“Great Marriott Property in Excellent Location!”

London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
Ranked #372 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Norman, OKI
“Great Marriott Property in Excellent Location!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My fiancée and I stayed at the Grosvernor Square Marriott for 3 nights. After studying the reviews about London Marriott properties on Trip Advisor we chose this one. We used my fiancee's points and as part of her executive status we were given access to the club lounge and an "upgraded" king room.

As stated in numerous other reviews on here - the location of the hotel is excellent for getting pretty much everywhere you want. We did all the touristy stuff using the hopon/off bus from the Marble Arch stop. Plenty of places to eat/drink around the area and the pub across the street is great!

The staff we interacted with were all friendly and helpful.

We had a 2nd floor room that faced the inside of the property. I know this is Europe, but it was *really* small with hardly any room for 2 people, bags, anywhere to work, etc. It was very quiet though and good enough for a base from which to explore the city.

The club lounge is on the basement floor and is nice, albeit crowded during breakfast. Breakfast spread is adequate, evening drinks are available, and you could take water, soda, beer from the lounge back to the room without staff complaints.The guy for guest services that sits right outside the lounge - he is from the Philippines and I don't remember his name - was excellent in suggesting sight see areas and the best way to get there.

On a return to London we would certainly consider this property again, but would try for a larger room.

Room Tip: Get the largest room category you can afford.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bconwayOU

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Indonesian first
Frankfurt
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at this horrible place the second time in 1 year and it was the second time I got a room with less than 20 sqm, room 438 this time, last year it was another room facing Duke St.
During check in I got the feeling that getting this lousy room only happened as I was reedming points from my companies owner, who is a platinum guest in their 'Marriott Rewards' loyalty program.
The reservation was made using my first name by mistake instead of my last name and they could not change the name. Any idea what this means for someone if someone needs to find me at the hotel?
When I was going between from the desk near the window and the entrance I hit the corner od the wooden bed almost everytime. The bed itself was overloaded with pillows and dcor pillows which I normally like but not when you don't know where to put them when you go to bed.
The wall opposite the bed had nodeco except for the TV which was mounted on the upper part of the wall, the reest was plain white.
I tried to call AYS (At YOUR service, the Marriott 1 stop shopping helpline) three times and did not get the phine call answered!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, those rooms are not acceptable anymore
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ulrich Hermann H
Summit, NJ
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at the Grosvenor Square Marriott for the weekend between business trips to the UK and France. This hotel is everything and more you would expect from a Marriott. Excellent rooms, decor and customer service. The executive club is large and open extended hours. Till midNight every night. My room overlooked Grosvenor Square and I could see the American Embassy across the park. It's is an upscale neighborhood with shopping and dining and close to everything. Would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NJ_Bus_Trvlr
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 1 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

central location - the whole city is walkable from here - with a fabulous staff, and a crafty bar that didn't get much traffic --- the conciege and front-desk staff was fabulous and we were very happy with our room, too

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is one of the better Marriott properties that I have stayed in, way better than the ones I have been to in the USA.
The reception/lobby is small but very tastefully decorated, the Luggage Room Bar is great and the rooms are contemporary and nice.
The location is just perfect for any visitors to London.....a 3 minute walk to Bond St tube station and also 3 minutes walk to Selfridges department store on Oxford St. About a 5 minute walk to Park Lane and Hyde Park.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 10AFC
Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The Marriott Grosvenor Square was a great choice for my family's trip to London. The location is great. Kensington Park is around the corner, and most attractions are a short taxi ride. The rooms were very nice, good size for London. The staff was very helpful. Overall a very good experience.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rhanna03
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a great location, as anyone who knows London will tell you. However, service is really sub par compared to other Marriotts. I stayed for 3 nights for business. As a Gold member, I am typically upgraded. Not so this time. I was given an ordinary room and told I would be upgraded tomorrow. Tomorrow came and went - I was told I should have called to let them know I still needed an upgrade. Lounge is subterranean and cramped. You could get better value for money - and much better service - at some of the other Marriotts nearby (Park Lane, etc.) If Marriott managers are reading, you need to pay more attention to service here. This is not the Marriott way.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank S D
Krupa L, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear S D

Thank you for taking the time toreview our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I would like to sincerly apologise to you that your stay was negativly impacted by what you called sub Par service. Any feeback you have as to what sort of issues you experienced would be very helpful as we are always striving to improve.

Our rewards members are the reason behind our success as a hotel and brand. We need to recognise and value our members consistently which clearly did not happen during your visit. I sincerely apologise for our performance.

I do hope we have the oppertunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Please contact my assistant directly and she would be more than happy to manage your stay from its begining stages. I will send this to you in a private message.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards