This hotel had most of what i needed for a business trip, walking distance from the office i was working in and great central location. So let me start with the good things about this hotel:
1. Location: Great central location, access to anything i needed and didn't have to get on the tube, plus it is close to Hyde Park and that is such a beautiful park.
2. Maze restaurant is attached to this hotel, you can't stay here and not try one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants, and to my surprise the food price was not terrible.
3. Rooms were clean, i am big on not seeing hair on my bathroom floor or anywhere in my room and they definitely met my expectations there.
4. The staff was very friendly and very helpful.
Moving on to the bad
1. The coffee cups were not washed, i found lipstick on my coffee mug.... not once..
2. I would think all hotels will offer their guests complementary WIFI in this day and age, but not only was this not offered the price was astronomical, to me.
3. The gym was a little disappointing, they had all the standard machines, but the machines would stop in the middle of my workouts (very frustrating, especially when you are getting into a zone).
Staying here for business, it is a little frustrating to not have complementary internet, maybe if i were staying here for leisure it would not be as annoying.
Overall, i would say this is an O.K hotel, if they would update their cardio machines, make sure all their coffee cups are washed and provide free internet i would have ranked this hotel "Very Good"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the fashionable Mayfair neighbourhood, the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square offers a timeless blend of elegance and comfort. First built as a stately townhouse, it has evolved into an exclusive hotel that infuses contemporary chic with classic luxury and exceptional personal service. Indulge in Gordon Ramsay's Michelin Star 'Maze' restaurant, host inspired events and enjoy our hotel's ideal access to Hyde Park and the West End. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott London
- London Marriott