did in fact have an issue with the key cutting machine which was resolved over the course of the day however, we had staff available to provide access to the rooms once they were ready.

4. All our rooms have some form of air conditioning and we apologise if this was not to your satisfaction.

As you are aware, you stayed int he heart of Mayfair and we can assure you that our BAR prices as well as accommodation are very competitive. Please note, as a good will gesture we waived the extra room for the inconvenience caused for the one night that you stayed at the Hotel.

I was glad to read that your husband enjoyed breakfast and that you enjoyed the sandwiches.