“fabulous time, fabulous service, great staff”

London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
Ranked #373 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“fabulous time, fabulous service, great staff”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here for a few days to celebrate my birthday with our 2 sons. The service we received from the greeting from arrival by the doorman to the minute we left was superb, both to ourselves and to the children. The hotel was clean and good décor and we did not want for anything. The rooms were well equipped and quiet and the curtains were fabulous and actually allowed our kids to sleep in - something they simply do not do at home :)

What probably helped make our stay was the upgrade my husband received giving us access to the club lounge which the kids loved as it made them feel very grown up, and my youngest particularly enjoyed the different sausages on offer every day.

I particularly enjoyed our dinner in the restaurant where the staff bought out an unexpected birthday pudding and song for me!!

All in all a great place to stay and well placed for sightseeing and shopping alike, we will be back!

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony - we didn't actually get to make proper use of it due to our busy...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vicsta732016
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Vicsta73

Thank you for the taking the time to review the hotel on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

Thank you so much for your comments about the room and about your stay in general, I am glad you had a wonderful stay.

I do hope you will return tostay with us very soon.

Ian Pask

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Indonesian first
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I got a great price on this room for the trip my husband and I took to London and was very happy with the hotel. The rooms are small, but I think probably on par with being in a big city like London. In spite of this there was plenty of closet space and we were able to put 2 big suitcases in the room with still enough space to walk around. The room was clean and the bathroom looked like it had been recently redone. You have tea and coffee in the room along with 2 shortbread cookies, chocolate on the pillow with the turn down service.

Had a good experience with the hotel staff. They were friendly, very helpful, and gave good advice. The only thing I would caution is the walls are a little thin so if your neighbors are very noisy you will probably hear them.

I think the location was great. Near the hotel there are some good restaurants and also shopping. It is not far from Hyde park and is a pleasant area to walk around. The nearest underground is Bond Station. I think it was very easy to get around central London from this hotel.

Didn't eat at the hotel or use the gym while we where there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea L
Dear Andrea L

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience here at the Marriott London Grosvenor Square.

I was very pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and liked your room.

I do hope that you return to stay with us in the ear future.

Louise
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Good things
+ Good location in a reletively quiet street
+ Lots of staff
+ Decent bed
+ Great shower
+ Breakfast staff are nice

Bad things
+ Staff, on 3 occasions, passed me onto another member of staff for simple requests, can only the bell boy call a taxi (not receptionist?), can only the manager process a late check out? (not the receptionist?)
+ Breakfast was limited, 20 pounds for buffet but gotta pay another 5 pounds for 2 poached eggs?
+ I can imagine this hotel can be noisy with functions
+ Turn down service came at 5pm, little early..
+ no spa or sauna, not good for a marriott
+ Corporate booking yet they put the bill under my door a day before I was leaving, bit odd.
+ Having to listen to the staff talk about 'how they need to sleep with more people" during breakfast.

for 230 pounds a night things should be a bit better

Room Tip: add a query about noise from the function rooms and you might get bumped up
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank thedragon67
Dear thedragon67

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, the comments and observations of our guests are of the utmost importance to us.

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise to you for the conversation you overheard during breakfast. I take a very serious view on matters such as this as I find it unacceptable and I can assure you the situation has been dealt with.
I have also raised your feedback about been 'passed on' to our Front office Manager who will ensure the necessary training is carried out with her team to ensure situations like this don’t happen.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future in this instance I ask you contact my PA on louise.jameson@marriott.com and she would be delighted to ensure you are looked after.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is a top notch Marriott property, ideally located in Grosvenor Square, near shopping, great restaurants and the American Embassy, If you stay here more than one time, the staff will remember you and make you feel like part of the family. Two great Gordon Ramsey restaurants on property, plus great selections nearby. For shopping there is New Bond Street and Oxford Street.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cinandran
Dear Cinandran

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you for your comments about the staff.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Went to this hotel for a work trip...customer service was amazing and staff couldn't do more for you....however pillows were not good quality at all and very uncomfortable....the air vents outside room were very noisy and annoying. Not what you needed after a long day and a long day the following day!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank SarahHilton1985
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear SarahHilton1985

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very glad to read you very kind comments regarding our staff.

I would like to sincerly apologise that a noisy airconditioner impacted on your stay and you found the pillows to be uncomfortable. I would very much appreciate if you can email my PA your room details so both these points can be looked into with urgency. Her email is louise.jameson@marriott.com

I do hope we will have the oppertunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future to leave you with a much more postive memory.

Best Regards
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I love that this hotel is a minute away from the Bond Street tube and that Oxford Street with Selfridges is a short walk away. I love that the hotel is on the smaller side and has great service as well as a wonderful executive lounge that puts on quite a spread. It has been a few years since I had stayed here and I was surprised at how they have taken the English feeling out of the lobby and certainly the rooms with the renovations that took place a few years ago.. You would never know you are in London. The rooms are sleek and modern which equates to cold and boring for me; just no character at all and could have been in any of the many cities I travel to. The room is well-appointed however a clock on the nitestand would have been appreciated.
I did have noisy neighbors and I was cheerfully accomodated when I asked to be relocated.I love this location so for me I will overlook the very boring rooms and enjoy all that the area has to offer.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CathyLynne
Dear CathyLynne

Thank you very much for taking the time to review out hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to see you had a great stay with us and enjoyed all we had to offer. Thank you for your comments about the rooms and their decor, the hotel has opted for a contemporary feel which we understand is not to everyones taste.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future

Reviewed 30 March 2014

almost every time I visit London on business I stay at Mariott Grosvenor Square. This is one of the best hotels in London and also - in the world - I ve stayed in. Location, rooms, restaurants, conference facilities are impecable and of highest quality

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alina_Shch
Dear Alina_Shch

Thank you for taking the time out to submit a TripAdvisor review about your experience with us.

I was so glad to read how impressed you were with all we had to offer so thank you for sharing this.

I do hope we will welcome you back soon.