“What a fabulous little gem!”

Park Lane Mews Hotel
Ranked #737 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Northampton, United Kingdom
“What a fabulous little gem!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Well if you’re looking for one of the best addresses in London this has got to be it. The hotel staff are really helpful and charming, we had a deluxe double room including breakfast I think around £149 really good value for money. The room had an enormous bed not the biggest of rooms but clean, room 414 only down side carpet could do with being upgraded. Lovely Breakfast, easy check in and out Wi-Fi. We were having dinner in the Ritz and this was a stone’s throw away. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you found the Hotel conveniently located. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast and that you were happy with your overall stay. Thank you for recommending to stay with us.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Raj Chana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Great Bookham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a small hotel tucked away behind Piccadilly, so it's very convenient for that part of London. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was small, but perfectly adequate for our one-night stay. We didn't eat at the hotel, but did have a drink at the bar in the late evening. I don't think it's possible to find a cheap hotel in this part of London, so although the hotel is quite expensive, it's averagely priced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your stay with us.

I was happy to read that you found the Reception staff friendly and helpful and the location convenient. Your kind words will be passed onto the rest of the team.

We hope we can welcome you back to stay with us again in the not too distant future.

All the best,

(General Manager)
North East England
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here for one night as we were attending some awards. As with all London hotels, its pricy to stay here, however, 4 star it defiantely isnt.

Its a small hotel with a small bar and dining area. The rooms were dark and dated and the tv was very old. The bathroom needs updating too. Its so old it looks unclean. The carpets where thin and dirty in places and the pillows uncomfortable.

My room faced onto the back of a number of commercial buildings, so when the refuse van came at 5am to collect around 50 large rubbish bins, you can imagine I wasnt very impressed with the noise. I would ask to have a front facing room.

We had breakfast and to be fair it was ok. I have noting either way to say about it. There was plenty of choice and self service, although tea and coffee was served by the cup by the waiter. We had to ask 3 times before our hot beverages were served, but the tea had been in the pot so long it was stewed..

The hotel states it has wifi, however I could not get a decent enough connection to use it.

I wouldnt stay here again, however, it is quite central so thats its plus point.

I can't say anymore to be honest..

Room Tip: front facing room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is invaluable to us.

I was disheartened to read that you were not satisfied with your overall stay. In regards to your points we apologise if the room appeared small, however I am sure you appreciate that we are located in the heart of Mayfair and the majority of Central London hotels are smaller than other destinations. We feel the rooms are more than adequate and equipped with all the usual facilities that one would need.

We would agree that the Hotel may appear slightly worn in areas however, our pricing reflects our facilities and we can assure you that you received a fair rate compared to other hotels within the area.

Wi-Fi is complimentary and in most cases guests are pleased with the performance. I offer my sincere apologies if you had to wait to be served during breakfast however, this is normally a very busy period. We usually advise guests to have an early breakfast rather than a late one simply due to the busy timings.

Unfortunately being located in Central London there is noise pollution that the Hotel cannot prevent such as early morning waste removal which is required and we apologise that this was a nuisance for you during your stay.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience caused. We hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel to rectify your experience.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have just returned from our Honeymoon weekend at the Park Lane Mews Hotel. My new Wife and I really enjoyed our stay and the staff could not have been more helpful, breakfast, although we arrived down later than hoped, was delightful. After walking past the Hilton we both agreed that we made the right decision as this hotel has plenty of warmth and character. Thank you one again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Mark S,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor. Congratulations and thank you for choosing to stay at The Park Lane Mews for your honeymoon weekend.

I was pleased to read that you were delighted with your overall experience. Your kind compliments will be passed onto the rest of the team.

We hope to welcome you and your new wife back to stay with us again in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent location for London and getting around. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff were polite and helpful and hotel very much suited our needs for our overnight stay in Central London. Parking was a problem.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we appreciate all feedback.

I was delighted to read that you were happy with the location, room and friendly staff. All vital aspects of an experience when staying at a hotel.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

(General Manager)
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic service!

Beautiful building and reception areas.

The rooms are in need of a refurb (marks on the wallpaper etc.) My room was more like a dorm but as it was a single room it suited my needs. I'd be interested the see what the double rooms were like as I wouldn't necessarily suggest this is the best hotel for a weekend away - but it was perfect for a business trip.

Great location!

Unfortunately as this hotel is situated at the back of the Hilton I was woken up at about 7am by the sound of a reversing truck collecting empty bottles, rubbish etc. which was very noisy, but as soon as the truck had gone I went back to sleep again.

The maids then rang the doorbell WAY TOO EARLY, especially as I had been at a function the night before - they repeatedly pressed the bell 3 times (the first time was before 9am). Seeing as it was a weekend they should definitely wait until at least 10am to knock the door gently, then only press the bell after 11am at the earliest!

I'd like to personally thank Carlotta who worked on the main reception desk, she advised and helped me over the phone before I arrived and then gave a warm and genuine welcome to the hotel and also again when I departed. Lovely professional and friendly character - thank you!

Overall I had a great night in London and would consider staying here again as the price was good (I booked through laterooms.com).

• Stayed July 2014
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with your room and that you were pleased with the location and your overall stay.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by the Hilton hotel and the the door bell disrupting your lie in. We will look into this matter and prevent this from happening in the future by briefing all maids.

I was happy to read that you were happy with Carlotta. Please rest assured that this will be passed onto Carlotta and the rest of the team.

We hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is well located and in a peaceful, it looks great from the outside and puts a smile to your face, when inside the lobby area is also nice.. get to the rooms and its a whole other story.

1. Dirty
2. Floors/Carpet need a good clean (my room carpet looked like 100yrs of dirt accumulated, all grey)
3. Air Con noisy and temperamental
4. TV very very outdated and fuzzy (you would think by now the TVs could be replaced for standard HD ones) felt like i was back in the 70s
5. Bathrooms were nice and clean thankfully

Definitely not a 4star there is no way. sorry to say. 2 star at best.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kay S

Travellers are raving about these London hotels