“Great Location & Rooms”

Ranked #373 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Montreal, Canada
“Great Location & Rooms”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I went to see my father who was on a business trip in London, I stayed at the Marriott for a week... The room was incredible, impeccably clean & the bed was beyond comfortable.The staff were great & helpful (aside from 2 receptionists who were a bit rude & inconsiderate, but the other staff made up for that) The location was superb, nearby Oxford Street but away from the crowd & since it is in Mayfair, it is an easy walk to anywhere. There were 2 Christmas parties being held, & I could hear the music loud & clear, which got a bit annoying at one point, especially when I wanted to have an early night.

Room Tip: Don't book on the first floor during the holidays especially if you're on a business trip, y...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Bebetimes

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Thank you very much for your comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms and the bed. I was very pleased to read you found the staff to helpful. I would like to apologise that you found two of our receptionists to be rudeand inconsiderate and would as you to contact me if you have their names or a description, you can forward this to my PA on louise.jameson@marriott.com.

I would hope we would have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Ian Pask

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This Marriott is amongst the poorest service I have experienced! Was put in a 1st floor room with cars driving by each night and was virtually impossible to sleep. Would not recommend this hotel for business travel--

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Cloud C

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very surprised to see you found your stay and the service to be poor. I would very much welcome and specific feedback you may have, please do contact my assistant on louise.jameson@marriott.com so I can look into this with urgency.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Washington, DC, USA
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had not stayed in this hotel in 8 years. We could not have been more pleased with everything. There were 10 of us, and we asked for two sets of two adjoining rooms, which they gladly got us. The free breakfasts for 10 of us saved us, as the British would say, a "bloody" fortune.

The location is a short hop away from the Bond Street tube stop, and because it is in Mayfair an easy walk everywhere.

Also, all of the hotel personnel were very, very helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Blue1231

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are so glad you found your stay with us to be enjoyable and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My husband and I celebrated the anniversary of our first date here in December 2013. We stayed in a Superior Room, which was exceptionally large by European standards. The king-size bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom spacious. The gym was modern and well-equipped.

The location of the hotel in London was one of its best attributes - close to Hyde Park (5 min walk) and to Oxford Street (5 min walk). It is also close to train and tube stations, making it easy to get around the city and to/from the airport.

The staff was gracious and accommodating, helping to make our celebration notable and enjoyable.

Room Tip: The Superior Rooms are quite spacious.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear LBTravel2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read you had a great stay with us that you liked your room and found our staff to be gracious.

We do hope we have the oppertunity of welcoming you back very soon.

Ian
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I had such a lovely and unforgettable stay here in March 2013. Marriott(s) are usually awesome in overall - the staff here was too good. This was my first stay at this property and my only trip to London so I don't have anything to compare it to. However, the location is just awesome, interior was good and the cleanliness was just perfect.

During check in there was no problem with the reservation - I was like "here we go” as we were getting late for our conference at basement conference halls of Marriott itself. We appreciated Marriott staff because they are loyal and courteous to their customers and accepted our request for early check-in. I heartily appreciated the courtesy of the reception staff specially Ms. Patel.

I checked in to a nice room though the toiled was small (little uncomfortable at initial moment) but full of good features. After a good shower I enjoyed the complimentary cookies which were too delicious, we got free Wi-Fi and every night I enjoyed complimentary chocolates too. One missing thing in this package was that the TV does not have good set of free to air channels as almost all good channels are on paid basis (paid to hotel basis).

The hotel staffs including the doormen are good and courteous - they always have smiles on their faces.

If I ever have the luck to travel back to London I would love to stay here again. I think this place is a gem.

Room Tip: Go for Grosvenor Square View Room..!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Sandeep G

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hote on TripAdvisor.

I was so pleased to read your review and so glad you had a wonderful stay with us.

We very much look forward to having you come stay soon.

Louise
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel new years eve and new years day. Everything is fantastic, staff are friendly, location is very central. I will defenitely coming back in this hotel again and recommended it to others.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Abby T

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and was great to read you thought everything was fantastic.

We do hope you come back and stay soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I spent ten days at this hotel on business, and found it to be excellent in nearly every regard.

First off, the staff is kind and helpful, always ready for a question, and never haughty or difficult. I appreciate that.

The rooms are comfortable, well-appointed, with good, strong showers, and decent work spaces.

The basement gym is outfitted with new equipment and - in my experience - the number of machines is sufficient to handle the rush hour onslaught of guests.

Alas, the hotel lacks a decent lobby - just some soft chairs stuffed into alcoves - requiring that guests looking for a public space to have a meeting retire to a cafe. In that sense it's not very welcoming. Also, there is no free wi-fi, and the wifi that is provided is ridiculously expensive.

Still, this is a very good hotel, in an excellent location, and you really can't go wrong so long as you don't plan on any lobby meetings.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear FeltonS

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay overall especially your comments regarding the staff. Thank you as well for your feedback about the lobby and the wifi.

We very much look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.