“Very friendly Staff & central location”

London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
Ranked #371 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Very friendly Staff & central location”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Enjoyed our time at this Marriot Hotel ,very courteous and kind staff along with great location of property Our first visit to London as a family.Felt the hotel was well located you name it shopping, tube station, park, good restaurants, everything in walkable distance.Enjoyed and had a pleasant stay.We even got a upgrade done for our stay for a little extra charge

Room Tip: if traveling with children and you are a family of four please ask for a room with two double beds,t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Indonesian first
East Sussex
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The room was lovely and spotless. The bed was very comfortable and the location is fantastic.
As we were about to leave the room to check out, my husband noticed that one side at the top of the 4 poster
bed, the side that was directly over my head as we slept the night before, was broken and out of its hinges and was left just lying on top of the perpendicular block of wood that forms the square. I was very lucky that it did not fall on me as it would have resulted in a very dangerous accident. We told the receptionist about it, I hope it was looked into after we left.
In such hotels and at this price, maintenance should be priority and people who clean the rooms should be made aware to report such bad features.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The minute we walked into Lobby the Decor the Staff the whole experience was Amazing. The Grosvenor Victoria Hotel was top notch. The entire Staff was Helpful, Courteous and Knowledgeable they were available for all our questions. We walked into Our suite and they had a Welcome Note with a bottle of wine for our Anniversary/Birthday. They seemed to enjoy helping Tourists like us on our first London Holiday. Loved the Tea Room in the early pm and the breakfast was very good. The location is London Center within walking distance to Buckingham Palace and easy access to Tubes and buses to take you all over. We did 3 Excursions on the Hop On Hop Off Double Deck Buses and thoroughly enjoyed the concept since the buses run every 15 mins you can get off do your own free time and get back on another since the passes are good for 24Hrs. We absolutely recommend The Grosvenor Hotel and will definitely return there. Ta Ta Cheerio London We truly Love You and your friendly People!!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Fabulous location for this purpose (and shopping) ...we could stroll over for our appointment without the stress of London traffic!! My husband only uses Marriott now and the hotel was good....staff were lovely and very helpful. When we arrived we were first given a King Bed with a 'make up' bed for our daughter...I asked to change rooms to 2 Queen beds and although I was accused of not requesting this room type (?) we were moved accordingly.....down side was the first room was far superior but couldn't let my daughter sleep without a proper bed for 3 nights!! Im not sure why the second room was apparently more expensive but any additional charges were waived.
The Executive lounge was a good facility but the temperature was just too hot and we ate a few times in the restaurant as a result. The downside for traveling with children (older children) is that there was no bar to relax in pre or post dinner where we could relax as a family.....not sure I would book this one again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was the first time at this Marriott and we were very impressed. The service was excellent with the staff extremely friendly and helpful. Our Executive room was comfortable and well equipped with a modern decor (compared to the Grosvenor House which has a more traditional decor). The Luggage room cocktail bar was a great place to hang out pre and post dinner with the barman making my favourite cocktail even though it was not on the menu. We didn't get the opportunity to dine at the Maze restaurant but the menu looked good and we shall certainly look to try that next time. The breakfast in the club lounge was very good for a Marriott lounge breakfast and although we didn't use the gym it looked good - modern with new looking equipment (Life Fitness). It was nice to be located so close to Hyde Park which was ideal for an early morning run and then walk around the park in the afternoon. Overall - a Marriott we shall be returning to.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel over a preference of other hotels as I had just booked the Marriot in Houston and it saved time talking to one operator.

I arrived the hotel after a 10hr flight from Houston and was hoping that even though I arrived the hotel at 9:30 I had a good chance of an early check in, (I naively assumed this as I had requested early check in and even told the Marriot booking operator I would be more than happy to pay for the additional night to guarantee an early check in). Anyway it didn't happen and looked like I was in for a long wait. Instead of waiting in the small lobby I asked if I could use the gym meanwhile, and they kindly obliged.

The gym is small but modern and functional though has no changing areas, showers or sauna etc. Oh and the gym was in a state of total anarchy having been invaded by at least 20 toddlers playing on the machines (very dangerous) I think it was a nearby birthday party but still this would not happen if they had somebody in that area (but they don't).

Back to my wait, I finally received my room at 12:30, after which I patiently waited 30-45 minutes for my bags to arrive. Nothing, no bags so I had to call concierge, but hey nobody in the hotel picks up a phone around here so on my third attempt (operator was not also available) I managed to get through and eventually over an hour later get my bags delivered.

Once in the room I'm greeted with a small but pleasant room, and even though there's not enough cupboard space to hang a few shirts and a couple of trousers I settle down. I later go out and tell the receptionist that I'm not receiving a proper wi-fi signal one bar that keeps dropping on my laptop and iPhone. He tells me to call the reception to patch me through to a help desk. I call and they tell me they will call back shortly, yet an hour later no call. So I call the night duty manager directly explain my woes and also informed him that though breakfast is included in my room rate it's served to late (6:45 because it's subcontracted to Ramsey group) too late for me, I need to be in the office at 7. He eventually tells me that if I see him in the morning he'll let me use the club lounge breakfast and exuberantly points outs it will be free of charge. I remark it should be as it's included in my room rate and he double checks and still thinks he's doing me a big favor. I'll probably not bother and get something from the office.

So now back to the wi-fi after sending a pleasant young reception staff to investigate the problem and him wasting 20-30minutes on the phone it's concluded that there is no strong signal in that room. They offer me to try some other rooms we tried several in vein (it's a hotel issue so if you need reliable wi-fi you have been warned) and eventually find this room where I can get a stable two bars worth of signal (yeah).

I've now moved rooms and settled in switched on the a/c to be greeted with a noisy rattling noise (it's gone be a long night ). Worst thing is I hate complaining so I'll look for a reliable hotel tomorrow I think that would be wise.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Toadster72
Ian P, General Manager at London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Toadster72

Thank you very mucjh for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I would very much like to discuss your issues and would ask that you contact aekphon.p@marriotthotels.com to arrange a convenient time for you to do this.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused and I look forward t speaking with you.

Kind Regards
Ian Pask
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed in a 'superior' guestroom with Marriott Rewards points over the Easter bank holiday. The room was huge (by any standards, and even more so by urban city hotel standards) and beautifully furnished. A large king modern-canopy-style bed and a pull-out sofabed was perfect for our family of four, and the marble bathroom was spacious and well-appointed. The hotel and our room was very clean and well-maintained. Beds were typical Marriott and oh-so comfortable with soft white linens.

Our room/rate included concierge lounge access and our teenage sons felt very grown-up accompanying us. The drinks and snacks were appreciated and we were fortunate to have a special Easter breakfast buffet hosted by the lounge.

The staff was friendly without being overtly patronizing, and we felt comfortable in this hotel. Some hotels don't seem as welcoming to families, but we did not feel out of place traveling with kids here.

We would definitely stay here again on a return trip to London. The location near Oxford Street was a great home base to explore the city, yet a quiet oasis to come back at the end of the day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family