“Excellent!”

Ranked #334 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Morges, Switzerland
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

Excellent place to stay if you want to be close to the big shops! Girlie weekend with friends. Friendly and helpful staff especially for airline checkin etc., we also got a free upgrade which was very much appreciated, thanks! We didn't have chance to check out the pool or spa but I imagine it is very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
donny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

There is no lift in the hotel so if you have any kind of walking impairment this is not the place for you.
We arrived to find the lift under renovation and was unable to get a refund on my booking so i could get to a hotel room without being in extreme agony.

The staff were totally unhelpful and even ignored me whilst i was talking to them.

Every floorboard creaked in our room and the one upstairs announcing when someone went to the bathroom at 3 am. Our bathroom was tired and mouldy too.

Room Tip: go somewhere else, you can get the Royal Horseguards for the same price
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Phil G
Eccleshall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

My 'better half' and I stayed here for a dinner at the Grosvenor on 12th March. I chose this hotel because I wanted something that was more upmarket yet cosy and not too large or expensive whilst at the same time having a lovely atmosphere, having large enough rooms and close enough to our dinner at the Grosvenor. I didn't want much did I?

But I found it in The Leonard. I booked a one bedroom suite which was a great price and right from the moment we walked in, we felt at home. We had a lovely welcome with smiling faces behind the reception desk and a really, really helpful concierge. Although we were early my other half had some calls to make so we stayed in the lounge for a drink but not long after that our room was ready so we made our way up there and it was lovely. A well proportioned lounge, with bathroom and good sized bedroom. It was nice and quiet too and very clean. I'm very fussy when it comes to the cleanliness of rooms. It was lovely to be greeted with Elemis beauty products in the bathroom too!

When we left that evening for our dinner at the Grosvenor we wandered downstairs and the concierge grabbed us a black cab and the same the next day when we were leaving. All in all a very, very enjoyable experience.

The only downside was the price of the drinks and this is where I find hotels shoot themselves in the foot big time! We have a single gin and tonic (1 bottle) and a single vodka and tonic (1 bottle) and the price was £18!! The tonics were only £4 so you can work the rest out!

Room Tip: We had a room on the back and it was lovely and quiet but the front is not so busy either as it not...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

The hotel was in realy good location , few mins walk to Oxford Street and Marble Arch tube station.
We have booked deluxe room ,the room and bathroom was big , clean , warm and nice , all the facilities were working proparly . The only problem was with the bed . They put 2 single beds together to make one double bed and in the middle of bed was very unconfortable , it was hurting our boddy .As I expalin this to reception they have changed our room to suit room wich was even better than our deluxe room . There was a kitchenette inside of room . We didn't use the kitchenette but it seemed it has plenty of stuf inside .

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

myself and my 5 month old baby stayed for one night in February. The location was really good, just round the corner from Marble Arch. We got there using the tube but there are no lifts at Marble Arch station so luckily someone helped me carry the pram and suitcase up the stairs. After that we used the buses as they were more pram friendly and there are buses from just round the corner to Victoria Station and up and down Oxford Street.
I had booked a one bedroomed suite and was informed check in was 2pm. I arrived at 12.30pm to try and see if the room was ready but it was still being cleaned and was told to come back at 2pm. When I came back with a hungry and tired baby the room still wasn't ready. I got really cross with the front desk and was offered a free tea or coffee....Have you ever tried that with a crying baby ;-) Anyway they then came back and said the room was ready and had upgraded me to the Grand Suite. I had asked for a cot and a high chair and both were in the suite. The suite was really big with a huge living room and nice sizd bedroom. When you started to look closer though there were marks on the walls, cracks etc so definately needs to be refurbished. It was very clean. The bathroom was adequate but very cold. Room service breakfast was delivered exactly at the time requested and was standard but nice. I liked the fact there was more than just normal tea and coffee on the tray (nice biscuits, herbal tea etc).
We paid £167 for the one bedroom suite.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Very quiet, good night sleep, but still in the heart of everything. Just a few steps from Oxford Street, Marble Arch tube station, restaurants and shopping. Staff is friendly and service-minded. Breakfast very good. Rooms are OK -average level, but location really excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed at the Leonard for two nights last week and loved every minute of it! The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. I loved the decor and location too! It was quiet and within walking distance to the marble arch and a few other London sights. I wish we had more time to stay and if I ever get back to London I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family