“Great Location and Friendly Staff”

London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
Ranked #363 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 March 2014

First time to London. Centrally located to tour buses, Hyde Park, Oxford Street Shopping, and Soho!

Staff in the Club lounge, Jo and Don, were especially "friendly!" Food ample, generally good, but 1-2 things could be better (wine brand was not good, little change of breakfast items).

Housekeeping was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Jackie Z

Thank you very much for reviewing your experince at Grosvenor Square on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your kind comments about Don and Jo I will ensure these comments are shared with them and the rest of the team. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a wonderful room with an outside area on floor 1. Room was modern and beautiful and the staff lovely too.
I was staying for an event being held in the hotel and they also ran that with aplomb - food was excellent.
Great location with a 2 minute walk to Oxford Street & Bond St.

• Stayed: March 2014
Ian P, Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Coalport1

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I was glad you enjoyed the room and service so much and hope we will welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

A beautiful hotel in a great location. Close to the Bond tube station so easy access to all London has to offer. Choose a room that overlooks Grosvenor Square, a fun place to walk around and see the various embassies. There are many restaurants and pubs within walking distance to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cody62

Dear Cody62

Thank you for very much for taking the time out to review ourt hotel on TripAdvisor. I was glad to see you had a pleasant stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

There's a ton of places to stay in London, and a great number of Marriott hotels too, if you're brand loyal. But this hotel has the most personable staff in all of the local hotels (and I've stayed in all of them). As a platinum guest, the lounge experience is something that makes a big difference - and the lounge is a huge plus here. Jo and Csongor truly make your stay a top flight experience - greeting you by name, attending to whatever you may need, making you feel home away from home. The location of the hotel really can't be beat either, close proximity to the tube, local shopping and restaurants, without being too close to Oxford St. Two Gordon Ramsay restaurants also make this an excellent choice, particularly for the weary business traveler. Choose here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank godbully

Dear godbully

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor.

Thank you so much for your comments about your club lounge experience in particular about Jo and Csongor, this was great to read about. I will ensure these comments are shared with both of them and indeed the rest of the hotel team.

I do hope we will have the oppertunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed in this property around Christmas time,i was surprised on how small the lobby was,yet so cozy and clean!! i was upgraded with my family into a suite and we had an extra room for the kiddies "i really enjoyed the service staff are all wonderful from duty managers,to house keeping and onwards ready for all and everything!! we had a corner suite with an open fire in those chilly nights!!(the only experience that was on the down fall was the room service,which belongs to Gordan Ramsey,the hotel does not have much say in it?they kept on trying to express to them to improve with the service but in the five nights of being there it was a NO GO,i had to order out!!Only the last night after the Operations manager,a lovely gentleman from Thailand a country with so much knowledge in the hospitality industry,if you have been there you will understand!! so he did all his best to make our stay nothing but pleasant!! so he ha some influence to say well ENOUGH,try to do something for the NAME sake of Gordan Ramsey,and our hotel "so for the first time the food was tasty,and fresh!l think that now i could say well try thr food you might have better luck!!(oder in and watch a range of great movies for a bargain price,we enjoyed it as a family).BUT never the less the shopping is right on the corner main strip,you have selfridges one of the elite stores,apart from harrods!! you have restaurants bars,and all upper class of course!!A GREAT NEIGHBOURHOOD!!really!! PLEASE DO TRY IT OUT!!
I thank you so much!! to the great hospitality!!we will be back!! Regards to our Director of Operations,you gave us a bit of Thailand in the London busty city!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Daniela B

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your kind coments about the hotel and staff especially Aekphon our Director of Operations from Thailand.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My most recent stay in London was short, but made a bit nicer by my choice of hotels this trip. The Marriott Grosvenor Square is in a central location and not on one of the major streets so, though you hear some noise, it's not as loud as many of the other major hotels in central London. It's an easy walk to shopping and dining, and not all that far from the theaters either. As usual, the Marriott staff were friendly on in top form. The one complaint was that the mattress appeared to have been slept on one too many times and - sagging greatly when I awoke (with a sore back). If I'd not needed to rush to LHR for an early flight , I would have discussed this with the front desk before departing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Prof Coop

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I would sincerely like to apologise to you for the sore back and the inconveniennce of a bad nights sleep, it is very rare to receive bad feedback regarding our beds. Please do contact my PA on louise.jameson@marriotthotels.com with the details of the room you stayed in so housekeeping can look into this.

Thank you so much for your comments regarding the staff it is always a pleasure to read such feedback.

I do hope we will have the oppertunity of welcoming you back in the near future and We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed here in February for 5 nights and I didn't want to leave. I never like to travel, but if someone said, ''Okay, you need to live in this hotel for the next 6 months'', I would say, ''Okay, I can do that.''

The hotel is expensive, but every hotel is expensive in London. It's nearby Oxford/Regent street and my office was a 20 minute walk.
The bed was incredibly comfortable (much more than my own, sadly!) with a great variety of pillows (this is my thing).
They gave me a 1st floor room that faced the park and it was beautiful. They even gave me a mini-fridge (no charge!) to store my almond milk, gluten-free stuff, etc. The room itself was beautiful with a giant bed and high ceilings and a hard floor (loved this). The room and hotel was extremely clean.
The bathroom was really nice - plenty of hooks and thick towels and a super comfy robe - great water pressure and amenities.
The gym was nice (though in a basement which is always a bit depressing) - it supplied towels and water and earphones. The only negative thing was that the vents were blowing right in your face if you were on the elliptical. (seriously, I am trying to find something wrong with this hotel)

The main thing I felt about this hotel was that people who work there had actually stayed in the rooms and thought of all the little things - where to put hooks, where to put light switches, where you needed outlets - it felt very thought-out.

The biggest thing was that the staff was so so so nice. This hotel is in a super posh area, and you would think that combined with it being London, you'd get some snooty hotel staff (especially when you rock up in your gym clothes to check-in), but they were so authentically nice and genuine. Even the maintenance man who came to show me how to properly use my heating was so interesting and nice - worked there for over 20 years?!

I think if you're in the hotel business, you should stay in this hotel so you can see how a hotel should be.

Room Tip: Ask for the 1st floor that face the park